Hot off the presses...Sarah Palin resigning as Governor of Alaska

(or maybe there is a super juicy scandal yet to break.)

heard on the radio this morning that almost-son-in-law-until-she-lost-then-he-was-kicked-to-the-curb Levi is shopping a "tell all" book of his own.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly can't wait for the next election if she is the Republican candidate. She is going to get her ass handed to her by a far more seasoned Obama. Then again she could just be in this for the money (or maybe there is a super juicy scandal yet to break.)

LouieB

if the economy doesn't get better, it won't matter who the GOP runs out there.

If the economy doesn't get any better it will be the best opportunity for a 3rd party candidate we've seen in a long, long time.

Palin is divisive even within her own party. That crazy bitch doesn't stand a snowball's chance.

If the economy doesn't get any better it will be the best opportunity for a 3rd party candidate we've seen in a long, long time.

Palin is divisive even within her own party. That crazy bitch doesn't stand a snowball's chance.

And a year and a half ago that crazy douchebag Glenn Beck didn't have a snowball's chance in hell to be one of the highest rated cable personalities around. The economy makes people do crazy shit.

Bingo. I can't help but wonder if she's starting her own party, with the help of some angry republicans and some crazy democrats.

It's going to be really interesting to see if the Repubs go with one of the old guard neo-con types like Jindal, who focuses more on morality, or if they go with a Ron Paul type who focuses on the economy. Sanford would've had a great chance if the economy kept going down and he had been able to stop going down to Argentina.

It's going to be really interesting to see if the Repubs go with one of the old guard neo-con types like Jindal, who focuses more on morality, or if they go with a Ron Paul type who focuses on the economy. Sanford would've had a great chance if the economy kept going down and he had been able to stop going down to Argentina.

:lol

Dudes, I realize the campaign never ends, but it's summer 2009. By the time parties start picking nominees, zombies could be the #1 issue in America.

Then I hereby nominate Max Brooks for President of the United States in 2012.

And a year and a half ago that crazy douchebag Glenn Beck didn't have a snowball's chance in hell to be one of the highest rated cable personalities around. The economy makes people do crazy shit.

I know many people who are disciples of his. My brother in law left his Rush discipleship behind because Beck makes more sense to him.

With the whole Palin thing I find it interesting that within a couple of days of each other two people who are highly thought of by their followers got some Alaska history dead wrong. Beck on his show talked about how the US bought Alaska in the 1950's specifically for the natural resources. And Palin in her resignation ramble said it was Seward, a member of Lincolns cabinet who pushed for the purchase of Alaska. While Palin was closer, as Seward had been a member of Lincoln's cabinet, he was a member of the southern democrat Jophnson's cabinet when Alaska was purchased. Lincoln had been dead for 2+ years at the time.

I know many people who are disciples of his. My brother in law left his Rush discipleship behind because Beck makes more sense to him.

Before my uncle told me to "fuck off" and deleted me on Facebook, I could always tell what crazy bullshit he was going to post on his page by what Beck had talked about the night before.

With the whole Palin thing I find it interesting that within a couple of days of each other two people who are highly thought of by their followers got some Alaska history dead wrong.

But when they get things wrong, it only proves that they aren't one of those librul elitists who value contemptible things like book learnin'.

Five years ago, who would have thought we'd eventually be making jokes about twobobs hiking the Appalachian Trail?

I'm putting "hiking the Appalachian Trail" in my list of favorite APEs, along with "shaking hands with old Abe Lincoln" (a Letterman classic) and "a pineapple whip in the Enchanted Tiki Room" (courtesy of Brianne; every trip to Disneyland from now on will just feel dirty).

The piece in Salon was very good -- I couldnt understand why the so called liberal MSM didnt pick up on it more. The Ayers thing which was such a far reach was a big deal, but Todd Palin was in this AIP so freakin recently.

I got called a "crazy f-ing stupid liberal" on July 4th. By a friend of a friend. Yes -- we were all pretty loaded. But my friend agreed with her friend. Not much of a friend anymore. She's a racist hillbilly that hates black people. F her. I'll proudly cop to the Liberal tag.

I got to listen to people plannning on their July 5th Tea party and discussing who among their friends was a patriot and who was not as well as who was on board with Glen Beck. I didn't have the heart to tell them that even Glen Beck says that we should not want him leading us.

I heard a commercial for one of those deals on the radio the other day. At the end of the commercial, it was announced they would crown a "Mr. and Mrs. Teabag" at the end of the Tea Party.

With the whole Palin thing I find it interesting that within a couple of days of each other two people who are highly thought of by their followers got some Alaska history dead wrong. Beck on his show talked about how the US bought Alaska in the 1950's specifically for the natural resources. And Palin in her resignation ramble said it was Seward, a member of Lincolns cabinet who pushed for the purchase of Alaska. While Palin was closer, as Seward had been a member of Lincoln's cabinet, he was a member of the southern democrat Jophnson's cabinet when Alaska was purchased. Lincoln had been dead for 2+ years at the time.

I'm not a big Palin fan, but Seward was a member of Lincoln's cabinet, had always been a big proponent of expansion, and negotiated the purchase. Did she say it was done while Lincoln was alive. As a holdover as Secretary of State, is it really a misstatement to say that he was a member of Lincoln's cabinet. Lincoln appointed him in that position, right?

I mean, find something worthwhile to call her out on instead of splitting hairs.

Of course, it's pretty sad that Sarah Palin's resignation is the topic of conversation with Obama bungling every foreign policy statement he makes (Honduras, Iran, Russia, etc.)

The MSM does seem to have a lot invested in making SP look stoopid, which she does it perfectly well on her own. It's just an easy story for the media and Letterman wannabees to beat to death, with the effect of making SP a sympathetic figure.