Jeff Tweedy's Interview with GQ Magazine

nice little interview. I love this line: "the world probably doesn’t need any more songs, but I need more songs"

thats definitely how I feel most of the time

EDIT: uncool2pillow and posted at the same time. seems to be a popular quote

Just adding this for posterity (and for you link-o-phobes). I will say I loved the part about how well the band gets on with each other.

A New Album, Short Shorts, and Neil Young's Backstage Grub

jefftweedy.jpg

An exclusive in-studio interview with Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy

Over the course of fourteen years and seven indispensable albums, Wilco have gone from being an alt-country cult favorite to an arena-filling national obsession. That

Haven't had time to read the interview yet, looking forward to it though. But I just have a quick question, is this interview in print or just on the www?

Anyone know which issue if so?

It's in the April issue (p. 79) but there is more in the online version than what's in the actual magazine.

Maple Pudding with Sugared Pecans: Makes 4 servings

Pure maple flavor and the crunch of sugared pecans make this pudding one of my favorites. The sugared pecans can be used as a garnish far other desserts, too, such as Southern Sweet Potato Spice Pie or Carrot Cake (see book for recipes).

Sugared Pecans

1 tablespoon egg white

3 tablespoons granulated sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

3/4 cup pecan halves

Maple Pudding

1/4 cup cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon salt

2-1/2 cups whole milk

1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar

1/2 cup pure maple syrup

3 large egg yolks

3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring

Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish

1. To make the sugared pecans, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg white, granulated sugar, and cinnamon until well blended. Add the pecan halves and toss with a spoon until the pecans are completely coated with the egg white-sugar mixture. Spread the coated pecans on a baking sheet.

2. Bake, tossing occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fragrant. Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack and cool the nuts completely. Chop the nuts coarsely and set aside.

3. To make the maple pudding, in a medium nonreactive saucepan, whisk together the cornstarch, salt, milk, brown sugar, and maple syrup until smooth. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a gentle boil, whisking constantly. Remove the pan from the heat.

4. In a medium bowl, whisk the yolks until smooth. Whisk about 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the yolks. Return this mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil. Continue to boil, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the butter pieces until completely melted. Whisk in the vanilla, maple flavoring, and 1/2 cup of the chopped pecans.

5. Spoon into 4 sundae glasses, cover with plastic wrap (unless you want a skin to form), pressing it directly onto the surface of the pudding, and refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until well chilled. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and the reserved sugared pecans.

So, I took this to mean that the shows they filmed a few years back (that turned into the Kicking Television album) are still out there and ready for potential use. Am I alone in that interpretation?

My understanding is that they were going to release a DVD with that footage but decided not to, so that sounds about right.

So, I took this to mean that the shows they filmed a few years back (that turned into the Kicking Television album) are still out there and ready for potential use. Am I alone in that interpretation?

They have a Wilco Archive project planned but they are waiting for a better format than Blu Ray.