Maybe he wasn't expecting someone not to like an NFL quarterback, who is a genuinely nice guy and a great overall comeback story, for such a ridiculous reason (his view on stem cell research).

People always hate people for stupid reasons. And when you make your politics a part of football by bringing them up every time you talk to a camera, you are asking for people to hate you based on them.

As for the actual Super Bowl, I vote Steelers. That said, I won't cry about it either way.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's your chance to predict which playlist Springsteen may choose on Super Bowl Sunday. Take a look at the tentative playlists and choose which one you think will be performed, then discuss which playlist you'd like to hear.

Playlist A: Glory Days, My Lucky Day, Badlands, Born to Run

Playlist B: Born to Run, Rosalita, Working on a Dream, The Rising

Playlist C: The Rising, Darkness on the Edge of Town, Working on a Dream, Hungry Heart

Playlist D: Born in the USA, Thunder Road, Rosalita, My Lucky Day

Playlist E: Born to Run, Dancing in the Dark, Radio Nowhere, The Rising

Playlist F: Rosalita, The Wrestler, Glory Days, Born to Run

Playlist G: Glory Days, Born to Run, The Rising, Working on a Dream

What about Dancing in the Dark w/ an appearance by Courtney Cox Arquette?

If my life depended on picking the winner, I'd pick Pittsburgh. But I have a feeling the Cardinals play a game similar to when they played the Eagles.....an early lead, hold on in the 2nd half, and pull it out. Arizona' recievers are very talented, and I think Warner will be cool and experienced enough to connect many times with them.

Arizona 24, Pittsburgh 17

Congrats to Derrick Thomas for making the Hall of Fame! MUCH deserved.

The Bob Dylan, Pepsi commercial wasn't so bad.

I think we are just becoming immune to this stuff. It's like when they first started playing commercials before movies and there would be scattered Boo's. Now they are just accepted, even though my Diet Coke still costs $5.00. At some point the first 30 minutes of a movie will be commercials and people will just accept it. But you won't see cheaper tickets or anything, it's just more profit.

I just hate seeing Dylan in any commercial pimping some product. I hope to never feel comfortable with it.

To kick this off.....I found the following on the NFL's Superbowl site. It looks like Springsteen will play one of the playlists below. I was hoping he was doing ALL classics, but he almost assuredly will play at least one new song. My favorite playlist is A, as it only has one new song. But I'd love to see Darkness On The Edge of Town or Thunder Road.

Which playlist will Springsteen perform?

NFL.com

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform live on NBC in the Bridgestone Super Bowl XLIII Halftime Show at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on Sunday, Feb. 1. That we know. What we don't know is which songs will be played.

Here's your chance to predict which playlist Springsteen may choose on Super Bowl Sunday. Take a look at the tentative playlists and choose which one you think will be performed, then discuss which playlist you'd like to hear.

Playlist A: Glory Days, My Lucky Day, Badlands, Born to Run

Playlist B: Born to Run, Rosalita, Working on a Dream, The Rising

Playlist C: The Rising, Darkness on the Edge of Town, Working on a Dream, Hungry Heart

Playlist D: Born in the USA, Thunder Road, Rosalita, My Lucky Day

Playlist E: Born to Run, Dancing in the Dark, Radio Nowhere, The Rising

Playlist F: Rosalita, The Wrestler, Glory Days, Born to Run

Playlist G: Glory Days, Born to Run, The Rising, Working on a Dream

Looks like it was a combination with one unlisted beauty thrown in.

Do you think he is going to play Glory Days and change the words?

well yeah

that was one of the best half time shows I've seen in quite some time. especially since it was all live.

Do you think he is going to play Glory Days and change the words?

That's what I was afraid of. Other than that, I was quite pleased.

Pretty damn good, I must say. Glad to hear 10th Avenue, and glad not to hear Born In The USA.

Watching this game is horrendous. It's pretty much a given that a Steelers superbowl = lame.

When is the NFL going to do something about their officiating. 3 personal fouls on one drive.

The roughing the passer call was a bad call. The other two were not.