Art Inspired by Wilco

Hiya,

I am working on a series of paintings that are completely inspired by Wilco. Just wondering if anyone else has any Wilco inspired art they'd like to share. I'll be sure to post some pics when I'm done. My goal is to complete a painting for each album.

Here is a sketch I did a few years back. The idea came from a bunch of different songs I was listening to at the time. I took certain lines from each song and started drawing. The Wilco stuff is similar.

CorrinesXmasSketch.jpg

TBR&R

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I have three pieces I created that were wilco/jeff inspired. i'll post images when i get home tonight. they can be found on my website: www.isadorah.com if you want to trudge through everything to find them. "You Are My Light (What Light)" "On a Darkened Stage" and "disposable Dixie Cup drinker stumbling onto someone else's stage" (which is fairly obvious by its title, not by looking at it though. again, i'll post pics tonight when i have access to them.

i was in an art show once, at the opening reception someone was intrigued by my disposable dixie cup drinker piece and started asking all sorts of questions about it and then asked about the title and where on earth it had come from. i didn't want to tell her it was part of a line from a wilco song. i was able to vaguely describe what had inspire the piece without mentioning wilco (a convergence of one artist being in the presence of surrounds that looked like a scene out of another artists work, so i chose the ambience of the situation of the two forms meeting together...blah blah blah...i hate talking about where my work comes from, it simply happens).

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I have three pieces I created that were wilco/jeff inspired. i'll post images when i get home tonight. they can be found on my website: www.isadorah.com if you want to trudge through everything to find them. "You Are My Light (What Light)" "On a Darkened Stage" and "disposable Dixie Cup drinker stumbling onto someone else's stage" (which is fairly obvious by its title, not by looking at it though. again, i'll post pics tonight when i have access to them.

I love your work. And I've always wanted to thank someone responsible for making museum presentations stylish and modern becuase I fucking love museums. So, thanks.

Great stuff guys. We should all get together and do a traveling Wilco inspired art show :D

Here's a collage from a few years ago, titled "Hey Chicken" - more info (along w/ a link to the video) on my blog:

2366989647_ac7ea20685.jpg

I love how it was constructed on end pages of old books, brilliant.

Isadorah - love Rainfall on Monmartre...beautiful.

• 4 months later...
jMpxKEyZQmk85s68pDWqcBU0o1_500.jpg

A few Christmases ago my sister made me this cool painting out of an old table top (the table used to sit in the living room)...

*note: the tin foil sculpture was made by St. G :)

very fun. seeing this reminded me that there was a thread ages ago about this subject and that i forgot to post the images of 2 pieces i have done in said thread as promised:

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?sho...ble+dixie\

better late than never, right? the long horizontal black one is "on a darkened stage" while the square black one is "disposable Dixie Cup drinker..." and yellow/white, "You Are My Light..." enjoy.

Isadorah - I really like these, especially "on a darkened stage" which has a Caspar David Friedrich Monk by the Sea vibe (well, to me at least). how big are these? what media?

Isadorah - I really like these, especially "on a darkened stage" which has a Caspar David Friedrich Monk by the Sea vibe (well, to me at least). how big are these? what media?

you are my light is 24" x 24", on a darkened stage 21" x 12", and dixie cup is 13" x 12". i use raw pigments, crushed pastels, chalk, charcoal, anything i can get into a powdered form hand rubbed into wood, then sealed with wipe on polyurethane. my process is a labor of love and quite tricky depending on the wood, the pigment, etc.

What a great topic! I recently had some wilco related art done ON myself. I'm talking about tattoos obviously, and clearly I didn't do the art on myself because that would be impossible. I thought this might be a good place to share some photos of them. They are a tribute to my parents. And Wilco of course. Hope you all like them!

n82600178_30756381_2857545.jpg

n82600178_30756382_6615131.jpg

What a great topic! I recently had some wilco related art done ON myself. I'm talking about tattoos obviously, and clearly I didn't do the art on myself because that would be impossible. I thought this might be a good place to share some photos of them. They are a tribute to my parents. And Wilco of course. Hope you all like them!

n82600178_30756381_2857545.jpg

n82600178_30756382_6615131.jpg

Those might be the best and most tasteful band-related tattoos I've ever seen.

Seriously...good job.

Thanks so much, glad to hear that you appreciate them. I am amazed at how beautiful they came out.

Yea, I'm considering potential band-related tattoo for my favorite band (Super Furry Animals), and I want to avoid the cliche band-tattoo things, like just lyrics, and stuff like that.

But yours are very nice. I like the way you included text and a visual, as well as having two tattoos that go together. Many of my ideas for my own tattoo have been kinda like that.

• 1 year later...