• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Runaway Jim

Yeah, lots of mumbling in that flick.

Not just that though. It seemed like the audio was wavering in and out. But it appeared to be intentional, which baffled me.

I really do owe Public Enermies another shot though. The theater I was in was uncomfortably small. My 5'1" girlfriend's legs were hitting the seat in front of her. At 6'1", I was miserable (surprisingly, my 6'7" had no complaints). I was uncomfortable after 3 minutes, and just pissed throughout the movie.

Not just that though. It seemed like the audio was wavering in and out. But it appeared to be intentional, which baffled me.

I really do owe Public Enermies another shot though. The theater I was in was uncomfortably small. My 5'1" girlfriend's legs were hitting the seat in front of her. At 6'1", I was miserable (surprisingly, my 6'7" had no complaints). I was uncomfortable after 3 minutes, and just pissed throughout the movie.

Nah, it was C+ work at best, go rent "The Proposition" instead.

I've been on a Warner Archives kick lately:

City_Beneath_Sea.jpeg GenesisII+PlanetEarth_WarnerArchives.jpg

Did you buy those?

I am curious about the quality - as they have TV movies from the 70s that I want to buy.

I tried buying some titles (you can download or order physical copies from the Warner site) but unfortunately they don't sell to Canadian residences, so I ended up downloading untouched DVD versions instead.

The quality on the ones I've watched have been pretty good, not amazing, but definitely acceptable considering the source material. The DVDs themselves are very barebones, you get a generic menu, with a play option and (on some of the releases) you get the trailer as an extra.

The Warner Archives site has a pretty big selection of never before released on DVD/VHS TV movies/pilots and of course theatrically released films from the 30s-90s. I've been mainly checking out the 70s Sci-Fi and 60s-70s dramas so far. Lots of interesting stuff to pick from.

I tried buying some titles (you can download or order physical copies from the Warner site) but unfortunately they don't sell to Canadian residences, so I ended up downloading untouched DVD versions instead.

The quality on the ones I've watched have been pretty good, not amazing, but definitely acceptable considering the source material. The DVDs themselves are very barebones, you get a generic menu, with a play option and (on some of the releases) you get the trailer as an extra.

The Warner Archives site has a pretty big selection of never before released on DVD/VHS TV movies/pilots and of course theatrically released films from the 30s-90s. I've been mainly checking out the 70s Sci-Fi and 60s-70s dramas so far. Lots of interesting stuff to pick from.

I have watched several Sci-Fi movies on Youtube over the past year - including the ones you mentioned.

I am looking for these Andy Griffith TV movies - they have a couple of them:

Winter Kill (1974)

Adams of Eagle Lake (1975)

Deadly Game (1977)

The Girl in the Empty Grave (1977)

was the other version of Genesis II/Planet Earth.

I was an extra in The Invention Of Lying. I was in the scene where Ricky comes out of the bank the 1st time. You can barely see me and the guy next to me walking down the street, but I'm sure you could if you slowed it down. In fact, that guy and myself chatted with Ricky in between a shot. He was very nice.I told him, "Good luck with the film". His quick dry reply, "Eh..it'll probably go straight to dvd anyways!" LOL. But yeah this was filmed in my hometown of Lowell, MA. Pretty cool to have that film there and then a year later The Fighter filmed there too and of course Wilco played the ballpark.

I thought the movie was pretty good. Some scenes felt rushed and had that dreaded "dead air" feel to them. Coincidentally, Ricky gloated about how he shot very quick. No day went past 6p.m. I hate to say it but I think it shows. It's too bad because the script read so well. I'll watch this a 2nd time on dvd to see if I feel the same way.

kingdom-of-the-spiders-special-edition-20091023110747914-000.jpg
Guest Runaway Jim

Saw 5 - Don't know why I even bother with these movies. I don't like them.

Sherlock Holmes - Very good. Very entertaining. Robert Downey Jr is awesome, again.

the-hot-rock-19721.jpg

Silly but fun caper film.

hausu000.jpg

Trippy film.