Now Playing: June 2009

it's a great record yes, but probably not the best place to start with Dino Jr.

for that i'd say Green Mind, You're Living All Over Me, Bug, or Where You Been would be better starting points.

i do love Farm, but still prefer the last one, Beyond

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a good record? A place to start for Dino Jr.? Perhaps someone send me a...copy, perhaps? :D

I have no idea if this is a good record or not, I wanna be surprised on Tuesday. But I do know that you should start with You're Living All Over Me, Bug or Green Mind. All of those are good starting places for some Dino Jr. Or you could get Ear Bleeding Country, a compilation of Dinosaur's pre-reunion stuff with two J Masics and the Fog track attached.

417I2SGSANL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

this is great stuff. best thing they've done since Rehearsing My Choir. the 2 previous albums were a little too synthetic for my liking, and this is very organic sounding - probably the simplest they've ever sounded.

anyone that thinks the fiery furnaces are too over-the-shop with their arrangements will be surprised by this. Even in the Rain is just fantastic - for a start.

danger-mouse-sparklehorse-dark-night-of-the-soul-2009.jpg

I'm liking this more and more lately.

As if he needed to, Danger Mouse proved what a talent he is, no matter who/what he's producing.

I'm blown away by how much each of these songs sound like tracks by the singers' bands. I've also been inspired to revisit Sparklehorse's catalogue. I had forgotten how wonderful much of it is.

I'd like to see an entire DM-produced album with Linkous singing. I like his voice a lot.

j31020rb6df.jpgc01541ap13p.jpgc65683k0h7i.jpg

i77588jdswo.jpgd1309264761.jpg

NPR Driveway Moments for Dads

House of Freaks - Cakewalk

Shrimp Boat - Cavale

Mark Sultan - The Sultanic Verses

Richard Hell & The Voidoids - Blank Generation