Wilco on CBS Sunday Morning

I assume its going to be on... Sunday morning.

If you asked a room full of music critics to list the greatest American rock bands performing today, chances are a large majority of them would mention Wilco. If you’ve never heard of Wilco, or can’t quite think of any of their greatest hits, don’t blame the band - they’ve been putting out their unique brand of music for 15 years, play to sold-out audiences, have won two Grammy awards, and sold more than 4 million albums. But to many, Wilco has always been a band just under the radar - while a favorite of critics and big on college campuses, they've never cracked Top 40 radio.

In her interview with WIlco lead singer and songwriter Jeff Tweedy, CBS correspondent Cynthia Bowers talks about the mythology that’s grown up around Wilco, that they’re the "greatest band that never gets played on the radio." Not one for false modesty, Tweedy responds, "we’d be happy to be the second greatest band that does get played on the radio." And Tweedy just might get his wish - Wilco’s new album is their fastest seller ever, debuting at number 4 on the Billboard charts.

A profile of the Chicago-based, all-American band, this Sunday Morning.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume its going to be on... Sunday morning.

Thanks for the link/heads up:

more info here:

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_network/release?id=22547

WILCO - Correspondent Cynthia Bowers profiles the band Wilco, whose fusion of country, rock and pop has transformed them from cult favorites to what Rolling Stone magazine calls "America's foremost rock impressionists."

My girlfriend watches this show religiously, I end up watching it too most Sundays. Looking forward to seeing Wilco on there.

It’s probably the most underappreciated 90 minutes on network television – and some of the best.

I second this. Informative, and what I like about it is that it is the most positive news program on TV anymore. Intelligent and celebratory. I am a dad too, and watch it every week. My son looks forward to the "sun" song every Sunday.

the only reason i caught it is because my mother called me to tell me it was coming on. glad she woke me up.

Me too! She gets so excited when Wilco gets news coverage. She is so proud of them! She even called me back afterwards for review. She said she particularly liked that they showed the "normal" side of rock & roll, that musicians can have a family and still rock etc. "You know, so much about rock music isn't very nice."

My mom is 80 years old. :wub Great-Grandma rock!

I never post on here, but had to share this with people that care! I literally checked my email, read the email from WilcoHQ, saw that they were going to be on Sunday Morning, freaked out and pissed the kids off by turning off Mickey Mouse clubhouse, turned it to Sunday Morning and there was Jeff Tweedy!! I got to see the whole thing!! Wilco and I are meant to be. The last 13 years are not wasted!! Thanks Wilco and CBS Sunday Morning!!

I've posted the segment on DIME as a (DVD-compliant) mpeg2/NTSC file:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=263438

WILCO

CBS Sunday Morning (CBS-TV - USA)

August 23, 2009

Career profile (MPEG2 NTSC video) 8:59

A SUMMER SONG: Wilco

In her interview with Wilco lead-singer and songwriter Jeff Tweedy, CBS correspondent Cynthia Bowers profiles the band Wilco, whose fusion of country, rock and pop has transformed them from cult favorites to what Rolling Stone magazine calls "America's foremost rock impressionists", and talks about the mythology that’s grown up around Wilco, that they’re the "greatest band that never gets played on the radio."

CBS Sunday Morning

CBS News Division

New York, NY

VIDEO: digital cable>Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-250 Capture card using "DVD SP/MPEG2 quality-setting">VideoReDo edit to remove intro/outro commercials-no recoding>MPEG2 file on HD

NTSC MPEG2 DVD/24 Bit/720X480/29.970 f/s/VBR