I think she was taken in like 88-89 (French distress call had been playing for 16 years) and the purge would have been 92 (Horace said he'd been dead for 12 years in 2004)

Yeah, wait, what?! How is that possible! Was Ben living a double life? Wouldn't the DI notice that he all of a sudden has a baby but has probably never even been with a woman? There is some time line issues that need to be resolved there, for sure.

Questions/things that bug me the most:

Faraday? Where are you?! We know the Swan is only in the planning stages (1977) but we've seen him in the Swan when it was being built.

Rose? Bernard?! Any other surviving-survivors?! Where are they? Wouldn't they have been traveling along with Sawyer/Miles/Juliet/etc?

Why was Dharma food being dropped in 2004 to the Swan?

When they first entered the Swan, someone, can't remember who, noted that the washing machines seemed newer then all the other equipment in the building. Which seems interesting to me that the writers would go out of the way to have a character mention it. Anyone remember that?

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, wait, what?! How is that possible! Was Ben living a double life? Wouldn't the DI notice that he all of a sudden has a baby but has probably never even been with a woman? There is some time line issues that need to be resolved there, for sure.

Questions/things that bug me the most:

Faraday? Where are you?! We know the Swan is only in the planning stages (1977) but we've seen him in the Swan when it was being built.

Rose? Bernard?! Any other surviving-survivors?! Where are they? Wouldn't they have been traveling along with Sawyer/Miles/Juliet/etc?

Why was Dharma food being dropped in 2004 to the Swan?

When they first entered the Swan, someone, can't remember who, noted that the washing machines seemed newer then all the other equipment in the building. Which seems interesting to me that the writers would go out of the way to have a character mention it. Anyone remember that?

Basic Ben time line, from Lostpedia's Ben Linus Page

Born Dec 1964

Came to island 1973

Met Richard 1973

Was shot by Syaid 1977

Takes Alex - 1989

The Purge -1992

Banishes Widmore - 1992

So with that it does appear that Alex was with the others when the Dharma initiative was around. More the likely she stayed with Richard or somebody else, because it would be pretty silly for him to walk in to camp and say look I found a baby. We can infer that Ben was working in secret with the others from 1977 to 1992.

Basic Ben time line, from Lostpedia's Ben Linus Page

Born Dec 1964

Came to island 1973

Met Richard 1973

Was shot by Syaid 1977

Takes Alex - 1989

The Purge -1992

Banishes Widmore - 1992

So with that it does appear that Alex was with the others when the Dharma initiative was around. More the likely she stayed with Richard or somebody else, because it would be pretty silly for him to walk in to camp and say look I found a baby. We can infer that Ben was working in secret with the others from 1977 to 1992.

and it appears that Ethan was too, or had defected/been kidnapped. :shifty

Interesting, recap producer notes on "Lost" in general from Rolling Stone-- avoid clicking if you're not up to the latest episodes:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/273...steries_of_lost

I found this particularly comforting (my biggest fear is that the show ends with a big ass fizzle and I'll wonder why I gave so much time to trying to figure it out):

""We have always known what the very end of this series will be," Lindelof continues. "We are going to present the audience with the empirical answers to these questions

Interesting, recap producer notes on "Lost" in general from Rolling Stone-- avoid clicking if you're not up to the latest episodes:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/273...steries_of_lost

I found this particularly comforting (my biggest fear is that the show ends with a big ass fizzle and I'll wonder why I gave so much time to trying to figure it out):

""We have always known what the very end of this series will be," Lindelof continues. "We are going to present the audience with the empirical answers to these questions

Guest Gym Teacher Man
We will not be cutting to black as a Journey song plays.

I don't think he meant that as a knock, but I'm still kind of offended by that comment. Lost is a good show, but there are single episodes of The Sopranos that are better than Lost as a whole. I think he just meant that the ending won't be ambiguous (and leave loyal fans angered and screaming at their television sets), but still, he could learn a few much needed pointers on writing from watching The Sopranos. Like how to write a dialogue that sounds real, for a start.

Maybe it will be like the last episode of The Prisoner.

I can see it now Jack, Ben and Locke riding around on a flat bed truck/cage through the streets of London going ape sh*t wild it would be awesome.

But you know there are to many similarities with Lost and the Prisoner not to think something crazy like that might happen.

Just for fun

here is a Lost/The Prisoner Matrix.

Jack and or Locke = Number Six

Ben = Number Two

Jacob = Number One

The Island = The Village

Smoke Monster = The Rover

I just thought that it cannot be a coincidence that the show has two characters with the same name. Charlie, and Charles.

Actually there are three

Charlie Pace

Charles Widmore

Charlie Hume

And don't you start your theories that Charlie Hume is actually Charlie Pace cause that is just plan stupid.

Guest Gym Teacher Man
And don't you start your theories that Charlie Hume is actually Charlie Pace cause that is just plan stupid.

that was my original thought when we first found out that des named his son charlie. i told my friend that theory and he said he thought desmond's son charlie was actually charles widmore.

he's even stupider than me.

that was my original thought when we first found out that des named his son charlie. i told my friend that theory and he said he thought desmond's son charlie was actually charles widmore.

he's even stupider than me.

If that were the case then He would be Penny's son AND her father.

That's too far fetched for even this show!

I can see it now Jack, Ben and Locke riding around on a flat bed truck/cage through the streets of London going ape sh*t wild it would be awesome.

But you know there are to many similarities with Lost and the Prisoner not to think something crazy like that might happen.

Just for fun

here is a Lost/The Prisoner Matrix.

Jack and or Locke = Number Six

Ben = Number Two

Jacob = Number One

The Island = The Village

Smoke Monster = The Rover

I have thought of that before. If they do that, I hope the writers have protection.

It (Fall Out) forced McGoohan, who wrote and directed the episode, to go into hiding for a period of time because he was hounded at his own home by baffled viewers demanding explanations.

There is a re-make coming out this year.

IS EVERYBODY READY!!!!!!!!

Sawyer.jpg

A little bit of a slow builder tonight. That's to be expected after the Ben-centric episode from last week. Any theories on the guys in the van who kidnapped Miles? Were they with Ben? A third party?

Any theories on the guys in the van who kidnapped Miles? Were they with Ben? A third party?

That Bram guy is on the Hydra island now, with Ilana, though they didn't seem to be Ben's people... But now we know where that $3.2 million came from.

Nice to see Daniel again, but WTF?!? He must've been sent to Ann Arbor a while back? I wanna know what he's been doing!

How about Miles and Hurley listening to Love Will Keep Us Together? That was pretty cool, especially for us.

A little bit of a slow builder tonight. That's to be expected after the Ben-centric episode from last week. Any theories on the guys in the van who kidnapped Miles? Were they with Ben? A third party?

I'm wondering if they are Jacob's people. Are they the new DI? There are no 'Ben's people' anymore. He has been dethroned.

The $3.2 million makes sense now.

I suppose I have a hard time thinking that Pierre Chang would not know that Miles is his son. It could be that I have always looked at him as one of the men behind the curtain - so to speak. He most certainly seems to be running the show.