By the way, I was really hoping that Ben would come out with some "I've been knowing what's up this whole season" voodoo at the end of the episode. I'm really not fond of this broken, naive follower that he's become (although, kudos to Michael Emerson for the last scene with Jacob, and to the writers for finally giving him some good material again).

I agree with you. I did laugh though when Ben said something along the lines of "I lied, that's what I do". Sooooo true! :lol

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, oh man!

So does any of the Jacob/"Locke" stuff even matter? I mean, Juliette did blow up the bomb. In fact, what was the purpose of having her fall down there and blow up the bomb herself? Why not just have it blow up when it falls?? But what if that's what was suppose to happen?! If Jacob is in charge of The Island then why did The Island tell Ben not to kill "Locke"??????? Or was it "Jacob's Enemy" who appeared as Alex?? Ahh I can't wait for January 2010. Seriously, not fair.

Glad they told us where Rose and Bernard went. Oceanic Survivors remaining by my count: Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Walt, Aaron, Sayid, Jin, Sun, Bernard, Rose, and of course, Vincent. Maybe Claire?

Ok so my guess, that I've had in some form or another for a while, and was only reinforced by that shot after the show ended...The bomb sent Jack, etc. back to when they first crashed on the island. That opening shot from the pilot with Jack's eye...I'm thinking that's where/when they get sent back to - not LAX as Sawyer said. Something just wasn't right about that first scene with Jack running around the coast until he turned the corner and saw the plane wreckage.

And I think it's pretty evident that the Locke that has been walking around the island is Jacob's enemy from the beginning of the finale. And also probably Alex and by extension Christian. I'm guessing the "they" that are coming according to Jacob are Illiana and the box crew with real Locke's body.

I dunno, I'm still kinda amped from the end of that.

-or-

The dudes all the way back in the 70s are the ones that are coming to 2007 to Jacob/Fake Locke/Richard/Ben etc.

Ok so my guess, that I've had in some form or another for a while, and was only reinforced by that shot after the show ended...The bomb sent Jack, etc. back to when they first crashed on the island. That opening shot from the pilot with Jack's eye...I'm thinking that's where/when they get sent back to - not LAX as Sawyer said. Something just wasn't right about that first scene with Jack running around the coast until he turned the corner and saw the plane wreckage.

And I think it's pretty evident that the Locke that has been walking around the island is Jacob's enemy from the beginning of the finale. And also probably Alex and by extension Christian. I'm guessing the "they" that are coming according to Jacob are Illiana and the box crew with real Locke's body.

I dunno, I'm still kinda amped from the end of that.

I agree, there is a screenshot somewhere of that first scene of the series

of jack opening his eyes with that baton/extendable stick thing lying next to him that ben used when he landed in the desert in tunisia to beat up widmore's guys. so it seems that that "opening" scene is after a lot of events on the island have happened already..

I'll work on finding it.. it's interesting that you think thats where they are going to end up at the beginning of next season though. i was thinking that was how the entire series would end (and make a hell of a lot of people unhappy) i'm having trouble convincing myself they would do that, but it was a thought. just starting the entire story over again..one big endless cycle....you ultimately cant change anything..what happens happens.. god my head hurts thinking about it.

but, to oppose that thought, how would they carry on with the season if they opened with that scene? they cant start over now...also, everyone has to make it back for the war! duh. who would want to miss out on THAT?

also, why did jacob warn his enemy that "they were coming"? i dont think the guy deserved a warning. or try and talk ben out of what he was about to do? i suppose he was all about free will. but still. ugh. i'm still processing.

I've had a couple of thoughts on Jacobs final words but let me address the beginning of next season. If they do in fact end up in the first scene of the show, I think that they are cognizant of what has occurred, similar to how they were when they flashed through time this season. That's why Jack look so surprised, and his wounds too! I just thought of that, his wounds could be from Sawyer's beating! Dang a comparison of screenshots would be rad. Anyway, I think if that's the case, it would play out like Back to the Future II, but I'm not quite sure what they would do with that...so maybe that isn't the answer.

But as for Jacob's warning to his enemy...this might get a little winded but bear with me. Jacob's cabin from the previous season's? I don't think that was either Jacob's cabin or Jacob. Jacob clearly lived in the statue, and I think it was Jacob's enemy being locked in the cabin by the ash that surrounded it. When the ash had that line broken through it that Iliana noticed in the finale, Jacob's enemy broke free allowing him to become proxy for John Locke. BUT this was after telling John Locke to "Help him" (him being Jacob's enemy). Confused yet? Basically, Jacob's enemy put everything into motion for Locke to become the leader of the others, and when Locke's dead body returned, he was able to assume it. Another thought that might be related, might not, is that Jacob wanted to die for whatever reason, but couldn't....that's why the man on the beach (or enemy) in the beginning of tonight's finale said "I wish I could kill you", he sincerely wanted to put him out of his misery, and for whatever reason had to have someone else (Ben) do it for him...this is all after proving Jacob wrong about the timeloop business.

I lost steam and my head hurts, and there is no point in trying to make too much sense out of all of this. Yet.

also, why did jacob warn his enemy that "they were coming"? i dont think the guy deserved a warning. or try and talk ben out of what he was about to do? i suppose he was all about free will. but still. ugh. i'm still processing.

Maybe it was more like "my buddies are coming to kill you"?

HEY! What did Richard say, in Spanish, when asked what lies in the shadows of the statue???

Maybe it was more like "my buddies are coming to kill you"?

HEY! What did Richard say, in Spanish, when asked what lies in the shadows of the statue???

Richard replies in Latin, "He who will protect/save us all."

so much for that...way to go ben

I've had a couple of thoughts on Jacobs final words but let me address the beginning of next season. If they do in fact end up in the first scene of the show, I think that they are cognizant of what has occurred, similar to how they were when they flashed through time this season. That's why Jack look so surprised, and his wounds too! I just thought of that, his wounds could be from Sawyer's beating! Dang a comparison of screenshots would be rad. Anyway, I think if that's the case, it would play out like Back to the Future II, but I'm not quite sure what they would do with that...so maybe that isn't the answer.

But as for Jacob's warning to his enemy...this might get a little winded but bear with me. Jacob's cabin from the previous season's? I don't think that was either Jacob's cabin or Jacob. Jacob clearly lived in the statue, and I think it was Jacob's enemy being locked in the cabin by the ash that surrounded it. When the ash had that line broken through it that Iliana noticed in the finale, Jacob's enemy broke free allowing him to become proxy for John Locke. BUT this was after telling John Locke to "Help him" (him being Jacob's enemy). Confused yet? Basically, Jacob's enemy put everything into motion for Locke to become the leader of the others, and when Locke's dead body returned, he was able to assume it. Another thought that might be related, might not, is that Jacob wanted to die for whatever reason, but couldn't....that's why the man on the beach (or enemy) in the beginning of tonight's finale said "I wish I could kill you", he sincerely wanted to put him out of his misery, and for whatever reason had to have someone else (Ben) do it for him...this is all after proving Jacob wrong about the timeloop business.

I lost steam and my head hurts, and there is no point in trying to make too much sense out of all of this. Yet.

Wait! So, season 1, episode 1, Jack wakes up with the bruises from the fight with Sawyer, but without the memories of everything that happens in the series. Season 6 epsiode 1, he wakes up, same thing, but with the memories??? I'm not following. However I did find a picture of Jack from the very first episode, with different hair, a suit, and just a few scratches on the face.

Pilot-Jack.jpg

Your theory on the cabin sounds spot on but wouldn't Jacob put an end to Locke becoming the leader before it happened??

you are most definitely on to something. i'm on board. also, i think jacob didn't intervene because again, he's all about free will. what happens happens. it is all set in motion because, ultimately, his death will save the island.

PS: pilot_001.jpg

jack is not nearly as beat up here as he was after sawyer was through with him..

I read some where that the producers of Lost said they were not going to end the show with an abrubt cut to black like David Chase did with the Sopranos. Well the end of season 5 fulfilled that promise with an abrubt cut to white. I need some one to go down in the well and turn the wheel so it is 2010 already.

Guest Francis X. Hummel

That was an awesome finale. I had been a bit down on the show this season, but that was stellar. I have no idea what the fuck is going on, but I really like some of your theories.

January couldn't seem farther away.

Last season there were screencaps of the person in the cabin who was saying "help me". Everyone thought it looked like Kris Kirstofferson. Does anyone have those screencaps? I am wondering if they look like the new character introduced with Jacob last night. I also subscribe to the theory that this is the person locked in the cabin, not Jacob. Also, was that the cabin that Bernard and Rose were staying in? Bernard was acting creepy last night.

Also, if Jacob is the one who will save them all, and he died on purpose as someone mentioned earlier, are we looking at a Christ-like sacrifice? I need to put on my Biblical thinking cap to get my mind around it and see if there is anything there.

Finally, was it Christian who told Locke he had to die right before he turned the wheel? If that is the case, I would bet that this was also Jacob's enemy at the time. However, why didn't he just kill Locke right there and take over his body, does the body have to die off of the island for him to take it over?

Last season there were screencaps of the person in the cabin who was saying "help me". Everyone thought it looked like Kris Kirstofferson. Does anyone have those screencaps? I am wondering if they look like the new character introduced with Jacob last night. I also subscribe to the theory that this is the person locked in the cabin, not Jacob. Also, was that the cabin that Bernard and Rose were staying in? Bernard was acting creepy last night.

Also, if Jacob is the one who will save them all, and he died on purpose as someone mentioned earlier, are we looking at a Christ-like sacrifice. I need to put on my Biblical thinking cap to get my mind around it and see if there is anything there.

I was just looking at those screencaps.

So, was Richard purposefully leading Ben astray all this time by having him believe it was Jacob in the cabin? Or did Ben know that that wasn't Jacob in the cabin and was playing dumb to keep Locke off target?

Also, the theory that they wake up back at the scene of the plane crash doesn't jive with me. That would still put the majority of the primary characters three years (2004) before where all of the real action with fake Locke/Jacob/Richard and Illiana crew are (2007). It just seems like that would be a a waste of time at this point.

Lastly, I'm a little confused as to who the war will even be between at this point. Illiana's crew may not turn out to be the desperadoes they've been built up to be. In fact it seems like they went out of their way to warn Richard as to what was going on by carrying dead Locke's body all the way across the island? Did they do that as a way to suggest that they had the upper hand or that they, too were worried about the balance of power on the island? Are they truly with Widmore?

2010 is a motherf**ker. I believe I'm going to hold to my vow of abstaining from TV shows post-Lost. The Wire ain't coming back and there will never be another show like this, ever.

The Wire ain't coming back and there will never be another show like this, ever.

I've never watched The Wire, but I have noticed that ABC is trying to come up with shows that are supernatural or different somehow. I figure the other networks will try to copy it also. It can't be done.

I've never watched The Wire, but I have noticed that ABC is trying to come up with shows that are supernatural or different somehow. I figure the other networks will try to copy it also. It can't be done.

Yeah, ABC has been hyping that "What did you just see" stuff for weeks now. I just can't imagine caring about a TV show in this way ever again. I mean I put watching LOST live over almost any real-life social interaction, save for a really good concert. I turn off my phone, I close my door and alert my roommates to leave me alone.

As for the Bernard question? Yeah that's totally him, just with a few more pounds and a big ass beard.

Yeah, ABC has been hyping that "What did you just see" stuff for weeks now. I just can't imagine caring about a TV show in this way ever again. I mean I put watching LOST live over almost any real-life social interaction, save for a really good concert. I turn off my phone, I close my door and alert my roommates to leave me alone.

As for the Bernard question? Yeah that's totally him, just with a few more pounds and a big ass beard.

I've only missed watching the show while it was on twice - the first time I was at a Jeff solo show, the second time I was at a Wilco show.