I picked up something from one of the internet things I read.

When Jacob tells the faux-Locke "They're coming", he meant the lostie crew (I thought he meant Ilana and Richard). Therefore, there was not a detonation of the bomb, there was a time flash.

Now whether of not Juliet is alive is still open for discussion.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im playing the lost videogame. it kinda sucks, but its cool to go in the hatch. i feel like i know way more about the series then i should while playing it. oh well.

cant wait for the new season.

Lost: Is Charlie Pace Returning to the Island?

E! Online

Natalie Abrams Natalie Abrams – Fri Jun 5, 8:24 pm ET

Los Angeles (E! Online) – Update, 5:22 p.m.: Mystery solved. Dom'll be on another ABC series next season. Sorry, Charlie (fans).

In a new ABC promo, Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) is seen playing foosball with network stars Derek (Patrick Dempsey, Grey's Anatomy), Jules (Courteney Cox, Cougar Town) and Jay (Ed O'Neil, Modern Family). Yes, we said Charlie, which raises the question: Is he back for the sixth and final season of Lost?

Dominic's publicist would only say this: "He may or may not be returning to Lost. Viewers will just have to stay tuned."

In the promo, Derek jokes, "You're so dead," to which Charlie replies, "Actually, I was." Key word: was! Are they just playing with us, or is his return for real?

• 3 weeks later...

Source:TV IGN.com

Lost's Final Season Grows

ABC grants a little extra time to wrap up the mysteries.

by Eric Goldman

June 26, 2009 - If you love Lost and are lamenting the series coming to an end next year, then I've got good news for you – we're going to get one extra hour for Season 6.

Previously, ABC and Lost showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse had said Season 6 would be comprised of 17 hours total, but now EW's Michael Ausiello reports, via Twitter, "ABC confirms that Lost's sixth and final season will total 18 hours, including two-hour premiere and two-hour finale." Season 6 was actually going to originally be made up of 16 hours, until the writers' strike shortened Season 4, so this is the second time another hour of the show has been added to the final year.

No exact date has been announced for Lost to return, but presumably it will be in January once again.

I just started rewatching season 4 tonight. I'll rewatch season 5 around November or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Article Source: Slash Film.com

Producer Claims That He Created LOST 32 Years Ago

Posted on Tuesday, July 14th, 2009 by Peter Sciretta

lost2

Anthony Spinner, a television producer whose credits include Baretta and Babes in Toyland, is suing ABC and Touchtone Television with the claim that he created the tv show Lost 32 years ago. Spinner says that he wrote a television pilot for the network in 1977 titled Lost, which contains many ideas and characters that Spinner claims were later used for the hit television series Lost.

Spinner was paid $30,000 to write a TV pilot, but the network passed on the show in 1977, 1991 and 1994. Spinner is suing for damages and a cut of royalties, profits among other things. You might be wondering why Spinner waited five years to sue. Well, apparently he tried to file a lawsuit a few years back but it was dismissed for procedural reasons.

A list comparing the two shows has been leaked to TMZ which accounts for a lot of similar storylines and characters. His show featured a airplane headed to Los Angeles which crashes into a tropical jungle-like island, and tells the story of the survivors through the use of flashback sequences to their regular lives, pre-crash. The castaways included:

* Doctor (Jack?) who was the humanitarian voice of the group,

* Trailblazer (Locke?) who challenges the group to accept that they are stuck on the island,

* Strategic military man (Sayid?),

* Stubborn and reluctant semi-her (Sawyer?) who challenges the leadership and has a dark father-son past,

* Drug addicted survivor (Charlie?),

* Physically fit young woman who can perform many of the same tasks as the men (Kate?),

* An ethnic minority character (Sayid?) that has to deal with the racial slurs from another survivor (Sawyer?),

* Lone survivor of a scientific expedition (Roussau?) is found with gunpowder, secure shelter, and a relationship with others who were on the island before them (The Others)

* Female lead with criminal past (Kate?)

The show also involved a love triangle like Jack/Kate/Sawyer, the discovery of a cold weather animal in the warm tropical jungle (a saber tooth tiger instead of a Polar Bear), and a raft built that is destroyed by the natives.

And of course, there is always the possibility that the two shows stumbled onto a lot of the same ideas. Most of the characters are regular archetypes. Concepts like love triangles and natives on the island aren’t exactly original, and could have easily come from taking the idea to their logical conclusions. That said, the concept, complete with character-based flashbacks, is awfully similar. Who knows if these claims are accurate, but the producer seems a little bit more credible than the usual crazy crackpot.

It should be noted that some people believe this is just viral marketing for the show, especially considering that the teleplay was written in 1977.

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah all kinds of weird comic con news.

I am sure there are better ones but here is Pop Candy's Twitter Feed from the Lost Comic Con Panel.

Also comedian Paul Scheer has a pretty cool website/blog called Damon Carlton and a Polar Bear. (and I will be subscribing to its RSS feed BTW). Which has a run down of 2 of the 3 videos shown at comic con.

But for those of you who do not want to be caught watching videos at work here is what they showed. And this appears to be a major spoilers for the upcoming season.

Video 1:

According to the video Kate did not kill her father, but a business associate, and she is currently on the run.

Video 2: Hurley as the owner of Mr. Clucks. So Hurley is the owner of Mr. Clucks and is promoting his outback chicken. Apparently is super lucky after winning the lottery.

Video 3:

About their record of 30 years without a crash.

So yeah. Apparently Jack's and Faraday's plan worked. 815 never crashed.

Also the logo for next season shows, from left to right: Faraday, Boone, Miles, Michael, Ana Lucia, Charlotte, Shannon, Desmond, Eko, Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Locke, Ben, Sayid, Libby, Sun, Jin, Claire, Hurley, Juliet, Charlie, Frank, Richard, Bernard and Rose. And Locke's back is turned.

My head hurts so much right now, and I cannot wait for 2010.

Lost: Is Charlie Pace Returning to the Island?

E! Online

Natalie Abrams Natalie Abrams – Fri Jun 5, 8:24 pm ET

Los Angeles (E! Online) – Update, 5:22 p.m.: Mystery solved. Dom'll be on another ABC series next season. Sorry, Charlie (fans).

In a new ABC promo, Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) is seen playing foosball with network stars Derek (Patrick Dempsey, Grey's Anatomy), Jules (Courteney Cox, Cougar Town) and Jay (Ed O'Neil, Modern Family). Yes, we said Charlie, which raises the question: Is he back for the sixth and final season of Lost?

Dominic's publicist would only say this: "He may or may not be returning to Lost. Viewers will just have to stay tuned."

In the promo, Derek jokes, "You're so dead," to which Charlie replies, "Actually, I was." Key word: was! Are they just playing with us, or is his return for real?

Season 6 posters:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/Sm7-fHVjUrI/AAAAAAAAvho/3Yp1WlAnFSo/s1600-h/s6promo.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/223/lostcharacterswallpaper.jpg

http://www.sl-lost.com/images/news6poster.jpg

That last one is fan-made but very cool.

...And pictures aren't showing up in my preview so I had to make them clicky. Weird. Don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Sorry to put the whole thing in spoilers, but I don't want anyone mad at me! Oh, the mystery... Though I'm sure you all beat me to the punch anyway...

Season 6 posters:

http://4.bp.blogspot...0-h/s6promo.jpg

http://img17.imagesh...rswallpaper.jpg

http://www.sl-lost.c...news6poster.jpg

That last one is fan-made but very cool.

...And pictures aren't showing up in my preview so I had to make them clicky. Weird. Don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Sorry to put the whole thing in spoilers, but I don't want anyone mad at me! Oh, the mystery... Though I'm sure you all beat me to the punch anyway...

So more on what you are talking about.

Dominic Monahgan (Charlie) showed up at the end of the Lost Panel at Comic Con, didn't say anything, but waved to the crowd. Good post with video at Damoncarltonandapolarpear.com. On Dominic's hand was written "Am I Alive" A close up picture can be found here.

On a side note, the spoiler text thing has gotten ridiculous.

On a side note, the spoiler text thing has gotten ridiculous.

I agree. I guess I'm just used to perusing Lostpedia. I don't post there, but they chastise for anything that hints of a spoiler. On this particular one it seems pretty clear they're just fucking with us. I like it. :yes

• 4 weeks later...

And if the search function doesn't get you what you want...you can always spend 45 seconds or so scrolling back through a couple of pages

i would like to apologize, once again, to everyone on this board. i was drunk when i posted the picard and locke thing to the wrong forum. i thought it was funny, and that you guys would enjoy it. so, sorry guys. (except for keving, you called me a chipmunk or a monkey or something. i hope i really pissed you off.)

i would like to apologize, once again, to everyone on this board. i was drunk when i posted the picard and locke thing to the wrong forum. i thought it was funny, and that you guys would enjoy it. so, sorry guys. (except for keving, you called me a chipmunk or a monkey or something. i hope i really pissed you off.)

Hold on there, I never called anyone a chimpmunk. It was Crow Daddy Magnus:

This thread from Season 3 was revived by some chipmunk who didn't use the search function correctly :monkey

And I don't think it was about you. Yes, you brought the season 3 thread back to life, cause you where drunk or something, and the Piccard/Locke thing was relatively funny, abit childish.

My problem was with dunnright00 who posted something has been posted before (actually twice before). People (and I am talking about everyone and this is something I am guilty of), don't read what as been posted before, nor do they use the search function. It is freaking annoying.

So yes N.A.P.E. I will call out and "douche" those that are so thick they can't use the search function properly, let alone actually read what someone else has written.

With that being said I think we should close this and all other Lost threads and Start a new one for season six.