MLB 2008-09 Hot Stove II

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boos in citi field are going to be so loud when the mets collapse every year there. That place is designed for max loudness.

They may collapse every year there, but at least their run differential and OPS+ won't be that bad!! That's all that matters anyway!!

Enough!

He hit .220 last year, 37/13/43. Yet ESPN reports Tek's negotiations with the Bosox as if he were Bench or Piazza in their prime.

The mighty have fallen. (And he wasn't that mighty to begin with).

Move the f@#k on!

His last great season was 05.

Yeah, probably the end of his prime. He still served plenty of value defensively the past couple of seasons but he's a back-up part time guy now and he and Boras don't think that's the case, apparently.

He was really dumb to have turned down arbitration.

I agree. I wonder how much of an influence Boras had in that. Apparently they thought there'd be more of a market for him and couldn't read the writing on the wall soon enough.

There are those (myself included) who think that a salary cap/floor would hurt small market teams more than anything. It might increase competitive balance (Arguable), but it would hurt small market teams much more financially.

anyone have some positive thoughts on my Reds ?

I have a very positive thought on the Reds: No matter how they play they've got the best named park in baseball.

I agree. I wonder how much of an influence Boras had in that. Apparently they thought there'd be more of a market for him and couldn't read the writing on the wall soon enough.

I saw a story where Tek said he didn't know about the draft pick thingy when he turned down arbitration. If that's true, Boras should have definitely made that clear to him.