Guest Runaway Jim

Tried to watch the second Transformers movie last night. Made it about half way before retreating to bed. I'll probably finish it tonight just because I like to finish movies, but holy shit is it bad. Then again, I never finished the first one. Why finish the second?

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Speed Racer

Then again, I never finished the first one. Why finish the second?

Don't mess with tradition - that's what I always say. Still waiting for your report on Rachel Getting Married.

There are few movies I haven't finished in my time, but I could see Transformers joining that elite club.

Guest Runaway Jim

Don't mess with tradition - that's what I always say. Still waiting for your report on Rachel Getting Married.

There are few movies I haven't finished in my time, but I could see Transformers joining that elite club.

Don't even bother adding them to that club. Keep them in the "I will never see that" club. Any movie containing a giant, talking robot that uses the term "punk-ass" is not worth the time.

I might rent RGM tonight. I'll be sure to let you know what I think.

mulhollanddrive.jpg

I just watched this early Monday morning at 130 and I couldn't take it off. My 1st time in about 4 years. I only wanted to put it on for a little bit. I'm doing my Top Ten Films of the Decade and this is definitely going on there.

(check out topic in Tongue-Tied Lightning).

For a good laugh, there's a resident asshole know-it-all who posts on IMDB that he knows everything about this film. I think his user name is Scott-Purcell.

Edit: Oops. That isn't the last movie that I saw. I went back a page on here and read about Rachel Getting Married which I quite liked. I'll go into it more if I'm brought before a judge and jury. :ninja

The last movie I saw was Margot At The Wedding. See how that reminded me? :blink

I've been fascinated by Noah Baumbach. I remember renting 1995's Kicking & Screaming (not the one with Will Ferrell), but I can't quite remember anything about it. Then he did Mr. Jealousy & Highball (both of which I haven't seen). Then 8 years later he came back with The Squid & The Whale which I think is his best film. It's a sad biting look at divorce and the divide it brings into a family. Margot At The Wedding was pretty damn good. It was great to see Nicole Kidman in a role like Margot who basically shows up to her sister's wedding (played by Jennifer Jason Leigh) and fills her with guilt about her fiancee played by a very well cast & toned down Jack Black. Oh, and back to Noah he spent some time in between there writing The Life Aquatic with friend Wes Anderson. And they also wrote The Fantastic Mr. Fox. I guess I find him fascinating because he hasn't done too much that's "popular" like his colleague Wes Anderson and some in the press regard him as one of the best American filmmakers. I think to me someone like Richard Linklater is a much better storyteller and filmmaker. I've seen all of his films.

• 2 weeks later...

curb.jpg

I've been working my way through all the seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm over the past few weeks. I'd seen seasons 1-3 already, but it had been years so I started from the beginning. I'd almost forgotten how funny and clever this show is. The way they connect the various storylines in each episode is a thing of beauty, or as Larry would say it's: "Pret-tay, pret-tay, pret-tay good!"

An Ox's Tale: The John Entwistle Story (2006)

I don't think I ever saw the whole film until now. I did not think it was all that great. I feel as though the first half was spent saying the same thing over and over - that is, what a great and innovative player he was. I agree - but I don't need to watch various people saying it over and over again.

It was interesting that Roger was not in the film. I am guessing he refused to be interviewed.

Classic Albums: Pink Floyd - The Making of The Dark Side of the Moon (2003)

I've never been that much of a Pink Floyd fan, but Dark Side of the Moon is a great album. I like watching what went into making the album.

Classic Albums: Pink Floyd - The Making of The Dark Side of the Moon (2003)

I've never been that much of a Pink Floyd fan, but Dark Side of the Moon is a great album. I like watching what went into making the album.

I love that DVD. I have even greater respect for that album now. It's amazing what they had to do to get sounds that you could now make in 5 seconds with pro tools. Using a mic stand to wind tape around, 4 people mixing a track on the fly among other things. It's cool to hear various tracks by themselves also.

I love that DVD. I have even greater respect for that album now. It's amazing what they had to do to get sounds that you could now make in 5 seconds with pro tools. Using a mic stand to wind tape around, 4 people mixing a track on the fly among other things. It's cool to hear various tracks by themselves also.

There is a whole bunch of those (as you probably know), but I have never really ever saw any of them, except for bit and pieces of various episodes. I was watching The Machine Head episode once, but Youtube disabled the audio track, so it was not exactly worth watching.

There is a whole bunch of those (as you probably know), but I have never really ever saw any of them, except for bit and pieces of various episodes. I was watching The Machine Head episode once, but Youtube disabled the audio track, so it was not exactly worth watching.

laugh.gif

I actually did not realize how many of them there were until recently. The only other one I have watched was Steely Dan - Aja which I also really enjoyed. I was hoping you could just stream them on Netflix but it looks like that is not the case so I suppose I will work my way through them at some point.

curb.jpg

I've been working my way through all the seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm over the past few weeks. I'd seen seasons 1-3 already, but it had been years so I started from the beginning. I'd almost forgotten how funny and clever this show is. The way they connect the various storylines in each episode is a thing of beauty, or as Larry would say it's: "Pret-tay, pret-tay, pret-tay good!"

I have been doing the exact same thing. I never really got this show and even now I only find it funny sporadically. He just annoys the shit out of me, the whiny bastard. I suppose the exaggeration of his character is the point but still...

I have also been doing something similar with Arrested Development and that was a really great find...very funny and smart as a whip.

laugh.gif

I actually did not realize how many of them there were until recently. The only other one I have watched was Steely Dan - Aja which I also really enjoyed. I was hoping you could just stream them on Netflix but it looks like that is not the case so I suppose I will work my way through them at some point.

That is where I just watched the Pink Floyd episode. It looks like that is the only one they have streaming, as far as I can tell.