Can We Do A Mixtape trade?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have done these here before, and had great success. Here's a link to an older thread: http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/21654-ysi-mix-exchange-volume-5/

I think usually the mixers like to have a theme to work around, although that's probably not a necessity.

I usually don't bother making a mix myself, but I'm always up for downloading someone else's mix!

i'd love to. i'm working on one right now, actually.

Sign me up. Should we do an exchange, or could we just have people make mix CD's and upload them, so everyone can get a chance to hear everything?

--Mike

I'm down for this.

I think we should pair up though. If everyone just throws up a link, then we'll end up with people making mixes that may not ever get heard. Plus, if you pair up, then you can discuss what you liked/did not like with your partner after you swap mixes.

i'd love to participate in something like this. i think doing an old school cd-r trade would be cool. there's nothing like getting a disc in the mail, popping it in your cd player and discovering some new jams. the internet seems to take the joy/ anticipation of this away to a degree.

i'd love to participate in something like this. i think doing an old school cd-r trade would be cool. there's nothing like getting a disc in the mail, popping it in your cd player and discovering some new jams. the internet seems to take the joy/ anticipation of this away to a degree.

I agree with this! If people want to do it over sendspace, that's cool, but I would personally prefer the CD-R (or dare I say it) a cassette trade :P

If you're down, please repost your username after mine....I'll randomly pick who is matched with who, and post...it is then up to who is signed up to either get in contact with your partner and exchange CD's or sendspace, etc.

1. Lowden11

I'm in!

1. Lowden11

2. DAngerer09 (CD prefered)

3. Hardwood Floor (come on, let's sendspace ... i don't have time to pack up a CD and go to the post office!!)

4. twigboyjoe - CD preferred....I like presents ;)

I'm in. Digital vibes can be sent and would be gratefully received. With a logistics head on, and to keep costs down, I could pair up with twigboyjoe as he's a Laaahdaaaarn lad, from saaaaarf of the river, so I can easily package up the goods being UK based.

1. Lowden11

2. DAngerer09 (CD prefered)

3. Hardwood Floor (come on, let's sendspace ... i don't have time to pack up a CD and go to the post office!!)

4. twigboyjoe - CD preferred....I like presents

5. m_thomp (sendspace it)

6. HungryHippo (CD/ sendspace)

I've always wanted to participate in a mixtape trade sort of thing. We can randomly match up a pair of people and share some music! Anyone else down?

Don't let the RIAA find out, this sounds like file sharing on a small scale.

I'm in. Digital vibes can be sent and would be gratefully received. With a logistics head on, and to keep costs down, I could pair up with twigboyjoe as he's a Laaahdaaaarn lad, from saaaaarf of the river, so I can easily package up the goods being UK based.

You done your research well! :)

Sounds good to me, happy to sendspace too if that's preferred?