I like to ride my bicycle!

I'd been looking to get back into riding a bike (you know, since I quit around junior high) for a while and now I'm officially back in the saddle. It's so much fun just to ride and tricking a bike out can be a delightful way to drop a little dough. Who else rides? For fun, for exercise, for commuting, whatever. And what do you ride? Fancy schmancy makes Lance Armstrong jealous stuff? Hipster fixie? ;)

I'm rollin' on my lovely '79 Schwinn World Sport for now. I like it and plan to make some upgrades over time then eventually start branching out and trying other bikes whenever I come across a bargain. Come, share the bike love with me!

l_81646119e6724d4a971b7daaf8f0f9ad.jpg

Also, I never realized how much fun it could be to watch the racing until watching some of the Tour of California last night. Plus, Lance's bike stolen!

Every year I plan to ride to work at least 2x a week (in the summer). This year I'm going to do it. It's only about 14 miles so I have no excuses. I have a Cannondale mountain bike which works on and off road pretty well, good for those short cuts on the dirt trails.

I rode to work on "Bike to work day" last year and my groin was screaming by the end. I refuse to wear the little black bike shorts. I have heard you groin gets numb or something after awhile and it's not a problem but I'm thinking of getting some of those shorts that look like normal shorts but have padding. Mountain bike shorts I think.

I was bikeless for years after my 12-speed was stolen. A few years back my girlfriend and I decided to pick up some cheap mountain bikes. Now I ride all the time, though it has been a few months due to the winter weather. I'm looking forward to Spring so I can get back to it.

I ride a touring bike I bought at a used store. I ride to work 5 days a week about 8 months a year. I rode all year round for a while but fell on ice once or twice each winter and I'm getting too old to fall now. So I'm out of the saddle until about March.

Early nineties model, I would guess.
What's the serial number on the Schwinn Badge on front? The first three digits are the day of the year and the last digit represents the year. WIth that you could pinpoint a year and compare the color/specs of your bike to what's in the catalog for that year to confirm it. It's fun to look your old bike's original advertising.

Man, I wish my bike ad had a boner seat in it. :(

I can't find my serial number :(

I wonder if it's covered in grime.

There's not a four digit number stamped into the front like this?

FrontBadge.jpg

Your badge is probably different, but I think there oughta be a number on it somewhere.

Guest Speed Racer

I've got a gnarly Trek hybrid that I want to give away (so far as I can tell, it's a hybrid of slow, ugly and heavy). Thinking about making my current fixie my beater, and picking up a Steamroller or another frankenbike to be my 'good' bike.

To work and about the town I ride a fixie, made from a mid-80's shiny blue Firenze touring frame, with a matching blue chain (these days, in my matching blue fleece and blue jeans), kevlar tires and my badass self (read: NERD). The fixed gear is great for Minnesota winter riding - simplicity, but also the added control of stopping on my terms/going over freaky terrain with added control when the brake sludges up.

Also have a Specialized Allez road bike for triathlons and general spandex riding.

I've got a gnarly Trek hybrid that I want to give away (so far as I can tell, it's a hybrid of slow, ugly and heavy).

Whats the model? When I was shopping I looked at some by Trek hybrids that were pretty awful (it was whatever line had shocks...they're discontinued those). But like I said, Im pretty happy with the FX, although I can see myself upgrading to something lighter/faster in a year or two