Can We Do A Mixtape trade?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Lowden11

2. DAngerer09 (CD prefered)

3. Hardwood Floor (come on, let's sendspace ... i don't have time to pack up a CD and go to the post office!!)

4. twigboyjoe - CD preferred....I like presents

5. m_thomp (sendspace it)

6. HungryHippo (CD/ sendspace)

7. cgoodwin22 (CD preferred)

The cd preference people could always do a swap, and everyone can do a sendspace upload. We all win!

Yeah, I figure the person organizing this thing will just pair CD folks with CD folks, and same with sendspace.

Also, ya'll think we should confer with our partner before making a mix- like taking a look at their last.fm or having them give us a few of their favorite artists? When I make a mix for someone, I try to tailor it to what I think they would enjoy.

Joss Ackland and jimtweedy, it sounded like you guys were in so I added you to our running list, if I misunderstood feel free to make fun of me for not being able to read.

1. Lowden11

3. Hardwood Floor (come on, let's sendspace ... i don't have time to pack up a CD and go to the post office!!)

8. Joss Ackland

9. jimtweedy1977

10. mpolak21 (Sendspace is easier, but I wouldn't mind swapping actual discs).

--Mike

I would most definitely be up for this. i could do cd.

Hi Jeremy! I swear I'll get around to replying to your pm soon! Miss ya!

Oh, and count me in here, this sounds fun. I can go with either upload or mailed cd's. I too love getting fun mail for a change, instead of just bills and advertisements!

Joss Ackland and jimtweedy, it sounded like you guys were in so I added you to our running list, if I misunderstood feel free to make fun of me for not being able to read.

1. Lowden11

8. Joss Ackland

9. jimtweedy1977

--Mike

11. thankyoufornothingatall

1. Lowden11

8. Joss Ackland

9. jimtweedy1977

12. kidsmoke

There Mike, I've amended your list so it's current now, I believe. :)

How much time do we have on this?

1. Lowden11

8. Joss Ackland

9. jimtweedy1977

12. kidsmoke

13. smellytramp (sendspace)

Any rules apply to this mix-off? Usually we've have a limit to ten songs, and sometimes even a theme?

Equally, we could have no rules, which would ultimately mean me sending twigboyjoe a 'Best of Shed 7' triple cd-set.

Any rules apply to this mix-off? Usually we've have a limit to ten songs, and sometimes even a theme?

Equally, we could have no rules, which would ultimately mean me sending twigboyjoe a 'Best of Shed 7' triple cd-set.

How about anything that can fit on one 80-minute disc is fair game? Also we keep saying sendspace, but if we are going to upload these, I think mediafire might be a better bet. Mediafire stores files a lot longer and generally has better download speed for free users in my experience-- but basically anything but rapidshare will suffice. And if we are uploading, do we put the mixes up on the thread or should keep it to PM's?

--Mike

I would prefer any who put up downloadables do it in this thread...then more of us can enjoy! And yes to putting as much music as will fit on an 80-minute disc. What a great way this is to hear new stuff!

yeah, if people are going the upload route, mediafire is MUCH better.

I would prefer any who put up downloadables do it in this thread...then more of us can enjoy! And yes to putting as much music as will fit on an 80-minute disc. What a great way this is to hear new stuff!

okay, answer this question for me mod.

why would it be okay to link to a whole ton of "commercially released" songs on this thread, but everyone gets up in arms when someone posted one wilco b-side?

yeah, if people are going the upload route, mediafire is MUCH better.

okay, answer this question for me mod.

why would it be okay to link to a whole ton of "commercially released" songs on this thread, but everyone gets up in arms when someone posted one wilco b-side?

Ok, well, sometimes I haven't had my coffee, you know? So, good point and I've changed my mind. But if people were to share via pm's, that'd be keen.

Ok, well, sometimes I haven't had my coffee, you know? So, good point and I've changed my mind. But if people were to share via pm's, that'd be keen.

No biggie :cheekkiss , we did have YouSendIt uploads on the actual threads in the past, but YSI uploads only lasted a week and there downloads were capped, so we could sort of control the file sharing. Mine should be done shortly.

--Mike

Excuse me in advance, I didn't read the whole thread, but I didn't see any mention of actual "tapes" in this discussion. I made these suckers from age 10 in the mid-80's all the way up until a few years ago. I still have some blank tapes around here. At least in my case, as I haven't digitized my vinyl collection, a mix tape would have a much wider and greater range than anything I could do with files (not that I know how to do that) or burning cds.

just finished my mix. had to re-mix it as the first mix was depressing as heck. it then occurred to me that most of what i listen to is depressing. this new mix is rad tho. 19 songs at 79 mins. 42 secs.

As we finish up what's the best way to get these out? Should we post our tracklists in the thread, and PM everyone on the list our links?

Greg, I was the last person on the block to get a CD burner when I was in high school, and I think I might be the last of my g-g-generation to actually use cassettes. I'd prefer my playlists to kind of be fluid and always changing-- I rarely keep a playlist unscathed on my ipod for longer than a couple of weeks, I'm always tweaking with different song sequences, and so tapes were a little difficult for me to manage. I'd always end up fucking up as well and not quite taping all the way over a track. I remember somehow I had R.E.M's Murmur with snippets of Revolution No. 9 spliced in between the tracks. I still hear "Number Nine, Number Nine" sometimes in between Catapult and Sitting Still.

Right now my mix is almost finished up. Looking forward to all of these, I might have to drive from Saint Paul, MN to Charleston, WV over two days next week, so it'll be fun to have some new track lists to listen to.

--Mike