Top 20 Jeff Tweedy Songs

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summerteeth has 2 represented, and sadly, I don't think it will get another....though I think it's almost criminal to not have at least one of the following on a Top 20 Tweedy list: Pieholden Suite, How to Fight Lonliness or Via Chicago.

I'll try the impossible....and predict the final 3 songs.

3. At Least That's What You Said or Hell is Chrome or Spiders (I'll predict Spiders, though Hell is Chrome is my personal fave. One of these MUST be on a top 20 Tweedy list.)

2. IITTBYH or Ashes of American Flags or Poor Places (I'll predict Ashes. All 3 of these are arguably better than the 2 YHF songs he's listed so far.)

1. Boxful of Letters or OuttaMind/OuttaSite (I'll predict Boxful of Letters. Both got good radio play back in the day. A.M. has only one represented so far.)

Guest Runaway Jim

Good joke, Dude. You totally had me. And I was pissed.

IATTBYH at 3 is good. I have it at 5 on my list. Can't complain really. And it was a little better of a write up. Maybe he read our complaints.

Good joke, Dude. You totally had me. And I was pissed.

:fish The great part is, he's done enough goofy choices earlier in the list to almost make this one seem like a possibility.

IATTBYH at 3 is good. I have it at 5 on my list. Can't complain really. And it was a little better of a write up. Maybe he read our complaints.

God, what a song. :wub Much better than Shake It Off, the selection of which almost made me throw up until I realized i was being punk'd. :)

God, what a song. :wub Much better than Shake It Off, the selection of which almost made me throw up until I realized i was being punk'd. :)

It was a sort like a Rick Roll, only the click-through outcome was way better than anticipated, not way worse. :monkey

I've said it before (I think) but I don't understand the vehement hate for Shake it Off. I realize some people find the song annoying (I don't), but do you guys truly think the lyrics are bad? I think they're great. I'm not saying it's a better song than IATTBYH. I'm just saying.

I'm standing by my July 16th prediction of Ashes as #1.

I've said it before (I think) but I don't understand the vehement hate for Shake it Off. I realize some people find the song annoying (I don't), but do you guys truly think the lyrics are bad? I think they're great. I'm not saying it's a better song than IATTBYH. I'm just saying.

I'm standing by my July 16th prediction of Ashes as #1.

I don't think the lyrics are bad (although "Somewhere there’s a war/Sometimes there is art" kinda makes me cringe), I'd just hate to see it finish very high on the list when there are soooo many more worthy songs.

It has more to do with melody than lyrics for me. I thought it would be an amusing #3. It doesn't mean I think it's in the bottom 3, either, but it's closer to the bottom than it is to the top.