Wilco on CBS Sunday Morning

I thought it was pretty neat that Jeff and Spencer chose to rock out some Meters. I didn't re-watch the piece but I believe it was Cissy Strut. Jeff was gettin down to, Zigaboo would have been proud!

Cissy Strut indeed. Love this tune and thought it was very cool to see Jeff and the kids jamming on this one.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kind of a lazy, thrown-together piece, but nice to see them getting the pub.

A couple quibbles: Maybe they don't mention winning the Grammy for AGIB because it doesn't fit with the "they just might make it now!" narrative.

Also, my understanding is the Tweedy fam lives in Chicago proper, not the 'burbs as indicated.

Thanks for the link, but it ain't working :ohwell

What format is the video barbkm, avi, mpeg, other?

It's up on Youtube now, so I'm cool Thanks for the help, thoough.

And my comment on the piece is so girly -- love the pictures of him as a little boy. You can really see Spencer and Sam.

A couple quibbles: Maybe they don't mention winning the Grammy for AGIB because it doesn't fit with the "they just might make it now!" narrative.

The piece did mention the Grammys.

I appreciate any PR the band receives, and enjoyed the piece. At the same time, as a big fan -- didn't it seem like they were telling some other band's story? Sure, none of us would argue that the band is underrated by the world in general...pretty much unknown by the world in general. But does anybody feel like they're a long suffering band, looking for their big break? "The little band that could"? Hilarious.

Hey, how much would it suck if the premise of the story was correct? That after years of obscurity they're ready to make that quantum leap? As a fan of only a few years, it's been nice to know that, when they're in my corner of the country, I'm going to be able to snag tickets. And for a fraction of the price of the biggest acts in the world. We've had a good thing going here...it would not be cool if the rest of the world started crashing the party.

But, no, I do not begrudge the boys their well-earned fame and fortune.

My favorite part is in the background at The Loft, there is a SuperDawg sculpture. Tweedy mentioned this as his favorite hot dog in the city. Pretty funny. I just walked up there the other night with my wife to get a chocolate malt. Delicious. Maybe I'll run into the Tweedy clan there someday.