Bonnie "Prince" Billy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am ashamed to say that "Light" completely passed me by. I never even picked it up and I am normally a big fan of Will Oldham. I do have "Beware" and I think that is fantastic. I must rectify this situation fortwith.

hope to see him in atlanta...

as an aside, the only really infuriating thing about will is how scattered his music is! all those eps, 7", compilations, singles, albums under different names/spellings....it's crazy. and, some of those random tunes are awesome! for example, his recent single with the bewarers, what ever the hell that is. it's a great song, but not on the new album!!

as an aside, the only really infuriating thing about will is how scattered his music is! all those eps, 7", compilations, singles, albums under different names/spellings....it's crazy. and, some of those random tunes are awesome! for example, his recent single with the bewarers, what ever the hell that is. it's a great song, but not on the new album!!

Douchebaggery strikes again!

"Lie Down in the Light"

I was searching the database for a thread on this and couldn't find one. What do you'll think of this album. I've only listened to it once so far, but I really didn't care for it. He is hit or miss for me, and kinda creeps me out, but I love Sings Palace Music and I thought The Letting Go had some realy standout tracks, but this one feels confusing to me. I read all these reviews about the country folk rollicking nature of this album, and i swear they must have only listened to the first song. Anyway, what am I not hearing here?

I was wrong, I must have been in a weird space, this album is beautiful

I love(d) Lie Down in the Light so much that I ran out and bought Beware, I See a Darkness and Viva Last Blues on vinyl. I have issues (a subject for another thread).

Anyway, I got home, and realized, like a dunce, that while I prefer vinyl, I don't have a record player in my office or on the train commuting to work. And I (wrongly) ass-u-me-d that these LPs would have digital download. They don't. Also, rhapsody, my preferred streaming music program at work, doesnt have BPB or WO tracks. So you see where I am going with this.

I can provide photographic evidence of the LPs if you so desire. Anyone willing to PM a brother out? I dont blame you if you don't want to, but I do blame (ok, thank) this thread and everyone participating in it for this problem I have. If you hadn't been so vocal, I never would have discovered this great music.

-your pal

Matt

I love(d) Lie Down in the Light so much that I ran out and bought Beware, I See a Darkness and Viva Last Blues on vinyl. I have issues (a subject for another thread).

Anyway, I got home, and realized, like a dunce, that while I prefer vinyl, I don't have a record player in my office or on the train commuting to work. And I (wrongly) ass-u-me-d that these LPs would have digital download. They don't. Also, rhapsody, my preferred streaming music program at work, doesnt have BPB or WO tracks. So you see where I am going with this.

I can provide photographic evidence of the LPs if you so desire. Anyone willing to PM a brother out? I dont blame you if you don't want to, but I do blame (ok, thank) this thread and everyone participating in it for this problem I have. If you hadn't been so vocal, I never would have discovered this great music.

-your pal

Matt

If your issues relate to going through week long obsessions with a musician that leads to your searching your local record shops for anything of theirs on vinyl in some weird compulsive fashion and then going to wikipedia and other internet sources for any information you can find on the musician and then you try to get your wife to equally get into the musician by playing/and or watching DVD's about the musician during your week of obsessiveness. You might even go the musicians website and think about buying a t shirt.

yeah, I think you are alone and I think you have it bad. :stunned

• 2 years later...

I saw him about 3 weeks ago in Sydney.

It was one of the most beautiful concerts I think I've attended. Two guitars & one drumkit for instrumentation + 3 voices. The sound was perfect and he was in such fine voice. Sublime show. Still on a high.