What we hope the New Album will sound like?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally, id be happy with anything jeff tweedy did. the guys an artist.

My feelings exactly.. Although I once thought that about Rivers Cuomo and Weezer... But now it makes me sick to my stomach to even listen to their new stuff.. But I guess, as someone once said on this board, Weezer has become a novelty of themselves.

Sorry to sort of go off topic, but I'm making a point.. I hope that never happens to Wilco, but I think they've been around long enough; it that were to happen, I think it would have happened by now.

well, weezer and wilco are in a different ballpark. weezer was all about pop from the start.. wilco had that pop sensibility, but they never got too mersh. maybe on a song or two here and there. weezer was meant to sell out in my opinion. how could they ever have topped the blue album?

With Pinkerton

Agreed... But they didn't just sell out they just started writing bad music.. Music with horrible lyrics and no real soul.. It all started when Matt Sharp left the band..

But we can continue this in a Weezer thread. I'd hate to be a thread hi-jacker.

can someone repost the new wilco tracks from the earlier post ("you and i" and the other two after it)? the yousendit has expired.

thanks!

can someone repost the new wilco tracks from the earlier post ("you and i" and the other two after it)? the yousendit has expired.

thanks!

This is my blog post where I put them up. The links should work. Feel free to peruse my other ramblings.

http://mindgorilla.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html

This is my blog post where I put them up. The links should work. Feel free to peruse my other ramblings.

http://mindgorilla.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html

I think your blog is great! :worship

Still, I keep getting a "link expired" message. HELP!!!

FYI, the links to MP3s of the new songs from bridge school that were up at Muzzle of Bees at one point were removed by request of the label. I'm not sure what's different about this compared to the usual trading of songs, but let's not post any links that people might have here. Further discussions could be carried out via PM.

Thanks!

Is that what we are talking about? The new songs played at those shows? I am surprised the Bridge School shows are even taped to begin with - as some of those shows have been a part of an official release in the past. Maybe you dudes can get the scoop - and let us know.

This is Dime a Dozen's policy:

Bridge School Benefit, if released:

Lots of songs have been released on iTunes. Tracklisting can be found here: BSB Tracklisting. (I'm not posting the tracklist - it's too long)

Can't really say I got an explanation. It was from the label, not Wilco. I didn't really ask many questions, just complied because I'm happy to follow whatever their wishes were. I have to admit I was pretty surprised considering their previous stance on live trading. It's quite possible the band doesn't even know that I was asked to take them down.

Not to sound rude - but they are a day late and a dollar short. Those shows have been out for a while now, and have been snagged by several hundred people. Maybe they intend to release them as part of the Bridge School iTunes collection. That is the only thing I can think of. I don't speak for The Owl, but I am certain he will take them down if that is what we are asked to do. I suppose someone would have to let the administrators of the certain BT sites know.

I'd honestly like a new element that hasn't been in previous wilco records; every album they add a new element it seems. The Melotrons in Summerteeth, the noise in YHF, guitar jams in AGIB. I dunno?

I was a little dissapointed when Jeff inferred after AGIB that the band was expirementing with polyrhythms a bit (citing Fela Kuti as a new influence) and that never materialized into a record.

My biggest hope is that the album doesn't sound like any Wilco record before it, nor any Wilco record after it.

I knew I wasn't the only one! I'm hot, sticky sweet...from my head to my feet yeah. na na nanala na na nanala...listen! (I'm sorry)

You forgot "I'm hot, stickty sweet.. from my head (backup vocal shout: HEAD!) to my feet yeah"

Fact: 80's hair rock is making a comeback!