Gotta admit, despite an admittedly irrational aversion to this artist (stemming from excessive hype) I liked what I saw/heard on her Youtube clips. Now I even have to begrudgingly admit that Jackson Browne wrote a really great song once.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got the latest Guitar Player magazine in the mail. There's a short article on St. Vincent. Interesting to learn that her uncle is Tuck Andress, from Tuck and Patti.

I just got the latest Guitar Player magazine in the mail. There's a short article on St. Vincent. Interesting to learn that her uncle is Tuck Andress, from Tuck and Patti.

The world is entirely too small....

LouieB

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been hearing talk about her.

I heard a couple of :15 samples over at AllMusic, and I like them.

But, obviously, that ain't gonna give me the whole story.

I do know that she was in Glenn Branca's guitar orchestra (where Thurston Moore and Lee Renaldo met) and was also a part of Camera Obscura (right?).

Tell me more, please. I'm intrigued.

Annie's great. i still prefer Marry Me to Actor, but both are worthy purchases

but no she wasn't part of Camera Obscura, she toured as a guitarist for The Polyphonic Spree tho and also toured as a guitarist in Sufjan Stevens band

• 2 months later...

I had heard about her a little bit here and there and finally decided to check out the music. I think its wonderful. She is touring with Andrew Bird coming up now it appears (Check them out on Austin City Limits Oct. 28), who I am also a big fan of. Great guitarist, gorgeous vocals, and not to mention very beautiful :blush .

Oh, and she can play a mean Dig A Pony:

http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/video/St__Vincent_en_direct_de_la_Route_du_Rock/553/

She was good on Conan or Letterman or one of those shows she was on at some point this past summer.

• 1 year later...