reissue of 1st 3 albums...on vinyl

question:

which version of YHF vinyl is rarer I guess you could say, the sundazed one or not sundazed? or is it the same?

Silly question, but how do you tell them apart? I've kept mine sealed, but is it something on the outer packaging that makes this distinction?

Silly question, but how do you tell them apart? I've kept mine sealed, but is it something on the outer packaging that makes this distinction?

on the back of the sundazed one it has a sundazed logo and says it right there. I'm pretty sure there is another that doesn't have anything to do with sundazed or whatever. And then there is the 2008 one with the cd version in there as well.

I scanned the back of my sundazed one so you could see if yours has it or not.

sundazed.jpg

Why is AM on two LPs it's like 37 minutes long. It's less than 10 minutes a side.

That's the way the audiophiles like it. Leave plenty of space between the grooves.

I think it's silly myself, but that won't prevent me from buying it.

$24, huh? I guess beggars can't be choosers, but dang, that's not cheap.

Getting the CD with it makes that price a steal...........for people that don't already own all of their albums on CD...

That's the way the audiophiles like it. Leave plenty of space between the grooves.

yeah me either. I'll still get it of course but I think there will be a couple times when I would put something else on that I wont have to get up and change every 8 or 9 minutes. Mainly just because I am doing shit around the house or something and won't want to be interrupted.

Obviously a layman, but in thinking about this, it makes sense in that, if the grooves are spaced a bit more, it protects the integrity of each groove. Closely spaces grooves means less integrity for each groove.

How's that for rationalization?

Getting the CD with it makes that price a steal...........for people that don't already own all of their albums on CD...

Yeah, that's sort of what I was getting at. How many people will be hearing these albums for the first time on reissued vinyl? Will 98% of the people buying these already have the CDs? 99%? 99.9%? Although I think I heard rumors that the CDs would have bonus tracks somewhere around here awhile back (?).

Don't get me wrong. I will be very happy to have these on vinyl. Just seems like an odd pricing/packaging deal.

Just got back from a stop by my local record store (Twist and Shout, Denver, Colorado), and according to a gentleman there, they're out the first week of June. Twist and Shout isn't great with the information a lot of the time, but considering how fast he was able to find this out, I'm inclined to think it's accurate.

Great news - Summerteeth is back in print on vinyl.

Not so great news - all the tracks have been replaced with the Magnetic Fields' 69 Love Songs. :shifty

http://www.insound.com/Wilco_Summer_Teeth_...ain/p/INS57283/

that's so freakin cool! 2 of my fav records morphed into 1! it'd be even cooler if the 69 Love Songs were pressed onto the Summerteeth vinyl.

that's so freakin cool! 2 of my fav records morphed into 1! it'd be even cooler if the 69 Love Songs were pressed onto the Summerteeth vinyl.

HAhaha, that's is awesome.

69 Love Songs LP is out... wait for it...

6/9/09

They are also at amazon.com and set release is June 2nd.

I just recieved an email from Amazon stating that the release of these have yet been pushed back again. Now they will be shipped at the end of August. At this rate, we might or might not see there reissues this year at all. :ninja

I just recieved an email from Amazon stating that the release of these have yet been pushed back again. Now they will be shipped at the end of August. At this rate, we might or might not see there reissues this year at all. :ninja

Ahh fooey!!! Cant wait for the new album.