• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bah! yer just a grumpy old man.

actually, that is not far from the truth. i do like it quite a bit, but i guess with each release since yhf i am expecting something that just isnt there - this is my own problem. i have set unreal expectations which is unfair, but still it is a cross i must bear.

caledonia_500x333.jpg

caledonia.we are america - excellent record

http://caledoniatheband.ca

Greggy - I know you don't visit much and you're all the way down at the Gulf Coast, but there are a ton better, other acts up here. No need to mention a Wilco cover band.

Sincerly, liz.

(But if you still feel so inclined, you might want to go check out the Arkells. They are pretty much a Constantines cover band)

Greggy - I know you don't visit much and you're all the way down at the Gulf Coast, but there are a ton better, other acts up here. No need to mention a Wilco cover band.

Sincerly, liz.

(But if you still feel so inclined, you might want to go check out the Arkells. They are pretty much a Constantines cover band)

hush your mouth, young lady! wilco cover band? really? i really quite like em. i dont think they really resemble wilco at all. i was more thinking spoon-ish. i will look into this arkells that you speak of.

hush your mouth, young lady! wilco cover band? really? i really quite like em. i dont think they really resemble wilco at all. i was more thinking spoon-ish. i will look into this arkells that you speak of.

Re - the Arkells - you might like them. I can't get past the Cons resemblance to really enjoy them. If they produce another album that doesn't seem to be a rip off, I'll do a re-think. They were a relatively big hit at SXSW.

Cancon stuff that you also might like:

One Hundred Dollars

Jon Rae Fletcher

Bruce Pennisula

Timbre Timbre

Sunparlour Players

that last Julie Dorion album (it's her HAPPY album)

Eamon McGrath (this guy is nutso entertaining)

WoodPigeon

Japandroids

Women

NQ Arbuckle (these guys have a huge Buckner fetish)

The Burning Hell

You probably know most, if not all of them.

was just about to post about this record. great stuff...

3/6th of One Hundred Dollars used to be/is his backing band.

I'm listening to it, because this show looks absolutely amazing.

(Sorry, not trying to overload a far flung message board with local shows, but I know we share the feeling

of hearing about something special and knowing you can't go, damn it all.)

Steamboat invites you and yours to celebrate the release of our new

cd. Were doing 2 sets with our friends:

ANDRE ETHIER

SANDRO PERRI

MANTLER

ALEX LUKASHEVSKY

SIMONE & IAN FROM $100

DOUG PAISLEY

Featuring the Memphis Ontario Horns ( Bryden Baird, Jay Baird, Joseph Shabason)

It takes place on May 16th at Sneaky Dees. Doors 10.

What do you think? I picked this up last night and listened through casually once. Didn't grab me like the previous ones. I'll give it a more formal listen on the way home.

I like it a lot. Much different than the others, but I like the expansion of their sound.