To kick this off.....I found the following on the NFL's Superbowl site. It looks like Springsteen will play one of the playlists below. I was hoping he was doing ALL classics, but he almost assuredly will play at least one new song. My favorite playlist is A, as it only has one new song. But I'd love to see Darkness On The Edge of Town or Thunder Road.

Which playlist will Springsteen perform?

NFL.com

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform live on NBC in the Bridgestone Super Bowl XLIII Halftime Show at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on Sunday, Feb. 1. That we know. What we don't know is which songs will be played.

Here's your chance to predict which playlist Springsteen may choose on Super Bowl Sunday. Take a look at the tentative playlists and choose which one you think will be performed, then discuss which playlist you'd like to hear.

Playlist A: Glory Days, My Lucky Day, Badlands, Born to Run

Playlist B: Born to Run, Rosalita, Working on a Dream, The Rising

Playlist C: The Rising, Darkness on the Edge of Town, Working on a Dream, Hungry Heart

Playlist D: Born in the USA, Thunder Road, Rosalita, My Lucky Day

Playlist E: Born to Run, Dancing in the Dark, Radio Nowhere, The Rising

Playlist F: Rosalita, The Wrestler, Glory Days, Born to Run

Playlist G: Glory Days, Born to Run, The Rising, Working on a Dream

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad:

Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:03 pm EST

Mayor of Phoenix uses the Terrible Towel as a snot rag

By MJD

Everyone in the Cardinals organization, from the head coach down to the practice squad players, has been very careful not to give the Steelers any bulletin-board material this week. If they've mentioned the Steelers at all, it's been only to talk about their great respect for them.

That's not by accident, either. They're being deliberately careful not to provoke the Steelers, and so far, they haven't. And that's why I'm guessing that Ken Whisenhunt would like to strangle Phoenix mayor Phil Gordon today.

Mayor Gordon and Big Red, the Cardinals mascot, held up a Terrible Towel at a rally yesterday, and Big Red used it to wipe his armpits. He then gave the towel to the mayor, who pretended to blow his nose on it, and then threw it on the ground. You can see footage of the towel desecreation here.

If you think the Steelers are above getting mad over such a petty little thing, you'd be mistaken. After the Titans beat the Steelers earlier in the season, a few Titans players stomped on a Terrible Towel. And even later in the playoffs, after the Titans lost a game that would've set up a rematch with the Steelers, linebacker Larry Foote was still harping on it.

"That's what they get for trying to humiliate us and rub it in, for not showing any class," Pittsburgh linebacker Larry Foote said. "We wanted to play them again, but they couldn't hold up their end of the bargain. That's what they get for stomping on the towel. We're stepping on them right now."

As dumb as this stuff might seem to you or me, it really does make a difference to some players. Being "disrespected" makes players angry. Anger, even if it stems from something trivial and childish, can motivate a guy in a way that even winning can't. Anger works.

For his part, the mayor has apologized, saying, "At no time did anyone intend, in any way, to offend the Steelers organization and their many fans, supporters and traditions." So I guess the mayor sees it as an honor for an object to be bathed in his snot. I'll be honest with you: I'd vote for a guy with such holy snot.

Keep checking Shutdown Corner throughout the week, and we'll keep you apprised of any further developments with Mayor Gordon's snot.

Good:

Obama picks Pittsburgh for Super Bowl

POSTED January 29 2009 3:54 PM BY Christina Bellantoni

President Obama told reporters just now he is pulling for the Pittsburgh Steelers in Sunday's Super Bowl. "I am a longtime Steelers fan," he said. Obama said the Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner, formerly of the St. Louis Rams, is a "great story" and added he is "closer to my age than anybody else on the field."

He said, "I wish the best to the Cardinals. They've been long-suffering; it's a great Cinderella story." But, Obama added: "Other than the Bears, the Steelers are probably the team that's closest to my heart." Earlier today in the press briefing, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs hinted Obama would root for the Steelers, noting the Rooney family's support for him on the campaign trail. "I have not asked him specifically who he's rooting for, but I will -- which I will do. I know he has a tremendous respect and affection for the Rooney family, who we saw at many different points along the campaign trail. The best breakfast place we went to in the entire campaign was a place that we went with Mr. Rooney on -- in Pittsburgh," he said. Gibbs also said as part of his outreach to members of Congress from both parties, he may be hosting a Super Bowl party Sunday at the White House. Obama mentioned the family as well when making his comments to reporters briefly before a private economic meeting. And way back in August, which seems like a million years ago, Obama met Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin on the campaign trail. "If I didn't live in Chicago I'd be a Steelers fan," Obama said then.

Super Bowl IX Pittsburgh Steelers 16 Minnesota Vikings 6

Super Bowl X Pittsburgh Steelers 21 Dallas Cowboys 17

Super Bowl XIII Pittsburgh Steelers 35 Dallas Cowboys 31

Super Bowl XIV Pittsburgh Steelers 31 Los Angeles Rams 19

Super Bowl XL Pittsburgh Steelers 21 Seattle Seahawks 10

Does his wife still have the same goofy haircut she had when they used to show her on tv every 5 seconds when he was with the Rams?

I actually heard on some sports-radio morning show earlier this week that she has had a complete makeover and is completely unrecognizable from the aforementioned look. Frankly, I'm afraid to do a Google Images search for Brenda Warner.

No offense intended, but it is easy to NOT root for Warner.

How so?

Everything I hear is what a great, caring guy he is.

Super Bowl IX Pittsburgh Steelers 16 Minnesota Vikings 6

Super Bowl XIV Pittsburgh Steelers 31 Los Angeles Rams 19

Super Bowl XL Pittsburgh Steelers 21 Seattle Seahawks 10

I think 5's enough.

Some people have said that these were two of the greatest SBs ever.

How so?

Everything I hear is what a great, caring guy he is.

Of course that's what you hear. He's a quarterback going to a Super Bowl. It's all sunshine and unicorns. He's the second coming of Tim Tebow.

I'm not a fan of his politics, specifically this kind of thing. I'm sure he's not alone in holding those views, but they stop me short from cheering for him personally.

Rosalita seems like a dumb suggestion. He's got 12 minutes so choosing a song that runs 8 minutes plus doesn't sound realistic.

I expect 10th Avenue Freezeout. I don't expect Glory Days. I would not be surprised to hear The Promised Land either.

I'm not sure why they have to wrap a football game around Bruce..... It just delays the one hour episode of The Office :yes

Of course that's what you hear. He's a quarterback going to a Super Bowl. It's all sunshine and unicorns. He's the second coming of Tim Tebow.

I'm not a fan of his politics, specifically this kind of thing. I'm sure he's not alone in holding those views, but they stop me short from cheering for him personally.

Let's not go down another political road.

I just like how he befreinded and took in his girlfriend/wife's brain-damaged son. Or how he lets one of his kids pick out a family in a restaurant to buy them dinner. He just sounds like a truly nice and genuine guy.

Or the fact that only Bart Starr has a higher quarterback rating in playoff/Super Bowl games EVER. Warner's a CLUTCH quarterback.

You were the one asking why people wouldn't cheer for him. If you don't want to know, don't ask.

Maybe he wasn't expecting someone not to like an NFL quarterback, who is a genuinely nice guy and a great overall comeback story, for such a ridiculous reason (his view on stem cell research).