Remember...these are now called DISTRACTIONS

Burris tried to raise funds for Blagojevich

SPRINGFIELD, Ill.-- U.S. Sen. Roland Burris now acknowledges attempting to raise money for ousted Gov. Rod Blagojevich

We have hardly heard the last of this story. When it hits the front page of the NY Times it is still news and more and more gory details are coming out each day.

On a fun note about Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner.......(I figured it was time for that Warren Zevon reference..), I was out giving a tour of the south side yesterday and found Burris' tomb; yep that's no bullshit folks, the guy has a tomb ready to roll in a cemetary on the southside of Chicago which is totally engraved with his "accomplishments". Some of you know that, but I went and found the fucker....crazy, batshit crazy....totally wacked. It is just across the road from Jesse Owens, who IS dead and who's gravesite is really moving. On the other hand Roland's monument to himself is just motherfucking nuts.

LouieB

We have hardly heard the last of this story. When it hits the front page of the NY Times it is still news and more and more gory details are coming out each day.

On a fun note about Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner.......(I figured it was time for that Warren Zevon reference..), I was out giving a tour of the south side yesterday and found Burris' tomb; yep that's no bullshit folks, the guy has a tomb ready to roll in a cemetary on the southside of Chicago which is totally engraved with his "accomplishments". Some of you know that, but I went and found the fucker....crazy, batshit crazy....totally wacked. It is just across the road from Jesse Owens, who IS dead and who's gravesite is really moving. On the other hand Roland's monument to himself is just motherfucking nuts.

LouieB

I saw that monument thing on either Stewart or Olbermann (I can't remember which) and I thought "this HAS to be a bit, right?" I guess not - Christ. :ohwell

LouieB

Please tell me your are joking. That guy makes Kanye seem humble. Does he refer to himself in the 3rd person?

Please tell me your are joking. That guy makes Kanye seem humble. Does he refer to himself in the 3rd person?
He has refered to himself as "we" on occasion.

If I had somewhere to post my own pics I would but I think that the one found is good enough. Dig all of his "trailblazing" in the back middle panel and the separate accomplishments for himself (on the left) and his wife on the right. This thing is large (not huge), but big enough for for one to step up onto and into the monument for a closer look.

Another interesting aspect to this is that the thing sits in a small island at the intersection of a couple roads, so there is really not much grass around it and nowhere for anyone else to get close. Unlike the Wilco loft, I will be happy to tell people how to get to this.... :lol if you would like to take your own pictures or just pay tribute to our junior senator....the Trib this AM has an editorial suggesting he resign.

LouieB

I think Burris saw all the crap Lincoln had to go through to get buried and is just being proactive.

Hey we were all stunned that Blago lasted as long as he did. He may make it until the end of his term, then he can be gone for ever...

on the other hand, he may not make it the week. We shall see. It is going to be more interesting to see what happens if he does resign and if the IL Dems and our new reform Gov appoint the next senator. There really should be an election, but I doubt the Dems will allow that to happen.

LouieB

Hey we were all stunned that Blago lasted as long as he did. He may make it until the end of his term, then he can be gone for ever...

on the other hand, he may not make it the week. We shall see. It is going to be more interesting to see what happens if he does resign and if the IL Dems and our new reform Gov appoint the next senator. There really should be an election, but I doubt the Dems will allow that to happen.

LouieB

Speakign of the new guv. He's been in a month now, Isn't he about due for a scandal? Afterall it is tradition in Illinois.

Speakign of the new guv. He's been in a month now, Isn't he about due for a scandal? Afterall it is tradition in Illinois.
This could be his scandal.

Mostly Quinn is too clean and too bland to be a scandal, but if Burris does resign and he appoints someone new, that will be a scandal. It is time for a real election...

LouieB

This could be his scandal.

Mostly Quinn is too clean and too bland to be a scandal, but if Burris does resign and he appoints someone new, that will be a scandal. It is time for a real election...

LouieB

Quinn did just appoitna Blago loyalist, so that could be scandal to some.

Quinn did just appoitna Blago loyalist, so that could be scandal to some.

This is sort of the same problem Barack is having....people who are qualified are connected to someone that people don't like or trust (Clinton in Barack's case.) so Quinn appointed someone Blago also felt was qualified. Clearly no matter how much people talk about "change" if you throw a net out into the same old waters, you get the same old fish. I am not complaining..just saying.,...I'm available, but no one wants ME!!

:lol :lol

LouieB

This is sort of the same problem Barack is having....people who are qualified are connected to someone that people don't like or trust (Clinton in Barack's case.) so Quinn appointed someone Blago also felt was qualified. Clearly no matter how much people talk about "change" if you throw a net out into the same old waters, you get the same old fish. I am not complaining..just saying.,...I'm available, but no one wants ME!!

:lol :lol

LouieB

Sometimes qualified people are just that...qualified. Still, we see the past association with the bad guy and we mentally say that the fruit did not fall far from the tree, so that should disqualify them.

Sometimes qualified people are just that...qualified. Still, we see the past association with the bad guy and we mentally say that the fruit did not fall far from the tree, so that should disqualify them.

News from the Quinn front...he wants to appoint someone until a special election can be set up to replace Burris (who admittedly has not quit yet) so that he can have it both ways....

In IL if you eliminate everyone associated with either Blago, Ryan, or Daley (not that he has gone to jail yet), it doesn't leave a heck of alot of folks.

LouieB

I would be shocked if they ever got Daley on anything. He seems pretty careful.

But Burris needs to get out of Dodge. "Shortest term for a U.S. Senator from Illinois" would look good on that mausoleum.

I would be shocked if they ever got Daley on anything. He seems pretty careful.

But Burris needs to get out of Dodge. "Shortest term for a U.S. Senator from Illinois" would look good on that mausoleum.

I love it...yea....weeks not months...

You are correct on Daley...not the dumb guy he sometimes appears. Way smarter than your average pol.

LouieB