• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This really just needs its own thread!

ah DC is a fun place to be again!! I live for the day that I run into this guy while I am out-and-about.

I talked about this in the Jay Bennett thread. Nobody cared. Losers. He avoided ketchup, which is a good move. Joe Biden got jalapenos. Also a good move.

I talked about this in the Jay Bennett thread. Nobody cared. Losers. He avoided ketchup, which is a good move. Joe Biden got jalapenos. Also a good move.

I saw! and I tried dragging the conversation back to this over there too and they still didn't notice. so it gets a thread. :) he orderd dijon mustard according to one news source.

i think this means there's a chance of getting into Ben's Chili Bowl now since everyone will be lined up at Ray's.

It's a much cheaper photo op than say........flying Air Force One around New York City while some citizens freak the fack out.

I didn't even know he was a pilot! He gets better everyday!

RIGHT! because Obama is JUST like all the old white guys that have run this country before him (and those in the grey poupon commercial). OMG are they for real, phew, glad FOX is fair and balanced. i started to laugh at the absurdity of that, but oyi, they are actually serious. *sigh*

one of my friends just told me she went to Ray's tonight.

And when he paid for it, he said "keep the change"

nice! I love that when Obama goes out and does anything outside the Whitehouse there is a media frenzy and everyone is a buzz (the buzz is much bigger here in the city than nationally i am guessing). When W was here, no one even noticed if he left the Whitehouse, then again, he probably didn't venture too far from his shelter.

The pathetic tactics of the champions of a failed ideology. :rolleyes

:rolleyes

And for what it's worth, I don't think getting a burger medium well and with dijon or spicy mustard is elitist, it's just plain stupid.

RIGHT! because Obama is JUST like all the old white guys that have run this country before him (and those in the grey poupon commercial). OMG are they for real, phew, glad FOX is fair and balanced. i started to laugh at the absurdity of that, but oyi, they are actually serious. *sigh*

well, to be fair - if it were Bush or another prominent republican in the same situation, ordering a burger with *gasp* dijon mustard, you can damn well bet that Olbermann and Maddow would be joking about it on their shows, too. just a fat pitch down the middle for the politics-as-entertainment pundits.

(I happen to be a fan of both KO and Maddow's shows, btw)

And for what it's worth, I don't think getting a burger medium well and with dijon or spicy mustard is elitist, it's just plain stupid.

On this we can agree.

well, to be fair - if it were Bush or another prominent republican in the same situation, ordering a burger with *gasp* dijon mustard, you can damn well bet that Olbermann and Maddow would be joking about it on their shows, too. just a fat pitch down the middle for the politics-as-entertainment pundits.

(I happen to be a fan of both KO and Maddow's shows, btw)

That is BS. Bush over and over throughout his first term at least used to stop at places on the road and it would just be reported on what he ordered. Ocassionally they pointed out that he either did not pay or had an aide pay, but I never once heard one person mock what he ordered.

I remember cnbc once showed Dick Cheney in Wisconsin eating ice cream for 10 minutes I believe it was around when they were running for a second term. Dick Cheney also gave some little kid the stink eye...

The fact Obama actually said "dijon" kind of blows the whole calculated outing of showing America that he and Biden are 2 regular guys.

And how many "normal" guys ask that their hamburger be medium-rare?

Obama's just a few months into the Presidency. But his clumsy and awkward Presidential moments are starting to pile up. Bowing to the Saudi leader, the Special Olympics comment on Leno, the numerous teleprompter stumblings, his awkward cadence and unfunny "jokes" when he speaks...

Of course, all those things are matters of style and don't mean a thing when it comes to decisions and policies made about our country and the world. But he's just not looking the part of President so far. Reagan seemed very Presidential. Clinton did as well (minus the intern BJ), and Bush, while not the brightest bulb, at least seemed genuine. Obama sometimes seems like an actor stumbling through his scenes.

The fact Obama actually said "dijon" kind of blows the whole calculated outing of showing America that he and Biden are 2 regular guys.

And how many "normal" guys ask that their hamburger be medium-rare?

Obama's just a few months into the Presidency. But his clumsy and awkward Presidential moments are starting to pile up. Bowing to the Saudi leader, the Special Olympics comment on Leno, the numerous teleprompter stumblings, his awkward cadence and unfunny "jokes" when he speaks...

Of course, all those things are matters of style and don't mean a thing when it comes to decisions and policies made about our country and the world. But he's just not looking the part of President so far. Reagan seemed very Presidential. Clinton did as well (minus the intern BJ), and Bush, while not the brightest bulb, at least seemed genuine. Obama sometimes seems like an actor stumbling through his scenes.

I don't think you're watching the same president I am.

Are you serious? He knows the word dijon, therefore he is not like a regular guy? If that's the case, I never want to have anything to do with "regular" people ever again.