remember how they were saying frank lipedus was a candidate? and how hes wearing white? i think hes gonna be jacobs host body guy.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben has been my favorite character for many seasons now, and I think since by killing Jacob he's unleased a shitstorm on the island, he's going to make amends somehow by dying heroicly towards the end of the last season.

But secretly I hope he implanted everyone on the island with little things that explode their hearts and he just kills everyone and walks off.

But secretly I hope he implanted everyone on the island with little things that explode their hearts and he just kills everyone and walks off.

I would be so incredibly happy with that ending.

And if the bomb didn't go off, and they only flashed forward, I think it is pretty clear that Miles was right and the future can't be changed. We've seen this with Sayid trying to kill Ben, and the Losties actions creating the future they were trying to change...same thing with the bomb and the incident. I'm starting to believe more and more that the past can't be changed, even though it is the Losties' present. They were always in Dharma in the 1970s, and just because to them, it is their present, it is still the past, and their present actions can't change that.

I would be so incredibly happy with that ending.

And if the bomb didn't go off, and they only flashed forward, I think it is pretty clear that Miles was right and the future can't be changed. We've seen this with Sayid trying to kill Ben, and the Losties actions creating the future they were trying to change...same thing with the bomb and the incident. I'm starting to believe more and more that the past can't be changed, even though it is the Losties' present. They were always in Dharma in the 1970s, and just because to them, it is their present, it is still the past, and their present actions can't change that.

First post on a Wilco fan board, and it is in a LOST thread. Irony lives.

Anyway...

I didn't make the connection that there was a flash forward. I assumed Juliette detonated the bomb. If it was a flash, where did they flash to? Will Juliette be injured at the bottom of a well? At the bottom of the Swan Station?

I remember Richard saying he witnessed the O5+ 3 die. He wasn't at the Swan drilling site, so presumably they flashed.

It will be a long wait until January 2010.

I'm starting to believe more and more that the past can't be changed, even though it is the Losties' present. They were always in Dharma in the 1970s, and just because to them, it is their present, it is still the past, and their present actions can't change that.

Then you believe it will be destiny that wins over free will, which is essentially what the war, the final season and ultimately the whole running theme of Lost is all about!

:shifty

First post on a Wilco fan board, and it is in a LOST thread. Irony lives.

Anyway...

I didn't make the connection that there was a flash forward. I assumed Juliette detonated the bomb. If it was a flash, where did they flash to? Will Juliette be injured at the bottom of a well? At the bottom of the Swan Station?

I remember Richard saying he witnessed the O5+ 3 die. He wasn't at the Swan drilling site, so presumably they flashed.

It will be a long wait until January 2010.

I don't think it was a flash. The flashes were always preceded by something, some weirdness and sounds that caused everyone to grab their heads. This was just a flash and that was it...

Then you believe it will be destiny that wins over free will, which is essentially what the war, the final season and ultimately the whole running theme of Lost is all about!

:shifty

I don't think it was a flash. The flashes were always preceded by something, some weirdness and sounds that caused everyone to grab their heads. This was just a flash and that was it...

But we all know by now that the writers love to mislead the viewers and mess with our heads........there's no guarantee that the bomb really went off.

I had stopped watching LOST pretty much at the beginning of this season, just because the script was so totally ridiculous what with the island moving forwards, backwards, sidewards and whateverwards in time that I just couldn't be bothered anymore.

Last night though I agreed to watch that summary kind of thing before the last 2 episodes. It only confirmed my theory that the script writers have completely lost track on what they are actually writing, and desperately try to make people believe that it is all part of a bigger plan. Yeah sure. :stunned

Completely agree about Juliette being by far the most beautiful woman in LOST, and she belonged to Sawyer because the hottest guy also deserves the hottest woman. :D

Oh yeah, I'm sure that next season the island is gonna move circlewards in time. :rolleyes

I gotta say something here and, Pillowy Star please don't take this personally because it's not directed at you per say, but I hear this so much and it bugs me!

There are a lot of shows out there that I don't like and feel like I would generally be loosing brain cells if I watched it, but I don't chime in to appreciation threads and say how bad it is! I just don't watch it!

I understand if you have some investment into the show and it takes a turn that you don't like but, really? Just stop watching!

P.S. please don't hate on me! I'm not coming at you, it's everyone, everywhere that feels the need to state how stupid the writers are and how far-fetched it all is...

Sorry, rant over. :cheers

I gotta say something here and, Pillowy Star please don't take this personally because it's not directed at you per say, but I hear this so much and it bugs me!

There are a lot of shows out there that I don't like and feel like I would generally be loosing brain cells if I watched it, but I don't chime in to appreciation threads and say how bad it is! I just don't watch it!

I understand if you have some investment into the show and it takes a turn that you don't like but, really? Just stop watching!

P.S. please don't hate on me! I'm not coming at you, it's everyone, everywhere that feels the need to state how stupid the writers are and how far-fetched it all is...

Sorry, rant over. :cheers

The other thing is that people tend to think the writers use time travel as a crutch that they never originally intended to. I don't believe this.

And yes, it's far fetched. That's because real life isn't really as interesting as Lost is. Imagine if Lost was based in any kind of reality.. It would have been cancelled before the pilot ever aired.

Oh I'm not offended at all, don't worry :) Everyone - you, me.... - is entitled to their opinion, and both count equally. :cheers

I didn't realize though this was an appreciation only thread, I thought this was more of a discussion thread where people could voice their opinions be it good or bad.

The other thing is that people tend to think the writers use time travel as a crutch that they never originally intended to. I don't believe this.

My friend came across some old Felicity reruns the other day (which was also a J.J. Abrams show) and said that she was curious as to how that show ended. She looked it up and apparently the last 6 episodes had to do with time travel. On Felicity. Come on!!

J.J. Abrams has always been obsessed with time travel. And then he got his own show that wasn't some drama about a chick. Of course he's going to play with time travel! The whole damn series was always meant to involve it. It's no crutch, it's creator's choice/interest

Oh I'm not offended at all, don't worry :) Everyone - you, me.... - is entitled to their opinion, and both count equally. :cheers

I didn't realize though this was an appreciation only thread, I thought this was more of a discussion thread where people could voice their opinions be it good or bad.

Let me re-emphasize that I'm not talking about you personally, and yes I appreciate comments about the show good and bad.

To me it's people who bag on the show on a whole and feel the need to tell everyone about it, I see so much of that and it get's old.

Your post just started me on a bit of a rant, and made me think of all the other comments like this, not just hear at VC.

Cheers! :cheers

My friend came across some old Felicity reruns the other day (which was also a J.J. Abrams show) and said that she was curious as to how that show ended. She looked it up and apparently the last 6 episodes had to do with time travel. On Felicity. Come on!!

J.J. Abrams has always been obsessed with time travel. And then he got his own show that wasn't some drama about a chick. Of course he's going to play with time travel! The whole damn series was always meant to involve it. It's no crutch, it's creator's choice/interest

Seen Star Trek yet? :shifty

See I disagree with that. Just because they can't change the past doesn't necessarily mean they don't have free will. If they went back to present time, then they very well may have the will to do what ever they'd like.

I loved the final episodes, the time travel thing and hopping back and forth had become a little tiresome to me also but this finale completely held me from start to finish.

One thing, I was kind of under the impression that the writer's were just making it up as they went along and seeing where each season took them but I re-watched the pilot episode today and there was Jack talking about accidentally cutting the dural sac of his first solo surgery, which we saw in flashback at the end of season 5. So maybe they had it all figured out before they even started.

I loved the final episodes, the time travel thing and hopping back and forth had become a little tiresome to me also but this finale completely held me from start to finish.

One thing, I was kind of under the impression that the writer's were just making it up as they went along and seeing where each season took them but I re-watched the pilot episode today and there was Jack talking about accidentally cutting the dural sac of his first solo surgery, which we saw in flashback at the end of season 5. So maybe they had it all figured out before they even started.

For me, the statue is what makes me realize that they have had it all figured out (although, admittedly, I was never really in doubt). I think it first appeared at the end of season 2 when Sayid sees it and asks why it only has 4 toes. And then no mention of it again until this season, I think.

And if they haven't had it figured out, then they have been pretty brilliant in tying everything together, so far.

Oh man, she was a severe pain in the cock. How did they ever keep her alive so long?

The two corpses in the cave early in Season One? Rose and Bernard maybe? With all the time travel malarkey going on you never know. It could be John and Yoko for all we know!

See I disagree with that. Just because they can't change the past doesn't necessarily mean they don't have free will. If they went back to present time, then they very well may have the will to do what ever they'd like.

Yeah I'm more along these lines. I think the past is the past, and you can't change what has already happened. Just because it is the Losties future, doesn't mean it isn't occurring in the past, which has already happened and can't be changed. I think they very much have free will but just not the ability to change the past.

Oh man, she was a severe pain in the cock. How did they ever keep her alive so long?

The two corpses in the cave early in Season One? Rose and Bernard maybe? With all the time travel malarkey going on you never know. It could be John and Yoko for all we know!

There has been some discussion that they are the people in the cave. Speaking of annoying, I recall that there was also some talk that the people in the cave were

Paulo and Nikki.

I sure hope it aint Paulo and Nikki. That would be disappointing, not even because the people in the cave have to play a significant role in the show, but just because they sucked so bad.