What we hope the New Album will sound like?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't care if it takes years and years as long as it blows my mind.

Jeff, if you're reading this - no rush, man. Take your sweet time.

I am in the mood for rock, so I hope it rocks and is more uptempo than SBS.

Some devastating love songs, some killer rock anthems, some off the beaten path experimental tunes, no drone, no banjo, big hooks, maybe some whistling in one song, at least one song that destroys me in the way that "Theologians" does, more Television inspired guitar interplay, lyrics with more depth than most of SBS, an album that will totally piss off Pitchfork.

Being There

Yeah..and I'd love to hear more of the "demo quality" stuff the band released on BT...like the way The Lonely 1 was done. It never grows old on me. Makes BT the only album that has a really loose, unproduced feel. (overall)

I think i've learned when looking to past albums to get a feel for the next one, you get left in the dust.

(Think in I am trying to break your heart when a fan asks if the new album will be more like AM or Summerteeth, and he seemed at a loss for words, that it was neither)

All their albums previously I have loved equally and the next is sure to be another cherished record in my collection.

I feel that the only thing I can expect is to be surprised, and to love every minute.

I have this theory about the first decade of the twebtyfirst century being a time of denial.

00and 01 were 1900 and 1910 an age with no name

02 and 03 were the twenties and thirties those were lost years for music alot of good stuff but nothing new

04 and 05 were the forties and fifties allot of follk records and allot of burried 50s pop rock influence "illinoise"

06 was the sixties psycadelic folk girl groups and all that stuff it was a good year for music

07 was the seventies "sky blue sky" "under the black light"

08 has been the eighties think of all the indie bands with dance groves and all the lame mainstream music this year

thus 09 will be the 90s we are already seeing this with deerhunters new record and vivian girls, so Wilcos new album will totally be like this rad alternative thing that makes us all feel cool again case in point wilco the song.

this is not a good theory yet Im working on it,

I really can't wait for the 20's in the year 2029 we will look back and say shit the 20s were awesome years for music

I have this theory about the first decade of the twebtyfirst century being a time of denial.

00and 01 were 1900 and 1910 an age with no name

02 and 03 were the twenties and thirties those were lost years for music alot of good stuff but nothing new

04 and 05 were the forties and fifties allot of follk records and allot of burried 50s pop rock influence "illinoise"

06 was the sixties psycadelic folk girl groups and all that stuff it was a good year for music

07 was the seventies "sky blue sky" "under the black light"

08 has been the eighties think of all the indie bands with dance groves and all the lame mainstream music this year

thus 09 will be the 90s we are already seeing this with deerhunters new record and vivian girls, so Wilcos new album will totally be like this rad alternative thing that makes us all feel cool again case in point wilco the song.

this is not a good theory yet Im working on it,

I really can't wait for the 20's in the year 2029 we will look back and say shit the 20s were awesome years for music

Are you available for private parties and/or corporate events?