• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can he be thrown out of the country for being a horse's ass?

Oh no! We have lost Our Heinous Reyes!

Now if we can finally find out who murdered Bob Hope.

Or Bob Crane, for that matter...

McGwire seemed sorry but shit aren't they all when they get caught? Gammons summed it up well on MLB network: (sic) "he admits to cheating (even though he says it was minimal impact, etc.) he loses my vote." I'm with Gammons that regardless of a HoF entry (which I don't think he'll get) he did plenty to make a name for himself in history.

He said he wasn't doing it for strength and it didn't help him hit homeruns. Heh.

I think it was Barry Larkin who said some poignant things about everybody's body gets wear and tear and not everybody chose to take PEDs. There are choices each individual makes, etc. and he made his own decision.

Larkin's right. I don't care if it was "the era" for doing PEDs, in the end it boils down to choices and consequences. McGwire will deal with the fallout of most likely no HoF.

Shouldn't McGwire be worrying about going to jail for perjury now? Or does that not pertain to the senate-subcommittee thingy that he falsely testified in front of? (Or did he just take the 5th back then?)

I think his miraculous change of heart and desire to come clean somehow coincided with the statute of limitations expiring. 5 years. I heard it on the news this morning. Stand up guy, this McGwire.

What did he say that would constitute perjury?

Maybe he was afraid of obstruction of justice charges? Maybe not. Looks like it hasn't been quite 5 yrs yet, either, according to Winston's link. I was just regurgitating the news from this am. Let's give McGwire the benefit of the doubt!

Speaking of Mark McGwire, did anyone see David Ortiz on Jimmy Fallon last night?

He looked pretty trimmed down and fit then I've ever seen him (though he was wearing the always flattering black)

I know that I read that he was "very serious" about a workout regimen & diet, but I'm not sure if that's the problem with his recent at-bats.

And LaRussa is a horse's ass too, for buying McGwire's story. These dudes did not ruin the game, but they ruined an era and should do us all a favor by shutting the hell up and going the hell away.

And LaRussa is a horse's ass too, for buying McGwire's story. These dudes did not ruin the game, but they ruined an era and should do us all a favor by shutting the hell up and going the hell away.

Dude, he was so frustrating this morning on Mike and Mike. They asked him when did he find out McGwire was doing steroids and he said the other day when Mark called him. Give me a break.