NHL Offseason 2009

Canucks in five or six. Luongo is just too great, the squad is just too tight... to be honest I can't see any team in the West beating them at the moment, Ducks and Wings included.

Well well, Kesler nominated for the Selke, just as I predicted, contrary to everyone's nay saying.

The AHL is moving to Abbotsford, BC :unsure

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the fuck has Luongo ever once choked?!

Game 5, 2007 playoffs, conference semifinals against the Ducks. First he misses the start of OT because he's got the hershey squirts, then he lets in the game (and series) winner because he's too busy trying to get the ref's attention (because of a perceived missed elbowing call) instead of focusing on the play, which hadn't been blown dead yet.

That, my friend, is a choke.

Guest Jules
Game 5, 2007 playoffs, conference semifinals against the Ducks. First he misses the start of OT because he's got the hershey squirts, then he lets in the game (and series) winner because he's too busy trying to get the ref's attention (because of a perceived missed elbowing call) instead of focusing on the play, which hadn't been blown dead yet.

That, my friend, is a choke.

yeah, but his stats that postseason were pretty damn good.

Holy fuck.

Did you watch that game? Do you follow this team? Luongo stopped 60 of 62 shots that night. Luongo has said it himself and most of the broadcasters/analysts/writers/fans that follow this team agree, THAT WAS THE ABSOLUTE BEST HOCKEY GAME HE HAS EVER PLAYED. Him having an upset stomach and having to use the washroom has nothing to do with "choking". It's a lot easier for a forward or defenseman to stop off the bench and quickly run into the bathroom. It wasn't like any goals got scored on the Canucks at that time. The game winning goal was scored on a Ducks over power player, and I believe Mitchell had a broken stick at the time, essentially making it a 5 on 3.

The best game that the arguably best goaltender in the world has ever played.

Do you even know what choking is? Luongo showed up to that game and played incredible, one little mistake is a "choke"? You should go watch Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleua every year, or the Flames since Keenan started coaching them. That is choking.

Guest Jules
Holy fuck.

Did you watch that game? Do you follow this team? Luongo stopped 60 of 62 shots that night. Luongo has said it himself and most of the broadcasters/analysts/writers/fans that follow this team agree, THAT WAS THE ABSOLUTE BEST HOCKEY GAME HE HAS EVER PLAYED. Him having an upset stomach and having to use the washroom has nothing to do with "choking". It's a lot easier for a forward or defenseman to stop off the bench and quickly run into the bathroom. It wasn't like any goals got scored on the Canucks at that time. The game winning goal was scored on a Ducks over power player, and I believe Mitchell had a broken stick at the time, essentially making it a 5 on 3.

Do you even know what choking is? Luongo showed up to that game and played incredible, one little mistake is a "choke"? You should go watch Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleua every year, or the Flames since Keenan started coaching them. That is choking.

I just wanted to write 'hershey squirts'

Let's go Ran-gers!

Holy fuck.

whoa. is that all it takes to put you on tilt?

Ehh, crap.

Sorry man I take my Canucks very seriously. Very, very seriously. :canada

Bjorn, sucks for the Rangers. Though it does make me happy to see Nazzy go down. Traitor. And all those people who say Sundin passed over the better club for more money.

Alright gentlemen!! SECOND ROUND. Yesss..... I expect predictions from each of you.

Bruins vs Hurricanes - Bruins in 6

Capitals vs Penguins (holy shit!!!!) - Oh man.. I dunno... I'm going to say Pens in 7. I bet the NHL is stoked to have Crosby vs Ovechkin in the playoffs.

Red Wings vs Ducks - Ducks in... 7?? This series is hard, cause I can't tell if the Ducks are realllyyy good or if San Jose was realllyyy bad.

Canucks vs Blackhawks - Nuck's in 6.

Bjorn, sucks for the Rangers. Though it does make me happy to see Nazzy go down. Traitor. And all those people who say Sundin passed over the better club for more money.

???

Gillis didn't even offer him a contract, did he?

He might have. It just cheezes me off that he'd go to the Rangers of all teams. I don't really care though, just glad he is gone. Maybe traitor was a little harsh. Clearly I'm just in a bad mood today haha.

Hopefully, the Rangers will get their shit together next season and get a little better seed in the playoffs, but they certainly gave the Caps all they could handle.

Flukey goals in the NYR-WSH game. Congrats to Washington...meh...

I thought Sir-Gay's GWG was awesome. He was always one of my favorite Wings, so I was glad to see him score. I missed his patented shit-eating grin after the goal - he looked so morose!

Mar-TAN letting in two goals in the last 80 seconds?? Unbelievable.

Nucks over Hawks in 5

Wings over Ducks in 6

Pens over Caps in 6

Bs over Hurricanes in 7

Wings/Ducks is going to be a great series. The Ducks are practically the Wings only heated playoff rival nowadays, and I think the Wings are intimidated by them, especially since they haven't been able to get past them in recent years.

The NHL must be very happy that Alex and Cindy are meeting this round. I have no idea about the history between the Nucks and Hawks, nor the Bs and Hurricanes. I'm not too excited about either matchup. I'm assuming the higher-seed will win those matchups.

I just learned that Bruce Boudreau (Caps head coach) had a bit part in Slap Shot!

I cannot BELIEVE they are remaking that. No no no no no.

I just learned that Bruce Boudreau (Caps head coach) had a bit part in Slap Shot!

That's funny--when he was promoted from Hershey last year, that was in the lead paragraph in every story about him. He seems like a great guy. And that acting experience really pays off in the cheesy commercials he does for a Mercedes dealer here in the DC area.

I am greatly relieved to see the Caps make it out of the first round for the first time in over a decade, but history is not on their side against Pittsburgh.