If you were going to go to the Oct/Nov Europe run what shows would you do?

Did a trip to New Orleans last year around Wilco so why not Europe this year?

They just added that last date.

Im thinking either Switzerland>Italy(the venues there are UNREAL)>Holland (the venues are not big and are GA)

or

Just do the two UK dates and chill around London.

Any input is appreciated as Ive never been to Europe before

The dates are as follows:

Nov-03 Leeds, UK Leeds Academy

Nov-04 London, UK The Forum

Nov-06 Brussels, BE Ancienne Belgique

Nov-07 Weissenhauser Strand, DE Ferienpark

Rolling Stone Weekender

Nov-08 Copenhagen, DK Royal Theatre

Nov-11 Zurich, CH Volkshaus

Nov-13 Florence, IT Teatro Della Pergola

Nov-14 Milan, IT Conservatorio

MILAN: w/Special Guest GRIZZLY BEAR

Nov-16 Amsterdam, NL Paradiso

Nov-17 Eindhoven, NL Effenar

do you think 5 shows is too many? Would it get old?

Right, if you've never done Europe before, here's what you should do.

Probably the cheapest and most plentiful transatlantic flights come into Heathrow so start in London and hit The Forum in Kentish Town on Nov 4th - just up the road from Camden Town which is worth a mooch around if you don't mind the hordes of student tourists (good venue aswell - holds about three thousand and you can get close in the standing areas downstairs).

From London you can hop on the train to Brussels via the tunnel - and catch the show there. It's a grand city in the centre - architecture that you'll never see in the US. From there Europe is a playground with enormous riches. If it were me and I was taking in five shows around the continent (it's easy to get around by train, plane or bus and even more fun driving) I would go to Zurich (Switzerland is amazing and you might catch some early skiing in November), Florence because it's one of the world's most beautiful cities (even in November) and then, of course, you end up in Amsterdam because it's, well, Amsterdam. From there an easy hop back to London and home from there.

I will be at The Forum show with some buddies and would be happy to show you around town. PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,

Chris

Milano "Conservatorio" and Firenze "La Pergola" theatre have fantastic acoustic they'e made for classical music. The second is one of the historical theatre of the city and is a '700 building.

DON'T MISS THEM!

See You there.

Hi,Roby, Torino, Italy.

teatro_della_pergola.jpg

teatro-della-pergola-640x480.jpg

Hmmmm, The Paradiso is an old church, converted into a concert hall. That should will most likely be GA, and the acoustics were pretty decent considering my state of mind. I know the acoustics must be decent because I know a couple bands including "Live" have recorded thier live albums there.

I live in Brussels, its a great city. The Ancienne Belgique is a great place to see a concert. Lots of bands record their live cd over there because of the good accoustics. And there are still tickets and not that expensive (27€). Furthermore the concert hall is right in the middle of the centre. http://www.abconcerts.be/en/concerts/p/detail/wilco-06-11-2009

Hi everybody,

i would totally pick zurich (well because i live there, 5 minutes from the venue) and milano (because it's a beautiful venue and italy is always great). If some of you come to zurich we all could meet before the concert, there's a lot of great bars right next to the venue :cheers . some friends and i will be at the zurich and milano concerts, 2 times wilco in 3 days, what a week :thumbup

No ill feeling meant to the good people of Leeds but our transport system in the UK is crap and expensive unless you use the cheapo buses and you get what you pay for.

Through experience I can only vouch for the Paradiso where we saw Wilco June 1st 2007 and it was great but pretty rammed! Good venue though for atmosphere and there are 2 or 3 terraces above the main floor with good views and bars on every floor! If it wasn't a mid week nite I would be back in a flash!

I have front row for Milano and am stoked - and very jealous if you can get to the other shows!

Hi everybody,

i would totally pick zurich

I'm thinking of following your advice, but can you tell me if the Volkshaus is a mixed standing/seated venue. Their website seems to suggest so, but my German is embarrassingly limited. I'm really not keen on all-seater places, because people (including me) do want to stand up regardless. Otherwise, it looks like a great, compact place - capacity about 1500?

yes the volkshaus is mixed standing/seating. The Balcony is the seating area and the groundfloor is all standing. The capacity is about 1500-1800 i think. It's a very nice place with good acoustics, i really like to see shows there. Would be very nice to see some VC's there!

The Ancienne Belgique is a great place to see a concert. Lots of bands record their live cd over there because of the good accoustics. And there are still tickets and not that expensive (27€). Furthermore the concert hall is right in the middle of the centre. http://www.abconcert...ilco-06-11-2009

I totally concur with JorgyBrussels and not only because I live in Brussels too :whoo .

The Ancienne Belgique is well known for its great acoustic and indeed plenty of bands record their live album over there (check out Calexico's new live album "Ancienne Belgique, Live In Brussels 2008").

People are usually well behaved and respectful at gigs.

It's right in the city centre and a 2 minutes walk from the "Grand Place".

My Wilco tour schedule :

Hasselt, BE Pukkelpop Aug-20

London, GB Troxy Aug-25

Brussels, BE Ancienne Belgique Nov-06

Eindhoven, NL Effenar Nov-17

have never been there:

nov.jpg

/quote]

Me neither. Though I read that the venue is 1,500 max capacity.

Must be the tiniest venue from the whole tour as well as being the last date of the European leg.

Should be interesting.

Since I live in The Netherlands, my shows will be: (London?), Brussels, Amsterdam and Eindhoven. Are the London tickets not for sale yet? Very lucky Wilco will do two shows in The Netherlands. I haven't visited the Effenaar for more than 20 years ... Moreover it will be the last show of their European tour. Remember very well 2005, Paradiso Amsterdam. That show was also the final gig of their European tour and they played in their last encore "Something In The Air" and "I Shall Be Released" (

).