Jeff Tweedy Solo in Chicago

Anybody get the $250 Gold?

Geezzz, 2 shows at these prices. think of the money the school raises. Must be one lucky rich school.

That's an unfair thing to say, Zen. The benefit raises money to create scholarships for kids who cannot afford to attend the school. That doesn't equate into enriching the school itself. At least that's how I understand it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an unfair thing to say, Zen. The benefit raises money to create scholarships for kids who cannot afford to attend the school. That doesn't equate into enriching the school itself. At least that's how I understand it.

Well the school is lucky to have Jeff play for them and they are getting enriched by having huge scholarships for kids to attend. Just saying they are making out good.

I guess if people will pay the prices, then go ahead and charge what you can. I would. I just hope the show doesnt price me out eventually.

Well the school is lucky to have Jeff play for them and they are getting enriched by having huge scholarships for kids to attend. Just saying they are making out good.

I guess if people will pay the prices, then go ahead and charge what you can. I would. I just hope the show doesnt price me out eventually.

Not to prolong this point, and I don't really know anything about it personally, but I think Wendy's point is that the kids who get the scholarships (to what is presumably already a fine school) are the ones being enriched.

These are charity shows. If there is no school/charity, you don't get to go to the non-existent show that wouldn't be happening. Why are people complaining?

As I've read the thread, Sue will be posting info next week on the cheaper tickets.

You're a dillweed.

So, to review.....you can buy them Tuesday for $150 or assume that there will be tickets left (which there have been each year) and wait to buy them for $100, which is what I was trying to do by telling you guys to wait until next week for the info.

Thanks.

xo

srmt

:thumbup

So I'm a bit miffed at how the tickets are going on sale for this event. I completely understand that the shows are for charity and I am happy to pay higher prices because of this fact. My main complaint it how the information and ticket sale for these shows has unfolded.

I first read information on this site as well as ticketmaster that tickets for the benefit were to go on sale Friday the 18th at noon. Ticketmaster states that tickets will range from $100 - $250. I make a trip over to the Vic on Friday in hopes that they will have $100 tickets for sale. They tell me at the Vic box office that $100 tickets will now be going on sale Tuesday at noon. I say cool and make my way back to work in hopes of pulling down some tickets Tuesday. So again today I make my way up to the Vic and get there just before noon and the guy at the box office tells me that tickets are now $150 and he had no idea if $100 tickets would go on sale. Since the box office is cash only and I had only brought enough for two $100 tickets, I could only buy one ticket. Hopefully they will still have more when I make it back over for the other ticket.

Again, I completely understand that the shows are for charity and I am happy to pay a higher price because of this fact. It's just a bit annoying when you are trying to make plans to purchase tickets and the information keeps changing on you. Please don't take this post as an attack on anyone involved with the planning of the shows. Just take note that some fans really want to catch these shows and need to make plans in order to be there.

I'm sure people will be mad at me for making these comments but I mean no disrespect. I'm looking forward to the shows and thank Jeff and Sue for putting this together. I've been wanting to see one of these benefit shows for a very long time.

Guys! The reason I said that I would tell you NEXT week how to get tickets was to try to avoid this confusion. OY!

Ok, here's the thing........Here's what we do every year......First, I sell the tickets to the people more closely involved with the reasons for the benefit, such as the school parents, etc. THEN, when I finish with that, I open up the remaining tickets to the public, and the ticket price goes down to $100.

So, to review.....you can buy them Tuesday for $150 or assume that there will be tickets left (which there have been each year) and wait to buy them for $100, which is what I was trying to do by telling you guys to wait until next week for the info.

I know, it's all kind of confusing. I hope that I didn't make it more confusing. But the moral of the story is, go to these shows. They will be fun AND you will be helping people.

Thanks.

xo

srmt

Straight from her. I don't see the confusion here people.

Straight from her. I don't see the confusion here people.

On the Montessori website with all the info, it clearly states $100 general admission will go on-sale Tuesday (today) via ticketmaster. They claim this info came from Sue as well... I'm not upset, and obviously I've read all the posts here, but it has been a tad bit confusing with trying to clear the time to grab tickets.

http://leahj.blog-city.com/jeff_tweedy_at_..._montessori.htm

Edit: Now just updated that $100 tickets will go on-sale Friday :pray

Guest Gym Teacher Man
How anybody can complain about ticket prices for charity shows is beyond me.

i think maybe people were a little harsh on Zen on this one.

i'm not complaining about the ticket prices, and i hope they sell out and make a lot of money, but i won't be going this year because they're just too expensive for me. at this point, $100 or $200 just means so much to me. i believe his point was that he is worried he won't eventually be able to afford to see these shows. and that this school is lucky to have jeff throwing these concerts, and yes, ultimately some children are really the lucky ones.

i hope the show is even better then it was last year and that all that can afford to pay the hefty price enjoy the shit out of it. not sure there's any reason to rip Zen a new one though.

So I'm a bit miffed at how the tickets are going on sale for this event. I completely understand that the shows are for charity and I am happy to pay higher prices because of this fact. My main complaint it how the information and ticket sale for these shows has unfolded.

I first read information on this site as well as ticketmaster

I figured since you read stuff here and her post was 1st that you would've known. I wasn't trying to be harsh just trying to help the continued confusion.

i think maybe people were a little harsh on Zen on this one.

i'm not complaining about the ticket prices, and i hope they sell out and make a lot of money, but i won't be going this year because they're just too expensive for me. at this point, $100 or $200 just means so much to me. i believe his point was that he is worried he won't eventually be able to afford to see these shows. and that this school is lucky to have jeff throwing these concerts, and yes, ultimately some children are really the lucky ones.

i hope the show is even better then it was last year and that all that can afford to pay the hefty price enjoy the shit out of it. not sure there's any reason to rip Zen a new one though.

cool, someone on my side. I could afford the $100 ticket, but any higher and I think its probably out my range. I just hope they dont raise prices cause there seems to be interest in making more money this year.

I'm waiting till friday for my tix.