Now Playing: June 2009

41llH%2BcOS1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I like this better than Beyond. Strong Where You Been/Without a Sound vibe.

Really? I thought I was the only one who loved the Where You Been/Without A Sound Dino Jr. If your description is right this is good news. Not a L Barlow or early Dinosaur fan, so Beyond was hit and miss for me.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

img.php?i=40286&s=0

I'm a huge Hayden fan, didn't even know this was coming out till the other day. Anyway, nothing new from Hayden in terms of the music, but some gems on here.

Man, this Gerbils CD is the epitome of "College Rock" from the 90's. And I mean that neither as a good or bad thing, just as a point of fact.

Indeed, I was thinking something similar the other day. I saw a used copy at the local record store the other day and it made me smile.

NP:

41WJYGY1JDL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Really? I thought I was the only one who loved the Where You Been/Without A Sound Dino Jr. If your description is right this is good news. Not a L Barlow or early Dinosaur fan, so Beyond was hit and miss for me.

Beyond was nice, but I'm definitely diggin' Farm more. Where You Been is easily my favorite Dino Jr. album. I don't have their entire catalog, but my 3 favorite Dino Jr. albums are:

Where You Been

Green Mind

Bug

Without a Sound is nippin @ Bug's heels.

DirtyProjectors-BitteOrca.jpg

went through this out walking today, "Stillness is the Move" and "Two Doves" back to back are awesome. That's like a Double A-side single combo right there.

But now:

51Dsyv52nSL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Carole King is groovy as shit. To, um, use the phrase.

61STR2SXHPL._SL500_AA240_.jpg8383front.jpg51ZXTeROPzL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

412MC4DYKVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg419V7TSKANL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Dwight Yoakam - The Very Best Of

Son Volt - The Search

Prince - Rehearsals and Live Stuff (1983-84)

Brinsley Schwarz - Silver Pistol

The Who - A Quick One

sweet! Sloppy like the Stones, but with a tad bit more personality and soul. There is a song on side one call "Get Together" I believe, it kicks butt. And of course "Mystifies Me" is on here.

How is this?

What's it like?

Really good. A friend recently recommended it to me. Great list of guest performers - George Harrison, Keith Richards, Mick Jagger, Mick Taylor, Ian McKlagen, and others all anchored by a stellar rhythm section of Willie Weeks and a tandem of drummers, Mickey Waller and Sly & The Family Stone drummer Andy Newkirk. Pretty diverse sound to it. It's got a different sound than a Stones or Faces record. There's definitely some of that element on this record, but it maintains its own sound.

np:

So Called Star - So Called Star

[aka Ed Rooney's (Lamrod's) band]

Pretty cool in a Weezer sorta way!

416WM9HQ3KL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Bill Fay Group - Tomorrow Tomorrow and Tomorrow