WTF Massey Hall Presale

My friend at a TM outlet said very few seats were loaded, he thinks that Massey Hall/TM might be holding them and releasing them later, like they do at the ACC and Rogers Centre. I didn't think Massey Hall would do something like that, but I don't see how else all the floors and balconies were gone.

Seems like a common practice. I bought tickets for the Costello show at Massey. I kept checking TM and Massey Hall and for the first 20 minutes or so, all I was getting was gallery and the odd balcony. After about 20 or 25 minutes, I pulled up a pair in row 9 on the Massey Hall site. Trying to balance fear and greed, I threw those back, tried again, and pulled up row 4. I checked TM at the same time and they never seemed to have better than the gallery/balcony. Keep checking people.

Seems like a common practice. I bought tickets for the Costello show at Massey. I kept checking TM and Massey Hall and for the first 20 minutes or so, all I was getting was gallery and the odd balcony. After about 20 or 25 minutes, I pulled up a pair in row 9 on the Massey Hall site. Trying to balance fear and greed, I threw those back, tried again, and pulled up row 4. I checked TM at the same time and they never seemed to have better than the gallery/balcony. Keep checking people.

Yeah, closer to the day of the show I'm sure we'll see some more. Also, love your sig- one of my favourite lines.

Word is a second show will be added on October 15.

I have to think this will happen. I thought the ad for this concert on the front page of the Globe and Mail's entertainment section yesterday was a clue that they're shooting for something bigger. But I couldn't take the chance. Had a meeting downtown this morning and wasn't near my computer. Ran to the Roy Thompson box office by 9:50. By 10:10 when I reached the wicket there were only obstructed view balcony seats left but I took em anyway.

that's the thing, they took out full page ads in the weeklys too. Seems like a waste if there was only a few hundred tickets left to sell this morning...

a 2nd show would be awesome, if only to screw the scalpers who are now gouging away on craigslist etc for the 14th show

I really hope they do add another date as on Thursday even the Massey Hall Friends First tickets sold out, really really quickly, I didn't even get them, which I usually do with ease. I was quite worried when I missed out on the Frontgate pre-sale and then the Friends First so I basically just glad I got something, never seen Wilco from the balcony at Massey yet so it will be an experience. I'm pretty sure this is sold out for sure now, and really it seems odd that there's not a whole lot on Craigslist yet so maybe a lot of actual fans got some tickets.

I'm completely upset at this whole experience... no luck today either, only singles available.

I've never had such bad luck getting tickets before.

today I hate everything.

praying for a 15th show.

edit---

just called Massey Hall...

got 2 singles 2 seats apart third row balcony!

hoping people will move over & let us sit together (but I would still be ok if they didn't)

Sorry to hear this, c.lo. I was there @ 7am again and managed to snag a single seat in the 3rd row of the balcony, section RSB. I'm hoping for a second show, too. I'd definitely hang around for a second show, especially if I can get a half-decent seat on the floor. Heh, who am I kidding, any non-view-obstructed seat!

Fairly frustrating pressale with a somewhat happy ending. Got in pretty much right away - about 9:58 eastern I think. I was offered a pair in floor row D right on the aisle. Bingo! Go through the whole process and it says my card is declined. My "account" name is different than the name on my credit card (Rick/Richard). I think this might have something to do with the decline. But there is no way to change your account name online. I call up and speak to an agent. He can change my name but the tickets are lost. Even thought the system said I had 5 minutes left and 2 more attempts. And he tells me it's sold out. "There will be a Ticketmaster sale". "Yeah, but the system says the tickets are still there" I said. "Sorry, sir, they were lost when we changed your account info". And he tells me it's totally sold out again, just to help calm me down (or get rid of me). Stupidly/stubornly, I go back to Front Gate anyway. I refresh a few times. And like some kind of miracle, at some point I can request 1 ticket. It's about 10:10 now. And I pull up one of the two tickets in row D. I wanted 2 tickets but I'm not positive my girlfriend can actually make the trip so I figure I'll go for the single. And my friggin card gets declined again! Luckily, I have about 8 minutes left on the transaction so I call Front Gate back. The agent I get on the phone tells me there is nothing she can do - I should call my credit card company. She can't "get into the order", whatever the hell that means. I thank her (for nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing at all), go back online and with about 45 seconds remaining, I try another credit card. Order accepted. Crimminy.

Fairly frustrating pressale with a somewhat happy ending. Got in pretty much right away - about 9:58 eastern I think. I was offered a pair in floor row D right on the aisle. Bingo! Go through the whole process and it says my card is declined. My "account" name is different than the name on my credit card (Rick/Richard). I think this might have something to do with the decline. But there is no way to change your account name online. I call up and speak to an agent. He can change my name but the tickets are lost. Even thought the system said I had 5 minutes left and 2 more attempts. And he tells me it's sold out. "There will be a Ticketmaster sale". "Yeah, but the system says the tickets are still there" I said. "Sorry, sir, they were lost when we changed your account info". And he tells me it's totally sold out again, just to help calm me down (or get rid of me). Stupidly/stubornly, I go back to Front Gate anyway. I refresh a few times. And like some kind of miracle, at some point I can request 1 ticket. It's about 10:10 now. And I pull up one of the two tickets in row D. I wanted 2 tickets but I'm not positive my girlfriend can actually make the trip so I figure I'll go for the single. And my friggin card gets declined again! Luckily, I have about 8 minutes left on the transaction so I call Front Gate back. The agent I get on the phone tells me there is nothing she can do - I should call my credit card company. She can't "get into the order", whatever the hell that means. I thank her (for nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing at all), go back online and with about 45 seconds remaining, I try another credit card. Order accepted. Crimminy.

Wow, congrats on getting that ticket! I went through the same horrible emotional rollercoaster for the last presale. Best part is, the tickets I got screwed out of last time ended up being the seats I pulled up in this presale. Life is funny.

I love Massey Hall and I love Wilco! Was out of the loop for the first presale and missed it entirely. Regular sales proved worthless so I'll wait until closer to the date or day of and get something then. Or maybe someone here will turn up with extras. This second show shaped up better, at least I knew about the presale. Seems I used to get email newletters or reminders of such things but not anymore. Anyway, I needed a pair and ended up with 2 singles on the centre aisle, same seat in rows C and D. Possibly one of bobfrombob's original pair.

I love Massey Hall

Me too. And looking forward to seeing Elvis Costello and the Sugarcanes there next week!

Possibly one of bobfrombob's original pair.

Likely. And if so, and if you really need to sit together, I could sit in C and you would have a pair in D. See you there.

Bobfrombob same thing happened to me, my friend bought the tickets for me through his credit card yet on my frontgate account, totally different names but it was accepted apparently, maybe I got lucky I guess. I have called back and got things changed though so all is good.

Anyways I got row E seats 30 and 31, dead centre 5th row. So happy as I have no so great seats for the first night. See you guys there!

Also people that are still looking for tickets there is still friendsfirst tickets available through Massey Hall. I believe for a single seat you can get one in row G and if you need a pair I believe there are some available still in row L.

I was really asleep at the switch for this...just saw the band in Lewiston and figured the Massey tix would be really expensive like they were in 2007.

Anyway I just got two in the gallery for the 15th and I'm gonna take my 12-year-old daughter to her first Wilco show! Hopefully this show sells out fast and I can try to 'upgrade' to better seats for one of the shows. Already looks like there isn't much left for the 15th.

I was really asleep at the switch for this...just saw the band in Lewiston and figured the Massey tix would be really expensive like they were in 2007.

Anyway I just got two in the gallery for the 15th and I'm gonna take my 12-year-old daughter to her first Wilco show! Hopefully this show sells out fast and I can try to 'upgrade' to better seats for one of the shows. Already looks like there isn't much left for the 15th.

I dragged my husband to Lewiston & he didn't actually think I would want to see them again so soon.

He's not into it, so I asked my little brother, who's 17, to come with me. He's very excited!