Anniversary of the Residency

I still wonder how I got through all 5 days alive... and I didnt even wait outside to freeze my arse off like some of you crazies!

Still haven't seen the full band live since that run.... Lollapalooza wasn't gonna be the proper re-introduction after that run, it's gonna be a culture shock when I finally do, probably in Milwuakee.

I have been thinking about it all week, and listening to a few of the shows. BTW -- temps here have been in the 30s-40s this week, but somehow it just would not have been the same had we not all frozen together. I had such bad bronchitis, I thank my pals for place holding for me a couple of those days!

Charles H. photographed that show, and he described the mountain of coats/hats/scarves/whatever slung over the rail as a "giant soft mountain" if I recall correctly.

Ah, the Riv :wub

Oh I definitely am thinking about it. Had a real hard end of Jan and Feb and ended up having a memorial service before the Saturday show. I debated whether I should go to the show and it turned out to be the right decision. Got a lot of frustration and anger out and ended up with a great deal of joy.

I remember having a great time at the concert one year ago today. Unfortunately, I also remember contracting a pretty bad case of the flu at the aforementioned concert. The Riviera was a steamy, sweaty disease pit. But hey, I got to hear "I Must Be High" and "Hotel Arizona."

My only memory is getting completely shut out of any tickets for the five shows. I'm still miffed.

This would have been a brutal winter to do this again. As I have said I am still tired from last year. I didn't get sick, but it was exhausting, but every fun. I sort of wish Wilco would just leave us with our memories or maybe move this thing to a different time of the year or something.

LouieB