• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Jacob's rival was living or using the cabin for sometime. Remember when John got the instruction to move the island, it was from Christian in the cabin, and it was John who was suppose to do it not Ben. The whole point of the moving of the island was so John would die come, back and Jacob's rival could use his form to convince someone else (Ben) to kill Jacob since he could not do it himself. Wow that was confusing.

Also the fact that Jacob's rival could not kill Jacob reminded me of the scene with Ben and Widmore saying that their were rules in place and they could not kill each other.

I read this somewhere (maybe here) but it apt, we have come a long way from Sawyer shooting a Polar Bear and wondering what that was all about.

I think it looks like Locke (in the cabin). And that the "enemy" had his mind set on being Locke for a long time...at first I thought he couldn't have already been in Locke's body at that point in the show, because Locke wasn't dead yet...but if Locke's body was in that box that the 316ers were hauling around the island all episode, then the enemy didn't need the actual body to take its form. Also, the enemy took the form of Walt, who was never dead either. He's just been set on being Locke and using him.

But...why didn't the enemy just use Ben ages ago? Why go through the trouble of getting Locke to this point? Ben already had an established position of power with the others. He could have gotten one of his minions to kill Jacob just as easily as he was convinced by "Locke"...manipulation was Ben's claim to fame. Perhaps this is why Jacob never revealed himself to Ben? I don't know. A bit confused here.

Also, did everyone notice that Jacob touched every member of the Oceanic 6 in their flashbacks? I'm trying to figure out the significance..

Finally: Bernard and Rose are the smartest people on the whole damn island.

PS. One last after thought: Was the real Locke the one who broke the ash circle around the cabin when Ben first brought him there? I can't remember. I vaguely remember him picking ash up in his hands to figure out what it was....

Also, did everyone notice that Jacob touched every member of the Oceanic 6 in their flashbacks? I'm trying to figure out the significance..

Finally: Bernard and Rose are the smartest people on the whole damn island.

I just noticed that when I was reading the analysis at Dark UFO. I recall catching it last night once or twice.

I think the Bernard and Rose deal was the Hurley moment of the episode - comic relief. There is some talk that they are the skeletons in the cave. I also find it funny that they have lived there without either group bothering them - sort of like the French woman living among the two groups, I suppose.

I think that Esau (biblical blah blah about Jacob and his twin brother Esau who fight a lot) couldn't use Ben and had to use Locke was because he needed to get the whole timeloop thing going. Hence the compass and pretty much everything Locke has done that has had any significance on the island. I'm glad Locke was a tool this whole time...totally fits his character development from seasons 1 and 2.

And Jacob's touching of everyone he visited, definitely played an important role in something.

Alright, once again what role if any does Widmore play in what's going on now?

Is Claire still alive?

Will Desmond be back as a major character next season?

It sounds like people believe Rose and Bernard stay in '77, die sometime thereafter and are eventually Adam and Eve in the cave in 2004?

Alright, once again what role if any does Widmore play in what's going on now?

Is Claire still alive?

Will Desmond be back as a major character next season?

It sounds like people believe Rose and Bernard stay in '77, die sometime thereafter and are eventually Adam and Eve in the cave in 2004?

Don't know what Widmore will play if any. It looks like next season is gonna be more a good v evil then before.

On Claire:

I read somewhere that she was gonna be back for season six, and not for season five; though does that mean she is alive? dunno

Desmond: Dunno, I hope so though.

Rose and Bernard: Jack said that the skeletons in the cave where like 60 years old, so that would not jive with the time line. But the producers have played lose and fast with timelines so who knows.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but haven't we been hearing about the "incident at the Swan" since back in Season 2 (?? or 3) when Locke has that door inside the hatch come down on his leg? This was the episode where we got to see the map of all the other "stations" or "hatches". Seems to me that there was a fair mention of the incident around that time in the series.

I keep having a hard time with the fact that events have or have not "happened" or if they are happening for the first time.

Did anyone else notice that in the scene where Locke has his fall, it almost looks like Jacob brought him back from the dead? Maybe that's why Locke had to die again, off island, for Jacob's enemy to be able to inhabit his body. That resurrection had to be reversed, or something. I don't know.

Did anyone else notice that in the scene where Locke has his fall, it almost looks like Jacob brought him back from the dead? Maybe that's why Locke had to die again, off island, for Jacob's enemy to be able to inhabit his body. That resurrection had to be reversed, or something. I don't know.

I don't know about the second part of your theory, but it clearly looked as if Jacob brought him back to life.

This seems to be a free will/destiny conflict as much as it is a good/evil conflict.

The O6 are simply the latest players in this conflict between these two forces. The players (Jacob and the unnamed one) are probably inhabiting bodies as avatars rather thaan owning the form themselves. They would appear to be equals from their conversation.

I am beginning to think that rather that a repeating series of events (a la Groundhog day), there are different players brought in to follow the same or similar events; apparently with the same outcome.

There has been some discussion as to whether the statue is of Sobek or Taweret. After consideration, I think that Jacob is an avatar of Sobek: He seems to be correcting events (in a certain sense) if not acutally 'repairing evil'.

And lastly, I would dearly love to know what Ileana's story is. What caused her devastating injuries? Is she ageless like Richard? She was known to Jacob and he knew her well enough to ask her to help him. Is she a part of Jacob's (I won't go as far as to refer to him as Sobek) priesthood? She has seen Jacob. Richard, an apparently equally aged servant of Jacob has never seen him.

Wow...

As I said before, we've come a long way since Sawyer shot the Polar Bear.

I did notice that. It's got to have some significance. What? I have no idea... Other than re-affirming that they are indeed supposed to be on that island for some reason.

Just curious, who do you guys think the statue is now? Anubis, Sobek, Tawaret...? (My vote is for Sobek)

Now, after having read up a bit on Sobek, I have no doubt that's who the statue is. (1) It most certainly looks like a crocodile head; (2) Sobek carried an Ankh; (3) Sobek is known as a fertility god, so maybe this has something to do with fertility problems on the island?

Something else I noticed on second viewing, Richard referred to Eloise as "our leader" when they were in the underground cave. I wonder why/at what point leadership switched to Widmore. Were there fertility problems then that forced them to move Eloise off the island?

OK, sorry about all the posting; it's amazing what I notice in the second viewing. Is Juliet pregnant?!? There was something about the way she was touching her belly when Bernard asked "you sure you don't want some tea?". And at first I thought she was surely dead at the end, but if she was alive when whatever caused the white flash, who knows where she ends up?

This show makes my head hurt...

These are avatars...the faux-Locke has the memories of the deceased Locke. There was a really crazy post on a Lost fan forum about all the O6 (and others) being 'inhabited' by the spirits/souls/essences of entities on the island...a kind of merge of kas with the spirit merging its personality with the Lostie. Thus Ben 'never being the same...forever one of us'. Thus the voices...the whispers.

I have a feeling I am going to be crazy by the time 2010 rolls around.

Something else I noticed on second viewing, Richard referred to Eloise as "our leader" when they were in the underground cave. I wonder why/at what point leadership switched to Widmore. Were there fertility problems then that forced them to move Eloise off the island?

It was somewhat implied by Richard a couple of episodes back that Widmore and Eloise were sort of co-running things. I can't remember who he was talking to (Kate perhaps) when he said "Well let'sjust say love is complicated." Obviously they have some sort of Bill and Hillary Clinton dual power going on.

In a separate thought what flashbacks are we likely to see next season: Richard and or the Black Rock, Jacob and the bad dude,

Illana, Is that it?

I actually think that at least one thread of the first episode could pick up with the Black Rock inhabitants and Jacob vs evil dude.

It was somewhat implied by Richard a couple of episodes back that Widmore and Eloise were sort of co-running things. I can't remember who he was talking to (Kate perhaps) when he said "Well let'sjust say love is complicated." Obviously they have some sort of Bill and Hillary Clinton dual power going on.

In a separate thought what flashbacks are we likely to see next season: Richard and or the Black Rock, Jacob and the bad dude,

Illana, Is that it?

I actually think that at least one thread of the first episode could pick up with the Black Rock inhabitants and Jacob vs evil dude.

I think Richard goes back much further than the Black Rock. And, don't assume that the 'Locke' is the evil dude. Jacob does appear to be the one manipulating things...

I am chosing to view the conflict as free will vs. destiny or order vs. chaos

I had a notion that Richard came to the island on the ship that Jacob and the other dude are watching during their discussion. I take it the ship was the Flight 815 of it's time. And what's the deal with the other plane, not the one with the statues, the one that has the numbers written on the wing. I am thinking of a piece of metal - it was the hatch. I have never re-watched any of the episodes, so I don't recall everything.