Kids At A Wilco Show

8 hours ago, HeatherBlue said:

Whoa, many years later, and I'm searching the internet, with my troubling question: "Should I bring my 7-yr old to the Wilco concert next week??" And I'm driving my husband bonkers going back and forth on it.  We have great tickets, it's an outdoor venue, but she can be sensitive to loud sounds/noises, and we're in the 5th row. Am I nuts to even consider bringing her?  

I will say that Stan has been keeping the volumes up pretty high lately, both indoors and out. 

And the Via Chicago cacophony is still there in a big way every night.  

Just be prepared...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Canadian Former Obnoxious Twenty-One Year Old Confirms Vince is Right Again’l   Achievement unlocked!!     Cheers, eh?

This post is pretty funny. Why did I say They Might Be Giants?  Anyways, my issue at concerts these days isn't the children it's the loud mouth adults. Bring the kiddos, it's one less seat for a

And - I even decided to buy 2 more FRONT ROW tickets (for my husband and I) and try to sell my three 5th row tickets. Go big or go home, right? Ha. Kidding. 

3 hours ago, theashtraysays said:

I will say that Stan has been keeping the volumes up pretty high lately, both indoors and out. 

And the Via Chicago cacophony is still there in a big way every night.  

Just be prepared...

Yeah, I'm back to thinking "No, I really should leave her home with the family/friends and enjoy the concert with hubby..."  So, I think that's what we'll do. 

• Like 1
On 5/18/2009 at 8:28 PM, TCP said:

Maybe I'm a jackass (okay, I probably am) but I was a little bit annoyed with all the kids, when I went to see Wilco. If you want to take your kids to a concert, go take them to They Might Be Giants, or something like that. There's a time and a place for kids but it isn't a rock concert.

But I just don't like kids in general, so maybe I am biased.

This post is pretty funny. Why did I say They Might Be Giants? 

Anyways, my issue at concerts these days isn't the children it's the loud mouth adults. Bring the kiddos, it's one less seat for a drunken boomer or an obnoxious 21 year old (...as I was when I made that post!).

Definitely anyone under the teenage years should wear earphones or ear plugs. The Cruel Country shows I've seen haven't been the loudest shows I've ever been to but Vince is right, the levels are being set pretty high.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Update - We went, I did NOT bring my child and it was FANTASTIC! I was on the rail, made several visual contacts with Jeff, and it was just a terrific, rockin' night.   SO glad I did not bring my child. They would have been crying 1/2 an hour in, or less. I admit I wore ear plugs, because I'm getting old, and I don't fancy losing my hearing.... but I could STILL absolutely hear everything, still very loudly.  :rock

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

When this thread started - my wife was pregnant with with our oldest kid - of course I stated, bring the kid back in 09. The below was  taken in 2010 - the kid would have been 9 months old. Pretty sure this was his first Wilco show. 

July 10, 2010 - South Bend Show (with Yo La Tengo) - A great show. Kid slept through most of it and now he is a teenager....

The person with the t-shirt couldn't stop laughing when we crossed each other's path.

My wife happen to send me this pic this morning.

No photo description available.

• Haha 2