Now Playing: June 2009

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait until the album comes out. They've only done bad once (Rehearsing My Choir) but every other studio album including EP has sounded superb.

The only two that give Merriweather Post Pavilion any competition are Veckatimest and Bitte Orca.

I've got it from a leak - you can find it online if you search. I actually really like Rehearsing My Choir, it's Widow City and to a lesser extent Bitter Tea that seemed like a dip to me, they're not bad I just think they over-complicated the arrangements a bit too much - there's a brilliant acoustic live version of Japanese Slippers, for example, that sounds brilliant and the album version lost the great tune that was there beneath an over-the-top arrangement. Anyway, this album is amazing. There are so many great tunes on it. Keep Me In The Dark has just gone into my favourite position at the moment. Every track is so stupidly catchy.

Oh, and I do really like Veckatimest and Bitte Orca too, it's just I don't think they're up there with MPP, but this Fiery Furnaces might be.

np/ I'm Going Away again and again.

Great song and record. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the Royal City collection that was just released. Even though it's old material, it'll still be good to hear something new after all these years.

41WHP0DPNML._SL500_AA240_.jpg510d72jKWBL._SL500_AA240_.jpg51fDJqBPLoL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

61CuLI9ogWL._SL500_AA240_.jpg51DEVFHNl5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Wolfgang Press - Queer

Beto Villares - Beto Villares

Martin Newell - A Summer Tamarind

Judas Priest - Living After Midnight: The Very Best Of...

Jimmy Cliff - The Harder They Come (orig. soundtrack)

51EDAH8W6YL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Great song and record. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the Royal City collection that was just released. Even though it's old material, it'll still be good to hear something new after all these years.

Same - I remember being soo pissed off at that last record in 2004, I sorta stopped being a fan. Still gonna buy the B-sides and try to hit the tribute concert in Guelph.

What also got me was leafing through 'This Book is Broken'. Lots of Three-gut/Cons/RC memories. Thinking too that as much as I like Jim Guthrie, it's Nathan Lawr's records that I play and enjoy more.

Same - I remember being soo pissed off at that last record in 2004, I sorta stopped being a fan. Still gonna buy the B-sides and try to hit the tribute concert in Guelph.

What also got me was leafing through 'This Book is Broken'. Lots of Three-gut/Cons/RC memories. Thinking too that as much as I like Jim Guthrie, it's Nathan Lawr's records that I play and enjoy more.

Yeah, the last RC record got a few spins by me, but that was it. The other two still get played from time to time, especially "Alone at the Microphone."

p.s. Thanks for reminding me about that book. I will have to pick that up.

NP:

314ZJ935CPL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

8383front.jpg51RBMJNW2AL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

41JDAJVBPBL._SL500_AA240_.jpg51SMY6QGVXL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Prince & The Revolution - Rehearsals & Live Cuts (1983-84)

De La Soul - 3 Ft. High & Rising

Blur - Parklife

Syd Barrett - The Madcap Laughs