MLB 2008-09 Hot Stove II

Hi!

Chipper is really pissed at the Braves that they didn't do more to keep him. I agree. They should have done whatever it took to keep him. He'sstill a gamble, but what else do you have to do to earn that kind of respect.

This is a great winter to be a Braves fan. :stunned

Aren't they supposed to be getting Andruw back?

:rotfl

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't they supposed to be getting Andruw back?

:rotfl

I know I know. I actually wouldn't be opposed to them letting him audition in the spring like they did for Javy Lopez. I wouldn't give him a major league deal, though.

At this point they should just give Lowe whatever the fuck he wants and extend Chipper's contract to help team morale.

Mets sign Tim Redding! Here comes the dynasty!

So you're lamenting the fact that one borderline candidate could get in when another borderline candidate could not?

If Blyleven is a borderline candidate, Rice shouldn't even be in the discussion. The fact that Blyleven isn't in is a travesty.

Basically, if Blyleven had played with better players in his time, he would be in the hall of fame. He's out by no fault of his own.

Rice isn't in because he simply wasn't good enough for long enough. Nobody's fault but his own.

Basically, if Blyleven had played with better players in his time, he would be in the hall of fame. He's out by no fault of his own.

Awful argument!

If I ever tried out to pitch for the majors, made it, had awesome teammates and they all played great and I got ten million wins, I would be in the HOF too. As valid as your argument.

SOOOOO looking forward to Rickey Henderson's HOF induction speech this July... we're going to run a pool at our usual viewing spot to guess how many times he refers to himself in the third person during his speech... It's Rickey time!

Can't remember where I saw it, but there's already one writer who left him off his ballot, so he won't be going in unanimously, although he certainly deserves to.

I take "borderline" to be "his resume makes me question whether he deserves to be in", not "whether other people do". In my eyes, Blyleven isn't borderline (neither is Rickey or Raines or McGwire), but Rice, Dawson, and Smith are because they simply don't have the resume to get my vote for sure.

It's Rickey (94.8%) and Rice (76.8%). Yay and yuck.