• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

music_phases5.jpg

51ANS85BCJL._SS500_.jpg

Back again.

The footage of the boys and their peoples traipsing around on a yacht while shopping for a Greek island in '67 is just awesome.

I think it might be time for my annual viewing of that set. Have you seen the director's cut versions floating around out there? I've seen that it's been up on You Tube before, but I have never actually invested the time to check them out.

--Mike

I think it might be time for my annual viewing of that set. Have you seen the director's cut versions floating around out there? I've seen that it's been up on You Tube before, but I have never actually invested the time to check them out.

--Mike

I haven't checked that stuff out mainly because I think about the Beatles too much as is.

u85222z83ai.jpg

Great! The church scene was filmed

That's very cool! I really liked this movie. Next semester I'm teaching a new course called "Film as Social Criticism," and I'm planning to show it as an example of what A.O. Scott called the "Neo-Neo Realism."

rumba_xl_01--film-A.jpg

Rumba / Dominique Abel, Fiona Gordon, Bruno Romy / Belgium / 2008

In this stylized comedy, Dom and Fiona are married schoolteachers who love to competitive dance on the weekends. But when a a freak car wreck leaves Fiona legless and Dom memory-impaired, hilarity ensues. It's imperfect, but who wants to complain? After all, this is the closest anybody has come to Jacques Tati or Buster Keaton in years. The trailer (and some clips) will give you some idea: Rumba

rumba_xl_01--film-A.jpg

Rumba / Dominique Abel, Fiona Gordon, Bruno Romy / Belgium / 2008

In this stylized comedy, Dom and Fiona are married schoolteachers who love to competitive dance on the weekends. But when a a freak car wreck leaves Fiona legless and Dom memory-impaired, hilarity ensues. It's imperfect, but who wants to complain? After all, this is the closest anybody has come to Jacques Tati or Buster Keaton in years. The trailer (and some clips) will give you some idea: Rumba

This looks incredible! Loved the classroom scene with the kids learning English. :lol And the dancing shadows are brilliant!

The Hangover - I dug it. The script held back from trying to make every other line quotable (though I did like one of those - 'Did you just eat sofa pizza?'). So many recent adult comedies seem to be weaved from one-liners like 'Tell that rabbit to stop crying or -" I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm actually hungover. I know liked this and Zack Galifianakis is a genius.

Watched Rudo y Cursi last night...

I liked it - not bad, not great. Funny thing about the subtitles - (the Film was originally in Mexican Spanish) they were obviously done by a Brit (wanker, tosser, bollocks, buggered, bloody, prat) but the spelling was American English (color, not colour). The translation word choices took me out of the film - strange choice to apply Britisms to two Mexican hicks.

Guest Runaway Jim

Sunshine Cleaning & Observe and Report.

Sunshine Cleaning was nice. A bit sadder than I was expecting but nice. A few funny moments. I fucking love Amy Adams. She's cute as a button.

Observe and Report was just terrible. Maybe one funny line and one sort of funny violent scene. Other than that, it was painful to watch. Seth Rogen at his absolute worst.