MLB 2008-09 Hot Stove II

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that was his career year. I think it was a smart move to deal him now, presuming one of the prospects has major league impact down the road.

He's a good utility guy but really not a big enough deal for all the ire it seems to be causing from Cubs fans.

it hurts the market value of the "i got to second base with mark derosa" t shirt i bought my wife last year.

plus, he played anywhere, played really hard and played well.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbullet...ead.php?t=77669

Good Aaron Miles story. What's left out in the summary is that one of the hostage takers claimed it was a drug deal gone bad. That is to say, the players weren't willing to pay for the product and started a fight.

However, Miles is tiny, doesn't have much of an arm, and no power. He's a pretty significant downgrade from DeRosa.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbullet...ead.php?t=77669

Good Aaron Miles story. What's left out in the summary is that one of the hostage takers claimed it was a drug deal gone bad. That is to say, the players weren't willing to pay for the product and started a fight.

However, Miles is tiny, doesn't have much of an arm, and no power. He's a pretty significant downgrade from DeRosa.

Yeah. Aaron Miles freaking sucks.

I still wear my Trot Nixon shirt with honor and pride. You should do the same.

I will wear my DeRosa shirt with honor and pride. I'm getting good at doing that since he's now the third player whose shirt I've purchased, only to have him traded away months later. It's the "second base" shirt Erin gave me that won't be as cool.

I'm getting good at doing that since he's now the third player whose shirt I've purchased, only to have him traded away months later.

Can you buy a Neal Cotts shirt? I'd like to see him go too.

Milton Bradley to Cubs: 3 yrs at $30 MM,

ed. Oops.

You guys are gonna have fuuuun next year.

Cause he's craaaaazy.

The only foul ball that I have ever caught in my years of seeing major league baseball games was off the bat of Milton Bradley, so he'll always have a place in my baseball-loving heart.

Nice. I've come close twice at Fenway and three times at Coors Field but- nothin'! It's a hard feat to accomplish. I did catch one at a Little League game about 5 years ago, though. Me and my then 4 year old and about 6 other people. Right behind the back stop. It was amazing....

I've never caught a ball. It doesn't help that until recently, I nearly always sat in shitty upper-deck seats that weren't in the usual high-traffic lanes for fouls or home runs. My dad caught one once.