Do you attend concerts alone?

About half. My wife is a less-than-rabid fan for most of the stuff I'm interested in, so I'm OK with going alone sometimes, especially if I can get a good seat down front. I went by myself to the JT show at the Vic last month, and actually that was a little uncomfortable being alone since it's kind of an "intimate" setting.

90% of the time by myself...baseball games too. Love the solitude of large crowds. Staerd with GD shows a looong time ago and still do it. Next solo show... Asheville NC

I pretty much always go solo. My wife doesn't like crowds or staying up late, so that pretty much rules out your average rock show. She doesn't mind that I go by myself, I don't mind going alone, she stays home with the kids so no need for a babysitter. That's what you call a win-win.

This about sums it up for me as well! She has become a big Wilco fan and we did go to Millenium Park together and we'll probably go to see them next time, but for the most part I fly solo. I used to photograph a lot of shows so for the most part she would get bored watching me work(which is kind of why I stopped doing it). I dont go to nearly the shows I used to (family obligations) so when I do go I prefer enjoying the show and not babysitting a talking friend etc.

90% of the time by myself...baseball games too. Love the solitude of large crowds. Staerd with GD shows a looong time ago and still do it. Next solo show... Asheville NC

I love this. Its not just a thread anymore, folks, this is turning into a movement. :lol

I will add the stipulation that I only really like it in general-admissions type situations because I like to be able to move around. Nothing worse than getting stuck in a seat in the middle of a row and you're alone and have a-holes seated all around you.

Ditto for baseball games--I've gone to those alone a lot in the past, and I got around my assigned-seating issue due to the fact that my favorite team sucks and doesn't draw very big crowds, so I can sit wherever I damn well please! :yay

I pretty much go to shows by myself now. If bigshoulders lived in DC that would be different, but last year I ate the cost of 5, count them 5 different concert tickets because people said they wanted to go to a show and bailed on me the day before. After eating the cost of 5 concert tickets, I stopped inviting other people to go. Now I have gotten the stunned looks from folks when they mention a show to me and my response is, yeah, I already have my ticket. Prior to last year, it was usually 50/50 for me on going to concerts alone or with someone. Now, it is more like 90/10. I really don't mind going by myself. Especially the general admission shows since I like to get there early and try to get a spot up front. It is fun to be a concert with someone else, share in the moment and all, but equally as fun to go solo.

I can't tell you how many show's i've gone to by myself. If i did not go to them alone i would never have all the wonderful exepreinces I've had witnessing great music.

My friends have aweful taste in music or just are afraid to check out new bands. Plus a lot of bands come during the week and i'm old and my friends don't like going out on a tuesday or whatever, but screw that it is all about the music to me.

Never been to a concert alone, but I go to the movies solo all the time. (I go to a lot of movies, and often the uncommercial kind, and I can't be bothered to try to convince others why the movie is worth seeing. Plus, coordinating social outings can be a headache; usually I just like to hop in the car and go catch a film with no side hassles.)

i went to my first Wilco gig alone. what's weird was that the show sold out and i didn't have a ticket. i ended up buying one from a couple who had an extra, their friend dropped out at the last minute or something. so i ended up sitting with this guy and his girlfriend in a small 3 seated booth. :mellow it was still a great night!

We live and die like we dream...alone (to paraphrase Josef Conrad)

I started attending shows alone in the 90's due to downtown's unhappiness with the fact that I go to concerts to listen and watch the band and not to pay attention to her.

Now I have a concert going buddy in D-man.

I've learned to hide the fact that I'm going to shows from one of my buddies because he'll get a ticket (doesnt matter who the band is) and then try to talk to me the entire f'n show. Doesnt matter if I ignore him, tell him to shut up, step away from him or try to ditch him altogether.......he's got an unstopable mouth.

haha, reminds me an old friend. He once started drumming on my back at a medeski martin and wood show, the "please stop" warnings didn't get him, but the elbow in the stomach did!

By the way I just read Confederacy Of Dunces.

I love baseball games by myself.