Guest Jules
His answers to questions are very calculated. His actions and expressions look very calculated. But sometimes he casually lets something slip out as an afterthought or "joke". I believe he says, "....mustard....dijon, or something like that."

Thanks for the clarification.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My burger orders are always calculated for maximum burger enjoyment.

If it's Wednesday, when I can get two cheeseburgers for $5, I'll order:

burger 1:

ketchup

brown mustard

pickles

raw onion

lettuce

mayo

tomato

burger 2:

bbq sauce

grilled onion

jalape

The fact Obama actually said "dijon" kind of blows the whole calculated outing of showing America that he and Biden are 2 regular guys.

And how many "normal" guys ask that their hamburger be medium-rare?

Obama's just a few months into the Presidency. But his clumsy and awkward Presidential moments are starting to pile up. Bowing to the Saudi leader, the Special Olympics comment on Leno, the numerous teleprompter stumblings, his awkward cadence and unfunny "jokes" when he speaks...

Of course, all those things are matters of style and don't mean a thing when it comes to decisions and policies made about our country and the world. But he's just not looking the part of President so far. Reagan seemed very Presidential. Clinton did as well (minus the intern BJ), and Bush, while not the brightest bulb, at least seemed genuine. Obama sometimes seems like an actor stumbling through his scenes.

Point 1: I Didn't know Sean Hannity was a VCer!!! In all seriousness, I was a McCain guy in November, and your sounding a tad bit foolish, it is a hamburger.

Point 2: This will just end up being a, "Name your favourite burger thread" so I'll list mine! I like burgers medium, always with a handful of french fries in the burger. I like burgers with bbq, bacon, and onions OR with blu cheese, bacon, and onions.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH DIJON MUSTARD!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!NM;PDFCXBXCBCCBXCBCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!??!?!?!?!?!??!!!!!!11!1111

It's French..I believe that is the issue? Remember Freedom Fries?

This is my favorite part:

"In the summer of 1997, as he was finishing his first term in the Illinois State Senate, Barack Obama and a young legislative aide made an exploratory tour of downstate districts. When they stopped at a T.G.I. Friday

Point 2: This will just end up being a, "Name your favourite burger thread" so I'll list mine! I like burgers medium, always with a handful of french fries in the burger. I like burgers with bbq, bacon, and onions OR with blu cheese, bacon, and onions.

Those both sound like good burgers.

I typically go with medium (even if they over or under cook it it still comes out within the MR-MW range, which works for me), swiss cheese*, bacon, mustard (preferably dijon, but regular is ok, too), lettuce and pickles. I usually flip the burger upside down to eat it so my thumb doesn't sink into the soggy bottom bun.

*If I'm eating a bison burger I usually get american cheese.

Just to throw in some context, Obama wrote about this in Audacity of Hope. I think this guy may have plagiarized also. I think this is word for word, he just change "I" to "he".

Obama should sue his ass off!

It's French..I believe that is the issue? Remember Freedom Fries?

I'll bet one of his staffers pulled him and Joe aside before they left and begged them not to get swiss cheese.

Just to throw in some context, Obama wrote about this in Audacity of Hope. I think this guy may have plagiarized also. I think this is word for word, he just change "I" to "he".

Actually, I think the blogger may have been quoting from somewhere else, but I didn't really read it all that carefully, because seriously: who cares?

I will say though, it does seem to point to, he just likes dijon! So I still don't see where "calculated" enters into it.

And for the record: very well done (yes, shoot me now), no mustard/ketchup/mayo/onions/pickles/jalapenos/whatever. I like a monterey jack/bacon/avocado combo, or else cheddar/bacon/BBQ sauce.

If I can really go wild, I like pepperjack, cajun and/or blackening spices, roasted red peppers, jalapenos (or jalapeno mayo), bun.

You and Kathy would be perfect burger buddies.

I order my burgers medium and go for those fried onions and not the kind where they just chop an onion and put it on the grill, the kind that are thin cut, battered, and end up in a deep fryer, add lettuce, tomato, and the condiment all depends on my mood. sometimes i don't order anything, sometimes i ask for mayo, and other times A1, bbq sauce, or some other delicacy sauce that is on the menu. i rarely do the whole mustard/ketchup thing (including dijon).

Although I do admit, I like a nice turkey sandwich with dijon mustard. wasn't spicey mustard big back when sun tried tomatoes had their heyday?

I shouldn't have posted anything. I see things probably a little differently. To me, Obama just seems very calculated. I honestly could give a shit what he orders for lunch. Hell, I also like dijon mustard. And sometimes I order a salad and soup at a burger place 'casue I want something light.

But if I was President, and made an outing to a burger place with cameras rolling, "dijon" wouldn't leave my mouth. Just like joking about the Special Olympics would never leave my mouth. He's said numerous other things that just don't seem to fit in whatever situation he's in. He seems awkward many times. His "street smarts" don't seem quite right as President.

OK. I'm probably in .05 percent minority. I'm done on this topic.

This...

mission_accomplished.jpg

mission_accomplished.jpg

...is calculated - dangerously so.