NHL Offseason 2009

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the series you've watched, has the officiating been as erratic and almost invisible as it has in the Flames/Hawks series?

The Flames are punching and cross-checking after every whistle and the refs do nothing about it until a Hawk player does it as well. Then the refs deem those as off-setting minors. It's gone on all series with "Celine" Dion Phaneuf, Adrian Aucoin, and Rene Bourque doing it every time they're out there. The only time it DID get called was in last night's game early in the first when Olli Jokinen sent Hjalmarsson on the Hawks flying into the end boards roughly 3 seconds after the whistle blew. It's been awful and there were some skirmishes last night at the end of the game that I'm sure will probably lead to Hawk suspensions for game 4 even though it was them finally standing up for themselves after being punched in the face all night after the play.

I'm still waiting for Cammalleri to experience some discipline after blatantly punching Havlat in the face in game one. Oh wait, he's scored 39 goals this year and you can't suspend a guy who has done that for a lousy bunch of Flamers, er Flames, can you?

james_brown-gal.jpg

I feeeeeeeel good

see ya later Habs :dancing

Boston had the better team, plain and simple.

Montreal not having their best players, and their second half of the season implosion did not help either. Most Boston fans surely realize they had even more of an advantage this series knowing they were facing a Montreal team that was not playing to their potential the last couple of months...

Boston deserved to win.

And most people knew they would.

Even then, it's weird, but Boston still doesn't really get the credit they deserve this year.

They have a great team.

I'm just happy Montreal played hard, despite the disadvantage they had.

Guest Jules
The Flames are punching and cross-checking after every whistle and the refs do nothing about it until a Hawk player does it as well. Then the refs deem those as off-setting minors.

I hear you, but when did they call off-setting minors? Seems to me a little glove in the face is standard fare when lingering in the crease during playoff time, and the officials let it go on both sides.

Guest Jules
You're calling him Celine after the hit on Toews? Hawks WISH they had someone who could deliver open-ice hits like that.

Your team is up 2-1. Quit whining about the refs. It's embarrassing.

I agree. Hawks just got beat last night. That's all.

What was that shit with Ovechkin showing up at Rangers practice and why, oh why, did not someone break his fucking face for it?

Guest Jules
Someone should definitely run him, but I doubt anyone on the Rangers has the talent/speed/balls to do so. Ovechkin would just run that player in return, except a lot harder.

It was before the game last night, and I don't think anything happened.

Someone should definitely run him, but I doubt anyone on the Rangers has the talent/speed/balls to do so. Ovechkin would just run that player in return, except a lot harder.

Maybe Dolan can get Oglethorpe.

Maybe Dolan can get Oglethorpe.

"Ogie Ogletorp???" (said in bad french-canadien goalie accent)

"This young man has had a very trying rookie season, what with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him...Well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle. Number six, Ogie Oglethorpe."

[Reggie is trying to get his pre-game nap]

McGrath: Are you nuts? A bounty? We could all end up in the clinker for this. You can't put a bounty on a man's head.

Reggie Dunlop: Bullshit. I just did.

[Hangs up, Phone rings again]

Dave 'Killer' Carlson: Coach, I want that hundred dollars.

Reggie Dunlop: Ya gotta earn it, Killer.

Dave 'Killer' Carlson: My attitude's right.

Some of the officiating and suspensions that have been handed out definitely need to be clarified.

The Hawks are too young to go far in the playoffs this year. They just don't have the experience. They'll probably win against Calgary in the 7th game. I can't see them getting past Vancouver, San Jose, Ducks, or Detroit.

Anyways, tonight, c'mon boys, sweep sweep sweep.

Some of the officiating and suspensions that have been handed out definitely need to be clarified.

Agreed. Beyond the Cammalleri double standard, the fact that Backes' cross-check at the end of Game 3 (which was essentially a combination of what Lucic and Carcillo were suspended for, in terms of action and situation) hasn't been addressed by the league is ridiculous.

I'll only be able to catch the first couple periods tonight, so hopefully the Canucks can put it away early... then I'm off to see Leonard Cohen. :D

YEAAAHHHH BOOOOIIIII!!! FIRST 4-GAME SWEEP IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!!!! (Back in the historic 1982 the Canucks completed a three game sweep on the Flames).

Luongobrooming.jpg

Hey Commodore, remember when Babcock wouldn't play you when you were both with the Ducks? Do you think it had something to do with your stupid play? Like last night when you were busy standing over Franzen behind the net, delivering an extra cross check after you had already knocked him down, meanwhile Zetterberg is busy scoring because he was left alone in front of the net (where you should have been)?

As expected, Detroit is treating the BJs like a chew-toy. Its amazing to watch a team suddenly turn it on like that in the playoffs. The Wings really didn't look all that invincible down the stretch of the regular season, but they are simply steamrolling now. Welcome to the playoffs, Columbus. Next time try to get a better first round draw. :hmm

I hate the Wings simply because they win...unfair? Yes, but can you blame me?

I'm very nervous/excited right now. I hope the B's can end it tonight...