Here's my Family Guy thread.

What the heck has happened to this show the last few episodes? Yes, it's still Family Guy and it's hilarious.. But it seems like they are starting to scrounge for material. Like in the recent OJ Simpson episode, they cut to a performance of Conway Twitty (like they have in several previous episodes) but it was an entire song! Usually they just do a few seconds, but this time it was an entire 4+ minute song!

And then the other night, Louis did the whole "fall and hurt the knee, wince in pain" bit just like Peter has done in previous episodes.

It seems like they are becoming desperate for material..

trying to push the boundaries as far as possible. the conway twitty thing went a little far IMO

This has always been their bit. It hasn't been very funny since it came back on the air, save for the Star Wars episode.

It's funny you say that, because my wife thinks that; since they are working so hard on the new Star Wars episode, the quality of the regular episodes is slipping..

The entire Conway Twitty song had a bit of the WTF factor but maybe that was the point. They have always gone over the top at times, for example the endless fights with the chicken. I still think it's more entertaining than most things on TV although it has fallen off a bit.

maybe someone could send the writers a care package with some better drugs

I've always liked the far too long bits. The chicken fight, the scraped knee, all very funny. But I've always liked this more than anything:

osamafamilyguy3tt.jpg

I've always liked the far too long bits. The chicken fight, the scraped knee, all very funny. But I've always liked this more than anything:

osamafamilyguy3tt.jpg

Yes! It goes on for SO long! Now that is one of the funnier "far too long" bits. It's one of those bits where you say "that's just wrong" but you are laughing the whole time..

The entire Conway Twitty song had a bit of the WTF factor but maybe that was the point. They have always gone over the top at times, for example the endless fights with the chicken. I still think it's more entertaining than most things on TV although it has fallen off a bit.

I absolutely loved that they played the entire tune and I absolutely love the prolonged chicken fights. The longer the bit the funnier, to me.

I used to enjoy Family Guy, too, and still do from time to time. But I agree with this thread, the new episodes just don't have it. Peter, Meg, and Chris all bother me. The only characters I can say I like are Brian and Stewie. Maybe Cleveland, but even he seems to have jumped the shark.

I absolutely loved that they played the entire tune and I absolutely love the prolonged chicken fights. The longer the bit the funnier, to me.

I agree.. And like I said it's still hilarious, I just feel that it has fallen off some lately..

But the more I think about the show and some of the episodes of the latest season, I start lol'ing.

"The Bird is The Word"

Another long bit that had my crying with laughter..

Here's my Family Guy thread.

What the heck has happened to this show the last few episodes? Yes, it's still Family Guy and it's hilarious.. But it seems like they are starting to scrounge for material. Like in the recent OJ Simpson episode, they cut to a performance of Conway Twitty (like they have in several previous episodes) but it was an entire song! Usually they just do a few seconds, but this time it was an entire 4+ minute song!

And then the other night, Louis did the whole "fall and hurt the knee, wince in pain" bit just like Peter has done in previous episodes.

It seems like they are becoming desperate for material..

this has been happening since it came back from cancellation

They could make a chicken fight mini-series and it'd be funny all the way through, but they went way overboard with the shaboopie football dance. That was just stupid.