• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, that was a great episode. i am so tired of not knowing whether ben is good or bad.. if i have to flip flop one more time my brain might explode. :stunned

There is no "good" or "bad" in this show. It's all different perspectives. The mystery with Ben is not whether he's good or bad, it's what his motivations are. Are they to protect the Island like he claimed with Witmore? Or are his motivations purely about himself? Greed? Revenge? Power?

saw this on another board:

smokey came out of a box with 49 holes. wanna bet the 4th, 8th, 15th, 16th, 23rd, 42nd holes are significant?

I can't really tell but it looks like smokey comes out of those holes.

There is no "good" or "bad" in this show. It's all different perspectives. The mystery with Ben is not whether he's good or bad, it's what his motivations are. Are they to protect the Island like he claimed with Witmore? Or are his motivations purely about himself? Greed? Revenge? Power?

this is a good point, and perhaps more of what i meant. whatever his motivations may be, i am definitely starting to lean more towards believing that he will protect the island at all costs, even if it means sacrificing himself...but i'm sure i will retract that statement next week, as usual :hmm

i am also glad to see cesar go..seems like he was just there to distract us from ilana. curious to see what her background is..im wondering if she thinks lapidus is an other? either way, he must be regretting his decision to ditch the locke team

According to my friend (he claims Entertainment Weekly as his source) the role of Jacob has given to

Michael C. Hall, the guy who plays Dexter!!!!!

I really hope this is true!

not so much. but close.

apparently it is Mark Pellegrino from the show, Rita's ex husband.

Ben and Ethan for sure.

Well, Ben and Ethan were part of the Dharma Initiative, as well as Alex.

I'm also curious how Ben winds up back with the DI as he clearly has grown up with The Others?

not so much. but close.

Aww really, my friend, who doesnt watch

Dexter, said that Jacob will be played by "that guy from Dexter" I assumed he meant Dexter himself.

too bad, that would have been too cool

I found it curious that Widmore was aging on the island. Do we know of any "Others" or "Hostiles" that have been shown to age?

Yeah but Widmore left the Island repeatedly, that's why he was banished. Maybe that's why he aged?

According to my friend (he claims Entertainment Weekly as his source) the role of Jacob has given to

Michael C. Hall, the guy who plays Dexter!!!!!

I really hope this is true!

Right show...wrong person

Dexter alum Mark Pellegrino has been cast as Jacob

not so much. but close.

JINX

Well, Ben and Ethan were part of the Dharma Initiative, as well as Alex.

I'm also curious how Ben winds up back with the DI as he clearly has grown up with The Others?

Alex was never part of the DI. She was taken post purge, and grew up as an other.

Alex was never part of the DI. She was taken post purge, and grew up as an other.

I think she was taken in like 88-89 (French distress call had been playing for 16 years) and the purge would have been 92 (Horace said he'd been dead for 12 years in 2004)

I've been wondering something now that we're learning how Charles Widmore was on the island for so long.

A lot of the medical products and several other sundries found on the Island were produced by some division of "Widmore Industries".

The Lostpedeia article on The Widmore Corporation indicates that Widmore was in a partnership with Hanso for years, supporting their research by providing products and services (construction, health and medical products, etc). At some point, the two had an altercation and parted ways; Hanso has profited handsomely, but with questionable ethical practices, of which Widmore became aware.

My thinking is the timeline doesn't really add up here. Widmore was on the island from the 50's untill after the purge('92), but Hanso and Dharma were on the island in the 70's while Widmore was part of the Hostiles. So when did this partership take place?

But wait! Maybe that is why Charles was banished! His dealings with Hanso while leaving the island judged him to be a traitor. But at some point as stated, they parted ways and now Widmore has alienated himself from both sides!

However, if you read the book Bad Twin you see that there were others in the Widmore family that had dealings with Hanso, but I'm not sure how canonical that is to the actual storyline.

I just blew my own mind!! :stunned

I've been wondering something now that we're learning how Charles Widmore was on the island for so long.

A lot of the medical products and several other sundries found on the Island were produced by some division of "Widmore Industries".

The Lostpedeia article on The Widmore Corporation indicates that Widmore was in a partnership with Hanso for years, supporting their research by providing products and services (construction, health and medical products, etc). At some point, the two had an altercation and parted ways; Hanso has profited handsomely, but with questionable ethical practices, of which Widmore became aware.

My thinking is the timeline doesn't really add up here. Widmore was on the island from the 50's untill after the purge('92), but Hanso and Dharma were on the island in the 70's while Widmore was part of the Hostiles. So when did this partership take place?

But wait! Maybe that is why Charles was banished! His dealings with Hanso while leaving the island judged him to be a traitor. But at some point as stated, they parted ways and now Widmore has alienated himself from both sides!

However, if you read the book Bad Twin you see that there were others in the Widmore family that had dealings with Hanso, but I'm not sure how canonical that is to the actual storyline.

I just blew my own mind!! :stunned

Who is to say Charles from 1954 (when we first meet him) to 1992 (when he leaves the island) he has anything to do with the Widmore corporation? We know now Charles is head of the Widmore Corp but his father, uncle, or whatever could have been in charge of it during those 40 or so years. Maybe that is also why or how he became the leader of the others, his connection to the Widmore Corp and Hanso. It could also explain the fact that Charles ages and Richards does not (if we go on the assumption that the others do not age). Charles is not an original other. It is obvious that the others cannot lead themselves, otherwise Richard would be the leader. But he let's Charles and Ben call many of the shots (yes I know Richard said he doesn't take orders from Charles, but he is not their leader k).

We can infer this the DI came to the island while Charles was the others leader. He brokered the truce, he ordered the purge. The question reamins is why was the purge ordered after such a long truce?

Something in DEAD IS DEAD just doesn't sit right with me.

As we all remember, Sawyer and Kate took young Ben to Richard requesting he 'heal' him. Richard took Ben into the temple.

Widmore shows up and looks ready to confront Richard...and Richard indicated Jacob desired it to happen.

Sawyer's first name, of course, is James.

See where I'm butting up against?

A few pages back there is discussion over the "who plays" Jacob situation, at least according to what I've been told (and by what a few internet searches have turned up) Jacob

will be played by Mark Pellegrino, a character in the show Dexter, thus making it impossible for Sawyer to be Jacob, unless Pellegrino was cast to play a future, older version of Sawyer

Yeah...I know (as a matter of fact, I posted the

Mark Pellegrino

stuff myself) however, there is something relevant here. Sawyer killed Locke's father, who was responsible for Sawyer's father killing Sawyer's mother. Sawyer was instrumental in saving Ben.There's something deeper here, but I can't put my finter on it.

Maybe Sawyer is going to wish he was never born and Clarence the angel is going to grant his wish and suddenly the island is going to be overrun by Whidmore's corporation. And Sawyer will say "But Ben and Locke stopped Whidmore from coming back to the island!" And Clarence will say "Ben died when he was a child and Locke was murdered by his father, because you weren't there to save them!"

And then Sawyer will realize that he really did have a wonderful life after all.