Clip show tonight...on the way to a rocking end of the season.

Who will die?

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scalia

Haha that's too cool.

You'd think Faraday would take off that stupid tie since he's stuck on an island. Well I guess he's not stuck since he left, but you know what I mean.

Haha that's too cool.

You'd think Faraday would take off that stupid tie since he's stuck on an island. Well I guess he's not stuck since he left, but you know what I mean.

That's what lead me to think they are dead...kinda like Griffin Dunne's clothes didn't change even as he rotted away in AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON.

Just ran across an interesting idea on a fansite.

I was watching the episode where Sawyer is in the Hatch recovering from the infection (I can't remember the episode title) the episode has all Kate flash backs of her getting arrested and is with the marshall and they get in the car accident and she escapes. Sawyer wakes up still out of is and grabs Kate and says "Why did you kill me" and passes out again. They make it look like he is channeling I think his name is Wayne her step father, but I keep thinking that maybe he was just him getting a flash from the future (past actually. The point here being Sawyer has a flash akin to the one that Desmond experienced when the past was changed. cdm). I am not getting a good feeling about this. Thoughts![/

quote]

Finally caught up with the Some Like It Hoth episode last night. One thing I thought about whilst watching: does the fact that Older Miles saw Younger Miles affect anything?

As stated before my only reference to time travel that I understand is Back to The Future. I understand that he hasn't fundamentally changed any course of events by crossing his own path, but wouldn't it mess things up, the same person occupying the same time-space?

Also, started thinking more about nature versus nurture. I think it's interesting that we've seen older Ben seemingly being an absolute c0ck (I say "seemingly" because as part of the bigger picture/grand scheme of things he might actually be helping), and we don't know whether he was born with those instincts, or whether he's picked these up through the course of events in his younger life - he's been shot, shepherded round between various factions, had an anus for a father - so self-preservation is going to be paramount.

But, the nature/nurture thing comes in because although we've seen Ben manipulate and hurt the Oceanic survivors, we're now seeing that they may actually have been the cause of that and his duplicitous behaviour in the first place. In other words they helped create the monster.

I hope the script writers follow that train of thought because it's interesting and kind of backward-engineers the 'reap what you sow' philosophy.

Finally caught up with the Some Like It Hoth episode last night. One thing I thought about whilst watching: does the fact that Older Miles saw Younger Miles affect anything?

As stated before my only reference to time travel that I understand is Back to The Future. I understand that he hasn't fundamentally changed any course of events by crossing his own path, but wouldn't it mess things up, the same person occupying the same time-space?

No it does not. 2007 Miles has always been on the island (since 1974). So it doesn't affect anything because nothing has changed. Really for all intensive purposes the two Miles are different people. Even though baby Miles will leave the island, grow up and then join Widmore's crew come back to the island and get zapped back to the 70's. What we don't know yet is how 2007 Miles time line will end up.

No it does not. 2007 Miles has always been on the island (since 1974). So it doesn't affect anything because nothing has changed. Really for all intensive purposes the two Miles are different people. Even though baby Miles will leave the island, grow up and then join Widmore's crew come back to the island and get zapped back to the 70's. What we don't know yet is how 2007 Miles time line will end up.

Right, so, if I've got this right. Different people who follow exactly the same path. Baby Miles will grow up get bounced through time, and end up in exactly the same position as 2007 Miles: stuck on the island in 1974 staring at his infant self. And that Baby Miles will do exactly the same thing and so and so.

I guess this means this course of events, if you can bounce through time, were to some degree pre-ordained. Things are set in motion, not to be altered. In other words..... destiny?

Right, so, if I've got this right. Different people who follow exactly the same path. Baby Miles will grow up get bounced through time, and end up in exactly the same position as 2007 Miles: stuck on the island in 1974 staring at his infant self. And that Baby Miles will do exactly the same thing and so and so.

I guess this means this course of events, if you can bounce through time, were to some degree pre-ordained. Things are set in motion, not to be altered. In other words..... destiny?

Yes kinda, baby Miles is destined to eventually return to the island because that is what 2007 Miles did. Just in a way that baby m_thomp is destined to write about lost on a message board for a band that didn't even exist when you were born.

Think of it this way you have choices and free will (currently), at 1:08 pm on 4/24/09 you could go left or go right. After you make your left turn your previous self is destined to turn left at that moment. The lack of free will only occurs if you could see a younger version of yourself.

If for some reason you did not turn left at that moment, the universe would self correct, and eventually you would turn left anyway. See Desmond's dealings with Charlie, and Mrs. Hawkings conversion with Desmond, from season 3 I think

Guest Gym Teacher Man

is anyone else struggling to stay interested in Lost these days? or are you guys all loving this season?

if not for the 4 season investment i've made, i would stop watching.

is anyone else struggling to stay interested in Lost these days? or are you guys all loving this season?

I'm enjoying it more than ever.

This by far is their best season. It is really complicated, and balances the action/drama/relationships/scifi thing very well. So far there hasn't been a bad episode, and at least one great on so far. They are starting to revile more and more, but still giving you more questions.

I find it boring.

RGC002-willis.jpg

funny-dog-pictures-dog-asks-you-what-you-are-talking-about.jpg

Guest Francis X. Hummel
Then stop watching it. Stop reading about it. Stop commenting about it.

actually, i'll comment as i please.

i just wanted to see if i was alone in feeling this way or not. i still watch every week, and some of the episodes this season have been good, but i'm just getting a little bored and impatient. seems like everyone else is totally digging it.

maybe i'll go back and rewatch the last few episodes on demand over the weekend.

This is perhaps some of the best television ever made.

This is perhaps some of the best television ever made.

As a whole, the Lost series is spectacular, but this season so far is awful (I understand it must be leading up to something), I'll stay strong though. I know at some point I'll be rewarded with some great episodes. I still find it incredibly frustrating when the original Lostees do not reveal to anyone their time traveling situation

A pretty lengthy, although not particularly exciting interview / story from Rolling Stone is below.

As for the debates about this season. I love it so much that I can't imagine ever watching the first couple of seasons ever again. It's light years ahead of that, and any other television show.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/273...steries_of_lost