Jeff Tweedy Solo in Chicago

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys! The reason I said that I would tell you NEXT week how to get tickets was to try to avoid this confusion. OY!

Ok, here's the thing........Here's what we do every year......First, I sell the tickets to the people more closely involved with the reasons for the benefit, such as the school parents, etc. THEN, when I finish with that, I open up the remaining tickets to the public, and the ticket price goes down to $100.

So, to review.....you can buy them Tuesday for $150 or assume that there will be tickets left (which there have been each year) and wait to buy them for $100, which is what I was trying to do by telling you guys to wait until next week for the info.

I know, it's all kind of confusing. I hope that I didn't make it more confusing. But the moral of the story is, go to these shows. They will be fun AND you will be helping people.

Thanks.

xo

srmt

I'm sitting at my computer -- in New Jersey -- pouting cos I don't live in Chicago and miss all the fun. Plus, I need a new dishwasher and my car's making a funny sound, so paying for a trip to Chicago does not make good economic sense.

Poop.

Wanna do a dishwasher benefit?

Given that I'll be at a Living Room show the weekend before on my birthday, I imagine that my wife will divorce me if I even suggest that we spend Valentine's Day night together at the Vic at a Jeff Tweedy show.

I can't think of a better reason to go to the show....and I live in Tulsa

I'm in!!!

I'm sitting at my computer -- in New Jersey -- pouting cos I don't live in Chicago and miss all the fun. Plus, I need a new dishwasher and my car's making a funny sound, so paying for a trip to Chicago does not make good economic sense.

Poop.

Wanna do a dishwasher benefit?

I know the feeling. I wish I was in Chicago for these benefits too! If the benefits were in NYC I would be all over that! It is great what Jeff and Sue are doing though! Kudos!

Hey so, is the $150 tickets the ones in the way front that is blocked off? If so, where do you get these tix from?

No. The front area is reserved for people more closely involved with the reasons for the benefit, and are more expensive than $150.

$150 was the price listed for the general seating area, on a blog associated with one of the causes. These are the same tickets that, if you wait until next Wednesday as Susan posted, will come down in price to $100 for the general public. The caveat is, as always, these tickets won't be available if everyone involved with the benefit buys them all up before the general sale. It hasn't happened in the past two years.

(I am 99% sure this is correct information.)

No. The front area is reserved for people more closely involved with the reasons for the benefit, and are more expensive than $150.

$150 was the price listed for the general seating area, on a blog associated with one of the causes. These are the same tickets that, if you wait until next Wednesday as Susan posted, will come down in price to $100 for the general public. The caveat is, as always, these tickets won't be available if everyone involved with the benefit buys them all up before the general sale. It hasn't happened in the past two years.

Last year I dont think it even sold out till almost show time, so these are somewhat easy tickets to get. Also ticketmaster list them to go on sale tommorow at noon.

Last year was the best Jeff solo show I've seen out of 5+, I vowed to never miss one of these benefit shows at the Vic ever again. Perfect venue for Mr. Tweedy. Even with the Champaign show a few weeks ahead of these, I'm thinking I won't have any problems with getting motivated for more. Now the problem that lies within, all these hot tickets to worry about tomorrow.... first Andrew Bird... now Tweedy :worried at the very least it will keep me warm :cold

Can we buy these at the Vic box office too to avoid ticketmaster charges?

So is it usually a GA show, with a reserved GA area in front, or do they put in actual seats? I've only been to one seated show at the Vic, ever.

Looks like, just as last time, they will have seating in the front for people associated with the charities with the remaining area general admission. They did provide seats on the whole first floor which was nice but felt kinda weird for the Vic.

Will be fun.

READ THE THREAD

Guys! The reason I said that I would tell you NEXT week how to get tickets was to try to avoid this confusion. OY!

Ok, here's the thing........Here's what we do every year......First, I sell the tickets to the people more closely involved with the reasons for the benefit, such as the school parents, etc. THEN, when I finish with that, I open up the remaining tickets to the public, and the ticket price goes down to $100.

So, to review.....you can buy them Tuesday for $150 or assume that there will be tickets left (which there have been each year) and wait to buy them for $100, which is what I was trying to do by telling you guys to wait until next week for the info.

I know, it's all kind of confusing. I hope that I didn't make it more confusing. But the moral of the story is, go to these shows. They will be fun AND you will be helping people.

Thanks.

xo

srmt