NHL Offseason 2009

Just got back from Bruins-Habs Game 1. Me and Walken were sitting last row in the balcony and had an effing blast. I have extremely high hopes that the B's will be in the Stanley Cup this year

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some facts for y'all.

Bruins > Habs (hopefully the Bruins can work on that crazy all time stat in favour of Le Habitants)

Bruins > Devils

Bruins > Capitals

Bruins > Penguins

Bruins > Rangers

HOWEVER

Bruins

Bruins

Bruins

Bruins

What I'm trying to say is that the Stanley Cup will once again be decided in the Western Conference Finals. I can't remember off hand but the Western vs Eastern teams stats was extremely lopsided to the West this year.

BUT!!! If an Eastern Team wins, I will change my avatar to their logo ALL off season. :)

Regardless, good win for the Bruins, Hawks, and Wings tonight... Sharks and Ducks are tied 0-0 at this point!! (EDIT: Course the moment I type that it's 1-0 Ducks).

Anyways, glad all of you Bruins fans are happy. Go Chara Go! Go Lucic Go!

Obviously I am not happy the habs lost, but that was a hell of a game!

Very entertaining. Could have gone either way.

it's going to be a good series.

I just don't want to see anyone get hurt.

Was really disappointed to see Kosto throw out his elbow like that...

Doc, even though I'm very happy you've chosen the Bruins for the Eastern Conference, I've got some stats for ya:

-Bruins beat Chicago twice this year, combined score 7-4.

-the B's shut out the Canucks in one of the best games this year 1-0.

-Bruins beat Detroit 4-1 in November.

-San Jose will choke long before any sort of important series...

I feel very confident in Boston's ability in 7-game series'.

Last night's game was amazing. The gallery gods live again in Boston.

Plus, I got to meet Cam Neely before the game, and sit inside the old garden's penalty box, which was pretty cool

Few pics:

Me and the gal-pal in the ol' box:

0416091742a.jpg

Neely:

0417091147a.jpg

Last row, party section:

0416091905a.jpg

Doc, even though I'm very happy you've chosen the Bruins for the Eastern Conference, I've got some stats for ya:

-Bruins beat Chicago twice this year, combined score 7-4.

-the B's shut out the Canucks in one of the best games this year 1-0.

-Bruins beat Detroit 4-1 in November.

-San Jose will choke long before any sort of important series...

I feel very confident in Boston's ability in 7-game series'.

Last night's game was amazing. The gallery gods live again in Boston.

Plus, I got to meet Cam Neely before the game, and sit inside the old garden's penalty box, which was pretty cool

Few pics:

Me and the gal-pal in the ol' box:

0416091742a.jpg

Neely:

0417091147a.jpg

Last row, party section:

0416091905a.jpg

Nice!

Glad you had a good time. I was just happy it was a relatively close game.

I've told myself I am going to try and enjoy this series as much as possible, no matter what happens.

Cam Neely is awesome.

I love that good ol' Canadian boy.

Don't bring up Neely or you will make me cry. :( Is that Kessel jersey? I hope your Bruins prove me wrong, I really do (except unless it's against the Nucks). They're tied with the Hawks as my second favorite team this year, but since they're Eastern Conference and therefor not rivals they're edging out the Hawks.

This is the best time of the year and it's only going to get better with the WC starting soon.

Here's my awesome youtube video of the day... in HD! NSFW!!!!!

Kelly is supposedly David Backes' wife. :lol

Anyone know a good site to get jersey's online? I'm trying to buy an old Jets/Nordiques/Whalers/etc jersey and I found rivercitysports.com and icejerseys.com but neither take paypal :(

tell me how the Rangers are doing it

Peaking at the right time, gritty, gritty play and most of all, King Henrik.

Plus Naslund has 3 points in two games? What the hell, Naslund? Where was that in 2007???

I had a terrible thought, what if the Rangers met the Canucks in the finals?? A rematch!? Too bad Linden is retired now.....

I thought the Jackets would put up more of a fight then they are :(

Gotta feel bad for the Sharks.... they spent all season trying to get the President's Trophy and what happens? They run into a rookie goaltender who happens to be hot and a Ducks team that likely doesn't have the energy to go full throttle past the first round. It's sad, really. Thornton and Marleu just don't show up in the playoffs, every year the analysts say "this is the year for the Sharks" and every year the same result, more or less. This is undoubtedly the most disappointing, what with all the expectations. This is, however, terrific news for the Vancouver Canucks, who will not have to face Detroit till the third round... if everything keeps up.

Wings (2nd) vs Ducks (8th)

Canucks (3rd) vs Hawks (4th)

Canucks vs Wings conference finals. (Doctor Canuck eats his shoe in celebration).

Otherwise it would have been

Sharks (1st) vs Hawks (4th)

Wings (2nd) vs Canucks (3rd)

Which is nowhere near as interesting. Home ice, home ice, home ice!!!

sad but i dont feel bad for them, this is the NHL playoffs, you have to show up, you cant let goalies get hot, gotta keep on the pressure, Ducks have done this before with Giguere, he was the hot goalie in the past and they rode him all the way....

The Canucks are really slamming the Blues....

Can't help but feel like the Nucks stole a game last nite. Not to say they played horribly, by any stretch, but it felt like a steal, especially with all that powerplay time the Blues had. But yeah, they've had close to five minutes of 5-on-3 time so far this series and not a single goal to show for it? Pretty poor in their part.

Interesting series so far. There are a few guys on the roster who I didn't expect much from and have stepped up big time (Bernier, Raymond and Salo, mainly); guys I expected to play well who have met expectations (Johnson); and a couple guys who I expected a lot from but haven't done a whole lot so far (Demitra against his former squad, Wellwood). Speaking of expectations, being the realistic fan that I am, I certainly didn't expect the Canucks to have a 3-0 series lead, especially considering how they've never done that before in franchise history. Would love to see them pull off the sweep tomorrow, but the Blues are obviously going to be fired up--they have to be.

Never thought I'd be cheering for the Ducks, but yeah, if they can make quick work of the Sharks, that would be great. Then we can let them hammer on the Red Wings for a series so by the time we reach them in the Conference Finals, they'll be really banged up. Here's hoping.

Can't help but feel like the Nucks stole a game last nite. Not to say they played horribly, by any stretch, but it felt like a steal, especially with all that powerplay time the Blues had. But yeah, they've had close to five minutes of 5-on-3 time so far this series and not a single goal to show for it? Pretty poor in their part.

Interesting series so far. There are a few guys on the roster who I didn't expect much from and have stepped up big time (Bernier, Raymond and Salo, mainly); guys I expected to play well who have met expectations (Johnson); and a couple guys who I expected a lot from but haven't done a whole lot so far (Demitra against his former squad, Wellwood). Speaking of expectations, being the realistic fan that I am, I certainly didn't expect the Canucks to have a 3-0 series lead, especially considering how they've never done that before in franchise history. Would love to see them pull off the sweep tomorrow, but the Blues are obviously going to be fired up--they have to be.

Never thought I'd be cheering for the Ducks, but yeah, if they can make quick work of the Sharks, that would be great. Then we can let them hammer on the Red Wings for a series so by the time we reach them in the Conference Finals, they'll be really banged up. Here's hoping.

Good points. Salo has been great, in fact, ever since he got back from injury I've been really impressed by him. He's been a new man this season. Last season he didn't seem to use that rocket of a shot, but this season he has. He's our best puck moving D-man, and you can notice that when he's out of the line up. Bernier and Raymond have been huge. I disagree with you on Demitra and Wellwood. Demitra has always been a quite player, he's not like Burrows or Kesler. With Burr or Kes you can tell when they're about to score but Demitra just goes about it quitely and gets his 50-60 points. This has been a low scoring series and he has 2 points in three games, not bad at all, he's also a +2. I also disagree with Wellwood and you're actually the first person I've heard say something negative about his play. Him, Bernier, and Raymond have been really good together, they haven't scored much but I think it's only a matter of time. Wellwood has been hitting (!!!!!), passing, skating like hell, getting huge opportunities, and playing hard. In my opinion, this is the best we've seen him play. That third line is going to be absolutely key to the teams success. With that defense, the best goal tender, and now three lines (and a tough as nails fourth line), I think we match up well against any other team.

As long as we're talking about players being impressed by, the Sedin twins are sure proving the critics wrong. Last off season everyone talked about how the Sedins aren't top line players... which is weird because they're point-per-game players which is a lot more then what most teams have. I haven't heard anyone say that in awhile though, probably due to how consistent they were all year, and now they're ripping it up in the playoffs. I hope Gillis locks them up soon. Plus, I'm really curious as to what they can do when they play an entire season with Burrows. 90 points? Burrows with 60??

Yeah if the Ducks can beat San Jose, then maybe they can beat the Wings as well (but I think the Ducks' success has a lot to do with the Sharks choking). But if they do win we could have home ice in the first three rounds!!

Yeah, fair enough about Wellwood. I wouldn't say that he has been playing poorly, just that I expected a bit more from him...thought for sure that he would make a fairly sizeable splash in his first playoff series, and although that isn't evident on the scoresheet yet, he's definitely having an impact elsewhere. His play has definitely been of a higher quality over the last 12-15 games, certainly.