Jeff Tweedy Solo in Chicago

Guest Gym Teacher Man
Gah. I need to amend my original post... :D

and i'm the tease!!!

anyway, i hope all who are going have as much fun as i had last year. i also hope to find, say, $100 on the way home from work tonight.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

So, I got some of the $250 tickets, and they say G.A. as we all know. But they also say Row G5 Seats 41 and 42.

I was always under the assumption that there were just different sections of G.A., but no assigned seats. My tickets have seat numbers. What's what? Are the seat numbers valid, or is it just ticketmaster doing the goofy things ticketmaster does?

Any ideas?

-Pete

Hi all,

So, I got some of the $250 tickets, and they say G.A. as we all know. But they also say Row G5 Seats 41 and 42.

I was always under the assumption that there were just different sections of G.A., but no assigned seats. My tickets have seat numbers. What's what? Are the seat numbers valid, or is it just ticketmaster doing the goofy things ticketmaster does?

Any ideas?

-Pete

The $250 tickets are considered "Gold Circle" tickets which do in fact have reserved seating. My guess it you will be in the 5th row from stage with that seat location posted. This is a special reserved section right in front of the stage aside from the rest of the general admission areas.

Here is some addition info about the shows:

Jeff Tweedy will be performing solo benefit shows on Feb 13 and Feb 14 at the Vic Theater, 3145 N. Sheffield. Doors open at 7pm, show starts at 8pm. Tickets are $100 and can be purchased online at http://ticketmaster.com or at the Vic box office.

The proceeds from these shows will benefit a children's scholarship fund, the Emanuel Congregation, and The Kawasaki Disease Research Fund for Children's Memorial Hospital.

Here is a little bit of info being put out about the Kawasaki Disease part:

In support of Kawasaki Disease research for Children

Here is some addition info about the shows:

Jeff Tweedy will be performing solo benefit shows on Feb 13 and Feb 14 at the Vic Theater, 3145 N. Sheffield. Doors open at 7pm, show starts at 8pm. Tickets are $100 and can be purchased online at http://ticketmaster.com or at the Vic box office.

The proceeds from these shows will benefit a children's scholarship fund, the Emanuel Congregation, and The Kawasaki Disease Research Fund for Children's Memorial Hospital.

Here is a little bit of info being put out about the Kawasaki Disease part:

In support of Kawasaki Disease research for Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Jeff Tweedy (of Wilco) has announced he will be playing two dates at the Vic Theatre in Chicago, Illinois, on February 13 & 14, 2009. Proceeds from the shows will support the Kawasaki Disease Fund at Children's Memorial, as well as a children's scholarship fund. The Tweedy family have long supported research efforts for the disease after their own introduction to it years back. They were reminded of the need for research, funding, and awareness most recently upon meeting 5 year old May Aldrin last fall at a fundraiser in her name "Play for May." May developed symptoms of the disease earlier in the year, March 2008, and had been treated by the best of the best at Children's Memorial

Sweet! I am a merch freak, so this makes me incredibly happy. :lol

And they'll be happy you're a merch freak! :yay I got a T and poster last year--both even easier to justify when the money goes to charity.

so my Friday night ticket just showed up and it has a start time of 8pm listed, which I believe is an hour later than what Sue's post stated. Can we cet a confirmation? Thanks!

Err. Sorry, I meant to say her LAST post (see above) says, "Doors open at 7pm, show starts at 8pm."

That's also what Ticketmaster says.

Ordered 2 tickets Friday night (hope they come in time!), then booked a flight from Detroit (crossing over from Windsor, Canada), and lastly I booked a sweet 4 star hotel (through Hotwire). This reminds me of last year's Winter Residency, when for some dumb reason I found myself with a couple extra bucks and some time off in February. Hit 4 shows of that. But this time we can only make it for the Saturday show. I have no idea how much this trip will cost me, but needless to say my girlfriend is very very impressed when I said I had a great Valentine's day present for her this year!

I still don't know if my seats are assigned or Ticketmaster is just goofy. I guess I'll just get there before 7 to be safe. Wilco fans are fun to talk to, anyhow. :)