i think what's even more impressive (and at times downright scary) is that Robin Pecknold is only 22 years old... guy has a LOT of great years ahead of him and is off to one helluva start.

That is music making prime in my mind. I always listen to early neil young and think wow he was 23 when he put out Everybody Knows This is Nowhere. Crazy..................(wait for it)............Horse!

I LIKE the album and the band and generally love harmonies. I saw them in Madison this summer and left a little disappointed. The harmonies were nice, but the stage presence was terrible and there was no flow to the show. There were loooong pauses between songs and Robin kept stroking his beard like a bad parody of a James Bond villain. Even with the long breaks, they only played about 50 minutes.

I just feel that they are a bit overrated right now and their success seems like a right sound at the right time happy accident. They have even admitted that they thought the album was crap and wanted to start over. The harmonies and the CSN sound have obviously struck a nerve and sent them on a rapid ascent. They have a real challenge on the next album to meet the huge expectations brought about by their acclaim, and my gut tells me they don't have it in them.

All that being said, I thought the end of Mykonos sounded great on SNL.

I LIKE the album and the band and generally love harmonies. I saw them in Madison this summer and left a little disappointed. The harmonies were nice, but the stage presence was terrible and there was no flow to the show. There were loooong pauses between songs and Robin kept stroking his beard like a bad parody of a James Bond villain. Even with the long breaks, they only played about 50 minutes.

I just feel that they are a bit overrated right now and their success seems like a right sound at the right time happy accident. They have even admitted that they thought the album was crap and wanted to start over. The harmonies and the CSN sound have obviously struck a nerve and sent them on a rapid ascent. They have a real challenge on the next album to meet the huge expectations brought about by their acclaim, and my gut tells me they don't have it in them.

All that being said, I thought the end of Mykonos sounded great on SNL.

What's the point in rooting against them? I think someone said it earlier in the thread, what is not to like? I'll admit they don't blow my mind lyrically, but the overall sound is beautiful. Also playing with ones beard can by a nervous thing.

Jesus Christ, Fleet Foxes is the #1 album on iTunes. Looks like SNL really did it for them.

Damn, this is always so bittersweet. Guess the days of seeing them in little clubs are over.

They have even admitted that they thought the album was crap and wanted to start over.

Do you have a link? I would love some context for this statement.

Do you have a link? I would love some context for this statement.

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/

I'm pretty sure I read it in this magazine at a Borders. Looks like the website doesn't have that issue online yet.

The 50 minute concert I saw was very short considering the long breaks between songs and the encore break. They only played half of their material. Might have just been an off night I suppose.

I'm not rooting against this band, I'm just not sure I'm ready to heap the praise until I see some more from them. If they come out with another good record, I'll be glad to add it to my collection and will happily admit that my gut instinct was wrong.

If they come out with another good record, I'll be glad to add it to my collection and will happily admit that my gut instinct was wrong.

the Sun Giant EP was just as good (many feel it's better) as the full length

• 1 month later...